Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Most of us thought we'd sign a CB and then be done for the window. Now I think we are likely to sign two more players, although we will probably overpay for Fofana if we get him.

Under and CB will be signed and sealed by the end of the month, if we sign a 4th player I think it will be a transfer deadline day special and will probably be quite a spicy signing. Actually someone like Perisic wouldn't surprise me because I think if we sneak a 4th one in it's quite likely to be the one signing that is against our usual mantra of promising young talent. So I could see us paying for an expensive loan deal or high wages on a 2 year contract for someone that can hit the ground running. I think the 4th signing probably relies on the domino effect of transfers though and could even be someone that isn't even available till a few hours before the window shuts.

I'm pretty much in agreement. I think we will get in Fofana (paying more than we would want) and Under reletaviely soon and then we will pull a transfer deadline day move. My shout is it will be McGregor and possibly a shock loan move for Hamza to someone else. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Most of us thought we'd sign a CB and then be done for the window. Now I think we are likely to sign two more players, although we will probably overpay for Fofana if we get him.

Under and CB will be signed and sealed by the end of the month, if we sign a 4th player I think it will be a transfer deadline day special and will probably be quite a spicy signing. Actually someone like Perisic wouldn't surprise me because I think if we sneak a 4th one in it's quite likely to be the one signing that is against our usual mantra of promising young talent. So I could see us paying for an expensive loan deal or high wages on a 2 year contract for someone that can hit the ground running. I think the 4th signing probably relies on the domino effect of transfers though and could even be someone that isn't even available till a few hours before the window shuts.

Hope you're right. Perisic would be an epic signing in my view. Bloke is absolutely top quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Gut feeling says that’s too soon as home office is backed up because of Coronavirus but I suppose it depends on when the application was made. I think we will have signed him by then but won’t have the permit. When we signed Soyuncu it was explicitly mentioned it was pending a permit and I think this will be the same. 

Yes that’s true good point

Can someone clear this up for me...

Does option to buy mean purely a fee has been agreed for us next summer...but if he didn't want to join us then he could go elsewhere if a fee was agreed with Roma? They just have to accept a certain price from us next season?

Or does it mean that if we want to buy, the fee is already agreed and the player joins us without choice?

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Does option to buy mean purely a fee has been agreed for us next summer...but if he didn't want to join us then he could go elsewhere if a fee was agreed with Roma? They just have to accept a certain price from us next season?

Or does it mean that if we want to buy, the fee is already agreed and the player joins us without choice?

Obligation to buy usually means that the player and both clubs have already agreed terms and are legally obligated to follow it through.

Option to buy is usually a set price that the buyer chooses to exercise or not.

If Under is a dud like Ghezzal then back to Roma he will go next season, if he gets 20 goals and 20 assists then we can choose to buy him for the agreed fee and wages. 

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If Leicester pays €24 M he is a permanent player

roma can’t change the price. 

3 minutes ago, happy85 said:

If Leicester pays €24 M he is a permanent player

roma can’t change the price. 

4 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Obligation to buy usually means that the player and both clubs have already agreed terms and are legally obligated to follow it through.

If Under is a dud like Ghezzal then back to Roma he will go next season, if he gets 20 goals and 20 assists then we can choose to buy him for the agreed fee and wages. 

But is it just a pre agreed fee? I.e. if he did well and we wanted him, he could still turn us down and either stay with Roma or go to another club if they matched our fee? 

Or is that it, if we want him we get him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

...but the question is if Ünder himself has any say? If is an obligation then that suggests not as the terms and contract are agreed, but if it is an option then if we go through with the permanent signing and say Man U come sniffing can he refuse as there is no obligation and go back to Roma then sign for United if a fee is agreed between them?

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

But is it just a pre agreed fee? I.e. if he did well and we wanted him, he could still turn us down and either stay with Roma or go to another club if they matched our fee? 

Yes pre agreed fee. 

yes player can turn us down then goes back to roma 

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

He has signed pre-contract with us which will be binding once the condition is fulfilled. The condition is us triggering the option to buy him

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Strange the deal changed last minute 

something picked up in the medical?

Narh it's just more non committal from us. We don't know what our financial and league situation will be next year or how he'll settle. 

I do understand it. 

End of the day, his best mate is here, if he's a first team regular and we're doing well he'll sign. 

An option to buy will have an agreed fee with the buying club and an agreed contract with the player otherwise it's worthless.

The beauty of this option rather than obligation is that we get to choose to buy him or not after a season of having him.

If only we'd done the same with Ghezzal we could have kept our money and sent him back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, thanks.

So it could work out well for us but on the flip side if he a storming season...we might not see him again.

Yes that can happen but I suspect if he having a great couple of months then he sign permanent in January 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He has signed pre-contract with us which will be binding once the condition is fulfilled. The condition is us triggering the option to buy him

Ohhhhh ok. Then it's a win win for us. 

Great season and we get him for a reasonable sum. If he doesn't impress then little has been lost. 

Thanks 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stu said:

...but the question is if Ünder himself has any say? If is an obligation then that suggests not as the terms and contract are agreed, but if it is an option then if we go through with the permanent signing and say Man U come sniffing can he refuse as there is no obligation and go back to Roma then sign for United if a fee is agreed between them?

No, Under will agree a legally bound contract that comes into force if we choose to buy, otherwise it's worthless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1