Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

20 minutes ago, shailen said:

Lineker has to be the best presenter by far. His FA cup swipes at Alan Shearer, his quick wit and how he brings everyone together. The fact that he presented MOTD in his pants and actually went through with it when we won the title, is that sort of banter that you need. 

Des Lynam was the king of banter.

I remember France '98 when we played Tunisia in a mid afternoon group game and his opening line was "Shouldn't you lot be at work?" :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

I know we get use to bias from Gary but i believe Jenas has a genuine hatred of Leicester and way we tried to put Harvey Barnes in the transfer window was the last straw for me. i just fast forward when he speaks on MOTD as i don't believe he can offer any genuine insight at all.

It's true he doesn't like us that much. I remember in 15/16 when we were going for the title, and the media were falling over themselves to jump on our bandwagon - his was pretty much the only dissenting voice: 'I'm from Nottingham. I don't want to see Leicester win the league!'

Personally I found that refreshing. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol 

Maybe he just wanted to show off his new tattoo to his instagram followers? 

If that provokes you then i'm sorry but you are a child.

Hahaha. 

I dunno man. Setting yourself up as a positive role model and having a tattoo that could be seen as promoting gun culture is a bit short sighted in my eyes. 

It's never really been about that though! It's his reaction to criticism. He would've known that would provoke people and he acts like, in his position, he ought to be above any form of scrutiny. That's the reason I dislike the chap.

I think his tattoo is odd, morbid, but inoffensive. I do, however, understand why some folk might think a professional footballer who is held up as totem of success to deprived children in the capital ought not promote anything to do with guns - it is a problem in the areas he grew up in. He should understand that too rather than act as though he's a wronged party. 

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Hahaha. 

I dunno man. Setting yourself up as a positive role model and having a tattoo that could be seen as promoting gun culture is a bit short sighted in my eyes. 

It's never really been about that though! It's his reaction to criticism. He would've known that would provoke people and he acts like, in his position, he ought to be above any form of scrutiny. That's the reason I dislike the chap.

I think his tattoo is odd, morbid, but inoffensive. I do, however, understand why some folk might think a professional footballer who is held up as totem of success to deprived children in the capital ought not promote anything to do with guns - it is a problem in the areas he grew up in. He should understand that too rather than act as though he's a wronged party. 

If you'd looked into the meaning of his tattoo I think you'd change your mind.

It literally does the complete opposite of promoting gun culture.

I think it's fair to say he is a "wronged party" considering his dad was killed by a gun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If you'd looked into the meaning of his tattoo I think you'd change your mind.

It literally does the complete opposite of promoting gun culture.

I think it's fair to say he is a "wronged party" considering his dad was killed by a gun.

Oh I'm aware. 

I don't exactly buy that excuse, if I'm honest, but assuming he's being genuine it seems utterly daft to me to memorialise your father's murder weapon. And certainly open to misinterpretation on a wide scale. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Oh I'm aware. 

I don't exactly buy that excuse, if I'm honest, but assuming he's being genuine it seems utterly daft to me to memorialise your father's murder weapon. And certainly open to misinterpretation on a wide scale. 

What do you mean "excuse"?

Why should he need one? It's his body, his choice.

Sounds like you've just got a problem with him and are looking for more reasons to fuel your bizarre hatred.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Oh I'm aware. 

'excuse' 

Wtf. 

What do you want him to say? 'I'm a black man and I promote gun culture with a tattoo of a weapon that has been used in a murder. This is a clear message for you to all go out and use guns'. Would that appease you and make you feel better? 

What excuse would suit you? His reasoning is that he will never use a gun and hope that others won't either because he's seen the damage it can cause to a family (his own father dying ffs). But in your mind he is promoting gun culture? 

Do you see your own logic here? 

There arent many pundits i can stand, Jenas, Shearer, Murphy, Keown. Many i find just try to be controversial for the sake of having something to say and the bites

Also not a huge fan of the Lineker/Shearer/Wright boys club banter

Thought Darren Fletcher was really insightful the other week

As someone said, unfortunately i think Jenas is being groomed for Linekers job, fits the BBC strategy which is a shame as i think Chappers is the right man for it. Failing that i wouldn't mind Manish just for a little bit more Leicester bias 

11 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

There arent many pundits i can stand, Jenas, Shearer, Murphy, Keown. Many i find just try to be controversial for the sake of having something to say and the bites

Also not a huge fan of the Lineker/Shearer/Wright boys club banter

Thought Darren Fletcher was really insightful the other week

As someone said, unfortunately i think Jenas is being groomed for Linekers job, fits the BBC strategy which is a shame as i think Chappers is the right man for it. Failing that i wouldn't mind Manish just for a little bit more Leicester bias 

Avid Marion would be better than most of those clueless cnuts. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

For the love of God will someone please tell Lineker to stop slapping his thighs. Really annoying me now.

In 1982 Lineker's thighs were the main subject for discussion by the people sat around me at football matches. Please don't bring back those memories. Too late.

The outcry at the end, and the headline in tomorrow's paper over Aguero putting his hand on Sian Massey-Ellis' shoulder is ridiculous. I've seen player put a friendly hand on the refs shoulder in the past, its nothing. It wasn't violent and assuming it was patronising because its a woman its patronising in itself.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, twister said:

Match of the day jumping on the aguero thing

no same energy when it happens every single game between male refs and players

It doesn't though, does it? Name me another example of a player putting his hands on an official this season.... 

Po

39 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It doesn't though, does it? Name me another example of a player putting his hands on an official this season.... 

Pogba touched anthony taylors head, rubbed it infact, aguero himself has touched previous refs with his hands.

not saying its right but none of this kicked off over that, if we want equality then we have to treat all these the same.

• Like 3

I was watching a women's game the other day when the male referee was patted on the head by one of the players and then they all lined up and chased him round the pitch. Nobody complained!

Edit: oops, sorry! Turns out I was watching Benny Hill, my bad.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Liked the commentator in the Newcastle Man Utd match early in 2nd half when he said it’s a good watch this but not sure it’s worth £15 🤗

He dropped two comments in I think. Sly little dig!