Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

Coverage and pundits comments on our game was OKish.....I really enjoyed MOTD on Sat night for the Wolves Villa game...Gary and Ian Wright having a good go at Mike Deans refereeing and sarcastically congratulating him on reaching the milestone of 3000 yellow cards he has now brandished in Premier League and the authorities way he shows the yellow....Joke of a referee ..Thought our ref yesterday let a few challenges go thereby enabling it to be a good open flowing game 

• Like 1

Evra is alright, not the most erudite but one of the more honest pundits. I’d rather listen to what he has to say on Man United than any of their other ex players because he’s not Solskjaer’s mate so actually criticises him.

22 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I laughed when Jenas sarcastically joked about Maddison lacking confidence! lol

Of course that confidence is what makes him the player he is, as he also noted.

Jenas is a pillock!! What did he do as player? These ex-players turned so-called expert pundits haven't a clue, many ill-educated and talk utter rot.

I find rating analysis on MOTD completely a waste of time because there is no way those pundits identify the ‘issues’. It’s all done for them. 

Real analysis comes within the real game time commentary - was surprised it took the punditry at Amazon until half time to spot our formation change for example 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Evra is alright, not the most erudite but one of the more honest pundits. I’d rather listen to what he has to say on Man United than any of their other ex players because he’s not Solskjaer’s mate so actually criticises him.

He can tell us more about Zaha as well ....

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

They just seem to act like old men yelling at clouds. Players hugging and chatting after a match is the new bad thing in football.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I find rating analysis on MOTD completely a waste of time because there is no way those pundits identify the ‘issues’. It’s all done for them. 

Real analysis comes within the real game time commentary - was surprised it took the punditry at Amazon until half time to spot our formation change for example 

And they still didn’t notice we had gone to a back 4 !!  Just thought we changed the wing backs around !!

1 minute ago, Corky said:

They just seem to act like old men yelling at clouds. Players hugging and chatting after a match is the new bad thing in football.

Every match United lose or play badly in there’s a compete absence of criticism about the coaching or tactics. It’s always a lack of effort, a lack of quality, a lack of spending, a lack of transfers or refereeing decisions curiously enough. Solskjaer just isn’t a good manager but it’s a taboo subject and it’s never even braced by presenters. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Every match United lose or play badly in there’s a compete absence of criticism about the coaching or tactics. It’s always a lack of effort, a lack of quality, a lack of spending, a lack of transfers or refereeing decisions curiously enough. Solskjaer just isn’t a good manager but it’s a taboo subject and it’s never even braced by presenters. 

Weird trend isn't it? I rarely see Ole called out for his poor tactical sense, minus not subbing Fred off, as you said it's always players fault. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Weird trend isn't it? I rarely see Ole called out for his poor tactical sense, minus not subbing Fred off, as you said it's always players fault. 

I think I’ve posted similar before but plenty of ex players turned pundits, especially those who played for the big six, have cushty ambassadorial gigs so they’re never going to be particularly outspoken because they’ll get booted off the gravy train. 

There’s absolutely no accountability or appraisal for pundits, Carragher spat at kid and faced no serious consequences. So being a big standard fúcking moron isn’t going to put you in danger of getting a punditry role. It’s not much of a meritocracy, there are unglamorous names who are good pundits (Higginbotham, David Connolly and even Pat Nevin!) but there’s seemingly zero demand from broadcasters to promote articulate and insightful types.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think I’ve posted similar before but plenty of ex players turned pundits, especially those who played for the big six, have cushty ambassadorial gigs so they’re never going to be particularly outspoken because they’ll get booted off the gravy train. 

There’s absolutely no accountability or appraisal for pundits, Carragher spat at kid and faced no serious consequences. So being a big standard fúcking moron isn’t going to put you in danger of getting a punditry role. It’s not much of a meritocracy, there are unglamorous names who are good pundits (Higginbotham, David Connolly and even Pat Nevin!) but there’s seemingly zero demand from broadcasters to promote articulate and insightful types.

Got to be the profile thing. Keane, Neville, Carragher all big names so their stuff can be clipped below "ROY KEANE IN AMAZING RANT AGAINST EVERYONE" as he moans about hugs, gloves, players smiling, throwing players off the team bus for conceding a soft goal etc. David Connolly articulating good points isn't going to sell, unfortunately.

No surprise the highly rated pundits here are the lads on BT with the Goals Show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Got to be the profile thing. Keane, Neville, Carragher all big names so their stuff can be clipped below "ROY KEANE IN AMAZING RANT AGAINST EVERYONE" as he moans about hugs, gloves, players smiling, throwing players off the team bus for conceding a soft goal etc. David Connolly articulating good points isn't going to sell, unfortunately.

No surprise the highly rated pundits here are the lads on BT with the Goals Show.

Summed up my thoughts pretty well here. Sky have gone fully for the big name clips of segments to smash across their socials, rather than insightful input for those who watch. Neville has some interesting points, but the rest are pretty awful.

The Carragher spitting incident remains disgusting, how do you spit at a child in public and continue being given the opportunities he does?

Liam Rosenior added some great analysis, as do people like Rob Green on 5 Live. Sad to see BT pushing along the big names with Joe Cole and McManaman who offer little genuine insight.

I like all ex-Player pundits, Bias or Non bias, . I Dont Need just articulate  types, avg- educated,well educated.

Football is  Not for the prawn-sandwich-brigade who cant Enjoy nor appreciate or respect the delicacies,or the pie & gravy churned out..

These Player Now pundits, have seen ,experienced & tasted the profi-football, everyone Brings a different perspective und gives us those

Mixed raw views...We Dont have to agree, but respect they are giving us a perspective seen und built upon/from their experienced View point..

Those View points I prefer to hear,than some upstart fans playing pundits,who having never tasted the Profi-Changing room,or the Wrath or Hug from

several Managers & teammates,Nor from a baying or exstatic crowd...

Its what they say between the lines, the banter, the wink ,the insight....

Some I Feel like shooting,but they at least give us their Open thoughts...Bloody wonderfull..!!  Its from within,its from the grapevine...

They are in their world, just as crazy,ill-mannered, competent,interesting,boring, incompetent cynical,bullshitters,ramblers,clever,articulate, clever

As we terrace-stampers...I Welcome all-sorts..!!

Some Need to get off their high horses..Its a Sport for all and punditry on an Open platform.....

Try having a discussion, or even a Football debate or just listen in 3-4 languages,

One realises then , that everyone belongs on the platform....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 14/12/2020 at 05:06, UniFox21 said:

Alex Scott gives absolutely brilliant analysis. Even against her club Arsenal, she's praised Burnley but also slated Arsenal. Shame we see more of Evra and Jamie Redknapp than her

I'll hold my hands up and say I rolled my eyes when they announced her for the panel. Figured it was a case of the BBC doing its usual of filling quotas and the like. I'm willing to give them that one - I was wrong.

She talks more sense than the rest of them put together and I hope she sticks around for a long time. I do take a different view on Evra to yourself though for purely entertainment reasons - his sulks and meltdowns are hilarious.

Edited by OntarioFox

The McManaman / Fletcher dynamic on BT is absolutely painful and it seems to be their flagship.

Fletcher has gotten too "bloke in the boozer" and seemingly thinks everyone wants to hear his insight and opinion when he's being paid to describe the action. So often he'll make a statement or ask a question, McManaman will immediately give a "yes/no" answer before about ten seconds of silence whilst cogs turn in his head before he elaborates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’m sure this will be about how poor Spurs were tonight and not how good we were 

Mourinho reckoned they controlled the game and we only scored from a penalty and an own goal and Kasper made a great save. The better team lost.