Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

On 12/02/2023 at 02:03, Stinky said:

It's a bit odd that a guy who has been the literal definiton of bit-part player for us in nearly 7 seasons here has one great game and suddenly we must offer him a new contract? I haven't seen the game today and fair play to the guy if he played as well as others are saying, i've nothing against him but he's been here long enough now and showed glimpses like today how often?

We offered him a new contract a few years back near his original expiry because we couldn't get a replacement in no? And soon went back to being in the shadows. Chances are the same will happen if we extend again

Please see other comments many including me have made about him over the years. This guy has been under appreciated by Rodgers, and seemingly you, for years. It is about time he is acknowledged as a great player for us and certainly better than Ndidi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Please see other comments many including me have made about him over the years. This guy has been under appreciated by Rodgers, and seemingly you, for years. It is about time he is acknowledged as a great player for us and certainly better than Ndidi.

He’s blind & can’t see shit…@stinky I mean…

Like you , always said underrated..plus again he was in charge in our 2 big runs in the table when we qualified for Europe….he led us to top 2,when he took a knock

& Ndidi was fit again,we dropped to 4th,then 5th…interesting innit..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

He’s blind & can’t see shit…@stinky I mean…

Like you , always said underrated..plus again he was in charge in our 2 big runs in the table when we qualified for Europe….he led us to top 2,when he took a knock

& Ndidi was fit again,we dropped to 4th,then 5th…interesting innit..

Well that's not very friendly

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Mendy had a good game, I'm pleased for him but let's not rewrite history.  He has also had many average games.  He is a useful squad member but  Mendy at his best is nowhere near Wilf at his best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

Mendy had a good game, I'm pleased for him but let's not rewrite history.  He has also had many average games.  He is a useful squad member but  Mendy at his best is nowhere near Wilf at his best.

Absolutely right. There is no way that Mendy can be considered, to date, as a ‘great player for Leicester’.

Thats fan boy nonsense to the extreme. He’s stayed here at City (I don’t know if we’ve had offers for him?) for a long time and always comes in and does a job.

But he’s no Kante and never has been.

I do however rate Mendy much more than Soumare. Mendy is busy and quick. Soumare is too slow.

Even excluding the goal it was his best ever game for us. Way more combative than he usually is - I wouldn't get carried away yet though, we've seen him put in way more mediocre performances than good.

• Like 2

Ndidi has been so unbelievably bad for so long that I'm starting to think it's far more significant than a dip in form. Properly awful, like. 

Happy to see Mendy given an extended run in the side off the back of that performance. He's the best option we have in that role at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

He stormed down the tunnel at full time and I don’t blame him -  it’s an absolute disgrace how he’s continually treated by Rodgers. He never lets us down, he’s a busy, intelligent midfielder, always on the move, this season he’s absolutely miles ahead of Soumare, much better on the ball than Ndidi and yet he continually gets dropped. 

Probably didnt want to shake hands with the twat on their side who was patting him on the head to take the piss out his height

Mendy has suffered by coming in and being compared to Kante and then getting injured early in his career with Leicester. Last season he could not get into the 25 man squad although I think he was expected to leave. This season he has always delivered when called upon and he is more than just a defensive midfielder - he is mobile, comfortable in possession and  can pass the ball forward. Against Spurs was probably MOTM. He had a good game against United put in some great tackles and was very harshly treated by the referee. Somehow he was dropped against Arsenal and as a midfield we created nothing. Another nice cameo performance tonight but surely he should have started

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He stormed down the tunnel at full time and I don’t blame him -  it’s an absolute disgrace how he’s continually treated by Rodgers. He never lets us down, he’s a busy, intelligent midfielder, always on the move, this season he’s absolutely miles ahead of Soumare, much better on the ball than Ndidi and yet he continually gets dropped. 

Absolutely this. 

His touch, his positioning, his game intelligence are excellent. Criminally under appreciated.

• Like 2