Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the tendency is to play inverted wingers!!!

When on the right if he had to go down the line, he will have to check back to cross or a cut back, Albrighton style. He is proficient on his right but that is not how Rodgers is looking to utilise him.

The apparent need to shoot in situations unaware of the support around him is a blot on his football intelligence but he tries to make things happen and he has an open mind on the pitch and it is what we need.

When last night? Only time I recall him trying to make something happen was when he actually ran at his man, beat him, but at the end should have pulled the ball back instead of shooting.

As I said, I'm not against inverted wingers but for it to consistently come off they've got to be good inverted wingers. Mahrez used to come inside a lot but he could also go down the line and beat players.

What Rodgers had to say about Under after the game according to the Mercury. Second time this week that Rodgers has highlighted concerns around work rate/tracking back. 

"In the first half he gave the ball away too cheaply and needed to work harder, so we enforced that at half-time.

“In the second half he played, after the first 10 or 15 minutes, we moved him up front to play alongside Kelechi so that took a little more responsibility away from him in terms of tracking and running, so he could be freer.

“He gave everything in the game, he was bright, his improvisation at the end along with Youri led to the winning goal."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-easy-cengiz-under-leicester-4991947?fbclid=IwAR04v-GpXv2Pd0DPe3n4kJcK8a5tAPWyhSpJRV39tP0250Ofr8hcgrVFH2M

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

What Rodgers had to say about Under after the game according to the Mercury. Second time this week that Rodgers has highlighted concerns around work rate/tracking back. 

"In the first half he gave the ball away too cheaply and needed to work harder, so we enforced that at half-time.

“In the second half he played, after the first 10 or 15 minutes, we moved him up front to play alongside Kelechi so that took a little more responsibility away from him in terms of tracking and running, so he could be freer.

“He gave everything in the game, he was bright, his improvisation at the end along with Youri led to the winning goal."

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-easy-cengiz-under-leicester-4991947?fbclid=IwAR04v-GpXv2Pd0DPe3n4kJcK8a5tAPWyhSpJRV39tP0250Ofr8hcgrVFH2M

...just as I had suggested....we can strike a balance down the right!!!

To be fair, Mahrez barely tracked back but Simpson rarely ventured forward... this team wants its full backs / wing backs attacking so everyone needs to work hard. 
Mahrez did also provide a lot of magic... Under has been a bit underwhelming at times but not every player settles quickly.
Can’t see us making this permanent in the summer at the minute. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just as I had suggested....we can strike a balance down the right!!!

That's in a back 3 with Under moved up front, which is more difficult to achieve in a 4-1-4-1 where the wide player has more defensive responsibility with attacking wing backs. Hopefully it's an area Cengez can improve on as I like what he can potentially offer going forward. While he likes to cut in he's shown on several occasions he's capable of beating a man on the outside.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

To be fair, Mahrez barely tracked back but Simpson rarely ventured forward... this team wants its full backs / wing backs attacking so everyone needs to work hard. 
Mahrez did also provide a lot of magic... Under has been a bit underwhelming at times but not every player settles quickly.
Can’t see us making this permanent in the summer at the minute. 

Sorry, not meaning to dig you out....but imo Mahrez mist definitely used to track back. 

It's a myth that he didn't do so. I'd imagine some stats geek could prob prove or disprove this with the miles he put in. 

What he didn't do, ever, is put his foot in. But he wasn't expected to. But I always felt he tracked back and filled space, leaving Simpson only one problem to think about

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

That's in a back 3 with Under moved up front, which is more difficult to achieve in a 4-1-4-1 where the wide player has more defensive responsibility with attacking wing backs. Hopefully it's an area Cengez can improve on as I like what he can potentially offer going forward. While he likes to cut in he's shown on several occasions he's capable of beating a man on the outside.

....I  understand that this was a style which is not the norm for us!!!

But the 4-1-4-1 format can have a balance with Ünder and Ricardo on the right.

Against Wing Backs the most vulnerable position would be between the Centre Back and the Wing Back. If we have Ünder sitting high up then it would deter their Wing Back committing to go forward too often. 

