Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

9 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He was born in Yemen that's not disputed. But all I can find is that he descends from a family in Goa (India) that are catholics and descended from Portuguese colonialists centuries ago. I think that gives him a pretty good reason for him to identify as Indian, not that anyone needs a reason to identify as anything. 

With your logic we are all African as after all if anyone traces their ancestors back far enough they'll find themselves in Africa.

Could have come from outer space riding on comets eating vindaloos 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Rodriguez as spanish citizenship. Allan I have no idea about but wouldn't surprise me if he was a dual citizen as well it's properly common with South Americans playing in Europe. 

Edit- Allan is Portuguese

Fair enough, Bertrand Traore had a work permit hearing today only a few days after agreeing to join Villa so this really shouldn't take long for Ünder.

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

However, La Stampa and Calciomercato.it warn the transfer is no longer as clear-cut as previously thought. 

As per Calciomercato.it, problems have arisen over obtaining a work permit for the Turkey winger.

Although the 23-year-old is an established international for his country, injuries have limited him to just four caps since November 2018.

As Turkey are not an EU member and are 32nd in the latest FIFA World Ranking, Cengiz would have had to play in at least 75 percent of their international fixtures to be ordinarily considered for a British work permit.

It may be that Leicester must prove the forward would have met the criteria were it not for his injuries.

----

Personally I wouldn't be too worried, but this will just delay the verdict.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Surely we/Roma and any other representatives were well aware of the WP rulings and the caps he doesn't have enough of?

Club must be confident that they can persuade for the deal to still go through otherwise it wouldn't have got to this stage surely?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Fair enough, Bertrand Traore had a work permit hearing today only a few days after agreeing to join Villa so this really shouldn't take long for Ünder.

Yeah, those things are normally quick. I'm sure there won't be issues with work permits at his level.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Surely we/Roma and any other representatives were well aware of the WP rulings and the caps he doesn't have enough of?

Club must be confident that they can persuade for the deal to still go through otherwise it wouldn't have got to this stage surely?

He's considered the brightest talent in Turkey, is their second highest goal scorer in their current squad and we already have a Turkish international in our team. We are also signing him from a big team in a big league.

Technically it could be rejected, but it's very unlikely.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

He's considered the brightest talent in Turkey, is their second highest goal scorer in their current squad and we already have a Turkish international in our team. We are also signing him from a big team in a big league.

Technically it could be rejected, but it's very unlikely.

Would have an appeal hearing at it would go through anyway.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

You'd like to think we would have known about this before making the move. It shouldn't be unexpected.

It’s a story about nothing…. You’re not going to move for a multi £m player without doing some form of due diligence…

Just now, The_77 said:

We had a transfer get delayed for months because of a fax. 😂

This is very true…. Sharon in admin needs to carry the can for that one!  That quick ciggy break before sending off Mr Rudkin’s fax got her boss into a right pickle…

• Haha 1

Calm down, if he doesn't meet the arbitrary standard criteria of X% caps in the last Y period we'll just have to appeal. 

He's a star International for his country, we're signing him for 25m, he's going to be paid a significant amount in wages, he's signing from one of the strongest leagues in the world. 

There's no chance at all he'll be denied a work permit, something we'll have known in advance. 

Just chill and wait. 

2 hours ago, brookfox said:

I demand you immediately issue an open letter of apology for the use of this term!

I know you’re not going to believe me but I absolutely did that on purpose because I felt that was my audience lol 

• Haha 1

The club are not stupid. They wouldn't have even spoke about signing the player if they weren't convinced he'd get a work permit, which he obviously will.

As others have quite rightly said, at worst any work permit decision goes to a Kramaric-style appeal and it will undoubtedly go through due to the player's quality; size of transfer fee; his previous international experience, level of club etc.

More likely, the club (and Roma) just have to show the FA his injury records over the past 12 months to show he's been ineligible for lots of games, in which case it is waved through much more quickly.

Kramaric deal was announced 8 Jan, endorsed 12 Jan, fully completed 16 Jan, made his debut 17 Jan. No problem here, will be done by the end of next week at the latest.

• Like 1