Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

2 minutes ago, TK95 said:

The gulf between him and Soumare is unreal. Yet Brendan sees the latter 

It demands an explanation tbh. On a technical level, I'd love our manager to explain the difference between the players and what they do ) don't bring to the team 

Ditto Ward v Iversen, who appear at the very least even Stevens. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Just give Papy a new contract and send Soumare back to France. Take the hit if needed.

We're stubborn bastards and don't take the hit, continuing to flog dead horses like Soumare, Amartey, Praet, Ward, Thomas and sadly Vardy at this point in his career (with another year on his contract at crazy wages) has got us in this mess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

We're stubborn bastards and don't take the hit, continuing to flog dead horses like Soumare, Amartey, Praet, Ward, Thomas and sadly Vardy at this point in his career (with another year on his contract at crazy wages) has got us in this mess.

Some of these are less egregious than others. Amartey being a cheap purchase for example. But Soumare and Praet there were offers for in the summer and should have been moved on. Praet definitely, even if he’s the better player as we all know he’s done here. 

It’s poor policy to keep poor players around. Look at the left back situation, that side looks 50x better when Kristiansen signed. Thomas meanwhile was a huge part of why we lost. 

The club needs to grow up. 

Mendy has done ok but I don't think we should be fooled to signing him up on a new deal. It's a sign of how poor everyone else has been that he is currently the best option. 

He's a tidy player but we need to improve the whole midfield. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Mendy has done ok but I don't think we should be fooled to signing him up on a new deal. It's a sign of how poor everyone else has been that he is currently the best option. 

He's a tidy player but we need to improve the whole midfield. 

We are going to be short on numbers come the summer, he seems content to always give his all despite being dropped from the squad previously, why wouldn’t you want him as a bit part player moving forward.

Obviously only getting paid as someone in that role though.

Just now, HankMarvin said:

We are going to be short on numbers come the summer, he seems content to always give his all despite being dropped from the squad previously, why wouldn’t you want him as a bit part player moving forward.

Obviously only getting paid as someone in that role though.

I guess the hope would be that Braybrooke may be able to play that role if he's fit in time. 

I would sell Soumare, release Mendy (nothing against him but think it's time to move on) and keep Ndidi for another season hoping he can return to form (hopefully under a new manager)

If you look at the 32 man squad the scale of the rebuild facing us going forward is frightening and is going to take time, even if we get every recruitment decision spot-on.

For me, definite keepers are:

Wout Faes

Timmy C

Harry Soutar

Viktor Kristiansen

Harvey Barnes

KDH

Mendy

Kelechi

A goalkeeper

Those with questions over them would be:

JJ

Ricky

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

Lewis Brunt

Sammy B

Alves

Tete

Those I’d be willing to let go would be:

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Evans

Amartey

Vestergaard

Thomas

Tielemans (contract situation)

Maddison (contract situation)

Ndidi

Soumare

Praet

Vardy

Daka

1 hour ago, Bablemikey said:

JJ

Ricky

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

Lewis Brunt

Sammy B

Alves

Tete

These all go in to the 'keep' section for me. 

Probably add Ndidi and Daka to the list too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I’d hope they do too, but Ricky & JJ have some way to go to get back to where they were before being beset by injury. I really hope they can do it.

The youth players have yet to have a chance so are unproven, hence the question mark over them.

Edited by Bablemikey

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I suspect that the club at large invested a lot in Soumare and want to develop him so we can at least get our money back on him. But he's been here almost 2 seasons now and just hasn't made the grade fast enough. As you say Mendy does everything Soumare is supposed to do, but does it well. Just give Papy a new contract and send Soumare back to France. Take the hit if needed.

It's physicality - Soumare's - that explains the perseverance with him. Mendy is decent, not special, at progressing the ball but diminutive. Ndidi is cack with the ball, but a real presence. I suspect the club thought Soumare would be an upgrade on Mendy in terms of ball progression and passing (and he arguably is) while also offering the defensive solidity and power of Ndidi (he doesn't). He's had his opportunities - won't ever suit this league.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Wouldn't have Brunt as a 'keep' if we can find a league one team who will take him off our hands. Looks nowhere near being good enough for the PL (though in 3 months' time that might no longer be an important criterion).

It's still very early days for Tete so can't say either way whether he should be a 'keep'.

1 hour ago, Bablemikey said:

If you look at the 32 man squad the scale of the rebuild facing us going forward is frightening and is going to take time, even if we get every recruitment decision spot-on.

For me, definite keepers are:

Wout Faes

Timmy C

Harry Soutar

Viktor Kristiansen

Harvey Barnes

KDH

Mendy

Kelechi

A goalkeeper

JJ

Ricky

Wanya Marcal-Madivadua

Lewis Brunt

Sammy B

Alves

Tete

Those I’d be willing to let go would be:

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Evans

Amartey

Vestergaard

Thomas

Tielemans (contract situation)

Maddison (contract situation)

Ndidi

Soumare

Praet

Vardy

Daka

Brilliant.  With you as manager we huat about have enough to enter a 7 a side league with a couple of subs.

Hold on wait... maybe 5 a side to be safe because of injuries. 

This is why fans are not managers. 

30 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Brilliant.  With you as manager we huat about have enough to enter a 7 a side league with a couple of subs.

Hold on wait... maybe 5 a side to be safe because of injuries. 

This is why fans are not managers. 

To be fair he did say willing to let go, not get rid of them all. We sell to a market, of which those would be on it.

58 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It's physicality - Soumare's - that explains the perseverance with him. Mendy is decent, not special, at progressing the ball but diminutive. Ndidi is cack with the ball, but a real presence. I suspect the club thought Soumare would be an upgrade on Mendy in terms of ball progression and passing (and he arguably is) while also offering the defensive solidity and power of Ndidi (he doesn't). He's had his opportunities - won't ever suit this league.

I agree but the nagging feeling is that he could possibly be that player we wanted him to be if he just put his mind to it. He has shown glimpses of quality in patches but most of the time he just doesn’t seem to want to put the effort in and nothing to show that he will consistently. 

• Like 1