Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Totally against the spirit of the rule.

I've said for years, offside should be measured from feet position. Two players could be absolutely level, but moving in opposite directions, so would be slightly leaning in opposite directions, putting a player offside with no real advantage gained.

Pathetic little jobsworths. Absolutely anti football. (I've only just seen it, but it really wasn't what the VAR evangelists were talking about when it came in)

if he is offside then the var has to call offside, as the rules stand they are  correct.

They cannot make allowances for tight decisions.

That  the offside rule is not determined by the position of a players feet is beyond stupid. It is a no brainer.

Edited by nnickn
  • Like 1

There’s a simple way to solve it.
1 - You only measure by where the feet is.

2- you have a certain amount of ‘leeway’ that’s locked into the computer. My opinion would be 5cm.

3 - The computer can tell how much ahead of the defender the attacker Is(based on their feet position when the balls played).

If it’s 5.1cm+ it’s offside. If it’s in the ‘leeway’ it counts.

It’ll not only give consistency, it would eradicate stupid offsides like this bamford one and it would also give benefit to attackers , more goals and more excitement.

If the ‘leeway’ becomes too much you could reduce it to 3cm or 2cm etc until you get a nice margin where you get rewarded for being level but fairly off of there’s daylight.

There needs to be a set little range that favours attackers when ‘level’ to be a ‘fact’ decision rather than subjective.

This would be a way that everyone would love seeing more goals. I heard this penalty rule where every handball or soft Salah like dive is a ‘good thing’ because it gives more goals!

Giving more boring goals from 12 yards isn’t entertaining But more goals from great cutting edge passes and open play finishes would be great, and it’s utterly ruining the game seeing less goals through these stupid offside calls!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

There’s a simple way to solve it.
1 - You only measure by where the feet is.

2- you have a certain amount of ‘leeway’ that’s locked into the computer. My opinion would be 5cm.

3 - The computer can tell how much ahead of the defender the attacker Is(based on their feet position when the balls played).

If it’s 5.1cm+ it’s offside. If it’s in the ‘leeway’ it counts.

It’ll not only give consistency, it would eradicate stupid offsides like this bamford one and it would also give benefit to attackers , more goals and more excitement.

If the ‘leeway’ becomes too much you could reduce it to 3cm or 2cm etc until you get a nice margin where you get rewarded for being level but fairly off of there’s daylight.

There needs to be a set little range that favours attackers when ‘level’ to be a ‘fact’ decision rather than subjective.

This would be a way that everyone would love seeing more goals. I heard this penalty rule where every handball or soft Salah like dive is a ‘good thing’ because it gives more goals!

Giving more boring goals from 12 yards isn’t entertaining But more goals from great cutting edge passes and open play finishes would be great, and it’s utterly ruining the game seeing less goals through these stupid offside calls!

I’m sure you could input that into the players gps monitors that they have strapped on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jenas thinking Højbjerg is playing for So'ton :rolleyes:

Gaffes like this should not be accepted really. It's an easy enough job being a pundit, the least you can ask is that they have their facts straight.

Edited by shen
  • Like 1