Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny280995

Cengiz Ünder

6 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

The club are not stupid. They wouldn't have even spoke about signing the player if they weren't convinced he'd get a work permit, which he obviously will.

As others have quite rightly said, at worst any work permit decision goes to a Kramaric-style appeal and it will undoubtedly go through due to the player's quality; size of transfer fee; his previous international experience, level of club etc.

More likely, the club (and Roma) just have to show the FA his injury records over the past 12 months to show he's been ineligible for lots of games, in which case it is waved through much more quickly.

Kramaric deal was announced 8 Jan, endorsed 12 Jan, fully completed 16 Jan, made his debut 17 Jan. No problem here, will be done by the end of next week at the latest.

Agreed. He was injured for a fair few of the games Turkey played from Nov 2018 to Nov 2019. He wasn't called up in the most recent 2 games though.

8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Kramaric deal was announced 8 Jan, endorsed 12 Jan, fully completed 16 Jan, made his debut 17 Jan. No problem here, will be done by the end of next week at the latest.

And was subsequently pretty much left to rot on the bench for the remainder of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure if that helps or hinders, either way it shouldn't really be a problem. Can't ever think of a player of Ünder's stature in the game that has failed to get a work permit in recent years.

It's not a problem in the slightest. He's 100% certain to get a permit. 

Good deal for the club that they don't have to pay if he turns out shit, particularly in the current climate. If he's good for us then we're in business anyway for £22m (if he's good enough that anyone else better wants him then we've had a bloody good season).

Frees up even more money for the CB chase and beyond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The fact that there is no obligation to buy could be why the work permit issue has cropped up. The size of the fee is worth a few points in the home office system ...... now there is no obligation to buy, the fee is potentially just the loan fee of €3m. Nothing else is guaranteed. so we may have won a battle but made the war a little tougher  - i suspect we will get this through but there are no certainties when it comes to the football authorities ! 

11 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Good deal for the club that they don't have to pay if he turns out shit, particularly in the current climate. If he's good for us then we're in business anyway for £22m (if he's good enough that anyone else better wants him then we've had a bloody good season).

Frees up even more money for the CB chase and beyond.

Most of us thought we'd sign a CB and then be done for the window. Now I think we are likely to sign two more players, although we will probably overpay for Fofana if we get him.

Under and CB will be signed and sealed by the end of the month, if we sign a 4th player I think it will be a transfer deadline day special and will probably be quite a spicy signing. Actually someone like Perisic wouldn't surprise me because I think if we sneak a 4th one in it's quite likely to be the one signing that is against our usual mantra of promising young talent. So I could see us paying for an expensive loan deal or high wages on a 2 year contract for someone that can hit the ground running. I think the 4th signing probably relies on the domino effect of transfers though and could even be someone that isn't even available till a few hours before the window shuts.