Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very good analysis on MOTD2 today, Dion Dublin has been reading my Tactics thread! :ph34r:

Showcased some great examples of JJ and Albrighton working together to shut down the counter attacking threat of Heung-Min Son, which was key to winning the game. 

Then again, has anyone seen Dion and Strider in the same room together? :thumbup:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Yep too predictable 

Too predictable and too basic. I don't need Redknapp (or numerous others) to tell me a run was good or something general. I want them to explain why a team has set up or using a specific style, just like Dublin on JJ and Albrighton. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Too predictable and too basic. I don't need Redknapp (or numerous others) to tell me a run was good or something general. I want them to explain why a team has set up or using a specific style, just like Dublin on JJ and Albrighton. 

Just taking the easy route along with picking out big name players who managed to  put two passes together  as if it’s an incredible talent . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Yeah ok, I'll go with the punditry - but who edited the highlights? Mourinho?

I must have watched a different game, especially the first 2 minutes. Sorry I mean 45.

Yeah this is a huge issue with MOTD and all the highlights shows, they don't represent what happened in the game at all.

This match was a very good one to watch again, and not just because we won. First half was light on attempts at goal, yet I still felt was high quality (from our standpoint at least) and very tactical. Mourinho has done wonders with that Spurs defence, he really has drilled them very well and you can see why they will keep a lot of clean sheets. Leicester balanced an attacking intent (we pressed way more often than many times this season) but respected massively the counter attack, Rodger said after the game he learned the hard way about how good Spurs were at that when we got pummelled last season 3-0. I think we deserve massive credit for playing an attractive style that asked questions but also keeping one eye on the break. 

I do think that had we not got the penalty it might well have been a 0-0 as the game was tight. Perhaps we would have gone for it at the end with Under, Praet, Nacho, etc or more likely just taken what would still be a good point. 

One thing they missed on MOTD2 though was that literally on going 2-0 up (59 minutes), Brendan immediately brought on Amartey for Castagne and switch to 343. Castagne probably would have come off anyway, but the point was that instead of playing 4 at the back, we now had 3 aerially dominant centre backs on at all times. Son did have a great chance saved by Schmeichel, but that was off a corner, and in open play Spurs did nothing.

Whilst our team can be incredibly frustrating to watch at times, if you compare us to Wolves and Spurs who are also great at counter attacking, we are by far the best team in open play of the the 3. We have given away stupid points, but we genuinely have a few different ways to play and subs and formation can heavily change the outcome. Given how crazy the world is at the moment, that is very impressive.

I wonder if we will sign anyone in January? With players returning we probably don't need to, but one more good signing on the level of Castagne / Fofana / Under might be the difference between top 7 and top 4 such is the competitiveness of the league this season. 

Edited by StriderHiryu