Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

Just now, Gerard said:

No, Under will agree a legally bound contract that comes into force if we choose to buy, otherwise it's worthless.

Good, in that case we can’t lose from this deal. Well done Rudders!

Just now, StanSP said:

When does the option to buy end? Is it a 12 month loan? 

Can we buy at any time during the loan period?

Yes, it will end next season probably. However, you can trigger option anytime subject to notice, usually - they differ but there is no reason Roma will not want the lump sum

39 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

So don't buy players that need a work permit because they end up on the bench? 🥴

??? - Not at all. I was simply finishing recounting the unfortunate and anti-climatical sequence of events. "Deal was announced 8 Jan, endorsed 12 Jan, fully completed 16 Jan, made his debut 17 Jan"... 

...oh.

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

He was born in Yemen that's not disputed. But all I can find is that he descends from a family in Goa (India) that are catholics and descended from Portuguese colonialists centuries ago. I think that gives him a pretty good reason for him to identify as Indian, not that anyone needs a reason to identify as anything. 

With your logic we are all African as after all if anyone traces their ancestors back far enough they'll find themselves in Africa.

This is what makes foxestalk great. **** the fact we are on the verge of signing Cengiz Under, let's get embroiled in Keith Vaz's family history. Absolutely marvellous stuff! 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

When does the option to buy end? Is it a 12 month loan? 

Can we buy at any time during the loan period?

I suppose we could, but if we are playing 3 million euros for the season long loan what’s the point of taking the full fee out of this seasons budget?

10 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Strange the deal changed last minute 

something picked up in the medical?

No it’s not strange. We’ve probably agreed a further smaller payment if we choose not to fulfil the contract. Not a penalty but basically the loan if we choose not to exercise is €6m but if we do choose to, it’s the purchase price. We pay for the privilege.  Usual occurrence. 

1 minute ago, stu said:

Good, in that case we can’t lose from this deal. Well done Rudders!

It's a great deal for us as we don't know the player we're getting.

1) Is it the player who two years a go was touted as one of the best young talents in Europe?

2) Is it the player who has suffered from injuries a lot of last season and struggled to get into the Roma side?

He still a bit of an unknown quantity and by the end of this season we might find out if he's a dud or a £100m player. We have already agreed a fee which we choose whether to exercise or not. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

He has long family connections to India and his dad worked there. But he's as Indian as, say, Shane Warne pretending to be an aborigine. His famy are colonialists..

He's surname is Vaz. He's Catholic. His Mrs is called Maria Fernandez. Brother called Pedro. He's not quite the Indian he likes to make out

I dabbled with a bit of genealogy until I found out my family came from Wolverhampton. Imagine that. The shame. 

:jawdrop:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Who knows, but the details of the deal have nothing to do with him.

Think he must have meant is Rudkin decent. Rudkin has done some fantastic business for us to be fair but yet some of our fans want him gone. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

What if he doesnt work out and we dont sign him permanently? Im worried it could damage the relationship between soyuncu and the club.

I’m worried about the opposite.

Cags will be gone next summer.

if it’s only an option to buy and not an obligation, the contract with under will be negotiated upon us taking up the option with Roma. And which point under can reject us. Because whilst we would have an option to buy with the club having to accept, the personal terms come later as they are with the player not the club. If cags is off somewhere, our chances of keeping under are slim.

Just now, dooflip said:

if it’s only an option to buy and not an obligation, the contract with under will be negotiated upon us taking up the option with Roma. And which point under can reject us. Because whilst we would have an option to buy with the club having to accept, the personal terms come later as they are with the player not the club. If cags is off somewhere, our chances of keeping under are slim.

Cags said he wanted 100 apps for us so he's here for 2 more summers.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Contract terms are agreed and signed with Under - that’s why his salary has been reported. The contract is condition and binding once we trigger the option. 

Under’s salary has been heavily reported so that, on assumption is what has occurred here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Contract terms are agreed and signed with Under - that’s why his salary has been reported. The contract is condition and binding once we trigger the option. 

Under’s salary has been heavily reported so that, on assumption is what has occurred here.

Is it not just the salary we are paying that he’s on at Roma though? Sorry for the bad wording I’m falling asleep😂

38 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Think he must have meant is Rudkin decent. Rudkin has done some fantastic business for us to be fair but yet some of our fans want him gone. 

I think perceptions have changed over the last couple of seasons or so. Rarely see someone sounding off about Rudkin any more.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Is it not just the salary we are paying that he’s on at Roma though? Sorry for the bad wording I’m falling asleep😂

No, it’s his contract with us. 

Under English law once you serve notice, you can’t pull it back, even on agreement between the parties. 

So put that in practical terms. We get to the end of the season, speak to Under’s rep, he seems like he is willing to sign, so we serve notice. In the meantime, say Man U lose out on their first choice target and contact Under, they convince him to join. Having served notice, we are now contractually bound to pay Roma the fee regardless if the player joins or not. No lawyer nor our general counsel would allow us to be that exposed. 

Fee and terms agreed with Roma.

Salary and terms agreed with Under.

Each contract ties into the other. Part of the loan fee is consideration for the option. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1