The argument is we are diluting Ricardo contributions but both players are intelligent enough to know when to push on or Ricardo holding his position. 

• Like 1

Guest Underfan

Maybe that he is a loanie and feels under presdure to prove himself ASAP or maybe tactics that he is yet to accustomed to  he seemed to act as a Cengiz imposter against Brighton untill Maddison's cameo. Maybe he is not accustomed to play so deep or maybe whatsoever but he will do far better. 

28 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Maybe that he is a loanie and feels under presdure to prove himself ASAP or maybe tactics that he is yet to accustomed to  he seemed to act as a Cengiz imposter against Brighton untill Maddison's cameo. Maybe he is not accustomed to play so deep or maybe whatsoever but he will do far better. 

As has been pointed out before, if Rodgers is saying he isn't happy with elements of his game, which seem to be the work rate and the greedy element (shooting from everywhere etc) I'm sure Rodgers is telling him what he wants him to do, so if he's not doing it, then he won't impress him and he only has himself to blame for not playing. The language barrier isn't an excuse either, his best mate is here to relay it to him

Mr Geoff Peters, sports commentator, pundit, and FT contributor ...

”Flannel is playing with such a swagger now ..  and breathtaking nonchalance ! ... yet another 6 ! ...  STILL at the crease, and ..  as we speak he’s now only holding the bat with one hand and using the other to tuck into a tasty looking BLT sandwich ...   the man is a legend !!” ...   :)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Mr Geoff Peters, sports commentator, pundit, and FT contributor ...

”Flannel is playing with such a swagger now ..  and breathtaking nonchalance ! ... yet another 6 ! ...  STILL at the crease, and ..  as we speak he’s now only holding the bat with one hand and using the other to tuck into a tasty looking BLT sandwich ...   the man is a legend !!” ...   :)

Love a good BLT

On 11/02/2021 at 13:28, Paninistickers said:

Sorry, not meaning to dig you out....but imo Mahrez mist definitely used to track back. 

It's a myth that he didn't do so. I'd imagine some stats geek could prob prove or disprove this with the miles he put in. 

What he didn't do, ever, is put his foot in. But he wasn't expected to. But I always felt he tracked back and filled space, leaving Simpson only one problem to think about

All I saw was him canter back into position. Seen him work a lot harder at Man City to get back into shape. Can only say what I saw most of the time. 

Guest Underfan
On 11/02/2021 at 14:25, Dahnsouff said:

Quite, for 25m you aren't expecting to buy a player like Mahrez, someone to build up. (Now my backing of Perez condition has finally cleared up, that money feels just as painful as a potential 25m on Under.)

What is your valuation on Cengiz moneywise ? How much does he worth? I think you are speaking baseless without any background information and statistics. If Leicester had put a 24 million Euro option that is for sure your bargaining power. 

9 minutes ago, Underfan said:

What is your valuation on Cengiz moneywise ? How much does he worth? I think you are speaking baseless without any background information and statistics. If Leicester had put a 24 million Euro option that is for sure your bargaining power. 

Packet of crisps and  Mars bar.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underfan said:

No idea in terms of monetarily, but his value to the team needs to be sufficiently high to convince the mgmt to make it happen. So far, no dice clearly.

2 hours ago, Underfan said:

He’d really stand out at Coventry!

2 hours ago, Underfan said:

Honestly, from what I've seen so far, and in the current economic climate, I'd say he's worth about 12m or so. 22m is too steep.

51 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Salt and Vinegar Chip Sticks.

42 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He’d really stand out at Coventry!

Jesus christ! He's only just started to settle down, why are you trying to rile up our angry, Turkish friend!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Jesus christ! He's only just started to settle down, why are you trying to rile up our angry, Turkish friend!

He's been here over 6 months hanging around with his best mate, he's had more than most players would get to settle in, and yet the manager still doesn't trust him until he's the very last option available. Plus all the Turkish fans are interested in are Under and Under playing, even though they finally had to admit he might not be the right player for us after Brighton, they have no interest in the club. Not trying to rile them up, if they don't like what I'm saying about Under they can stop coming on here. 

• Like 2