Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I like him, there is potential there that we could get out of him but the problem that he has is BR doesn't seem to agree. So, any minutes he gets, especially a whole game, he needs to stand up and make it count, make Rodgers change his mind and he didn't do that tonight. 

I think this is exactly the reason he is being greedy at times with his long rage efforts. Putting himself under pressure to create and make the difference because of the lack of game time.. I think if he cuts that out of his game a little bit he will impress Rodgers much more. 

Defensive work isn't far off from Perez at all , maybe even better as he was tracking back quite a lot today etc, he creates more danger  , just gotta work on his decision making and shot selection

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

I think this is exactly the reason he is being greedy at times with his long rage efforts. Putting himself under pressure to create and make the difference because of the lack of game time.. I think if he cuts that out of his game a little bit he will impress Rodgers much more. 

Defensive work isn't far off from Perez at all , maybe even better as he was tracking back quite a lot today etc, he creates more danger  , just gotta work on his decision making and shot selection

Absolutely agree. He was trying too hard, he needs to relax and play his game. Obv its easy to say that when you're not trying to win a multi million pound move to one of the best leagues in the world....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

But that's is equally why Rodgers isn't playing him so much. He'll tell what he wants, he'll tell don't be greedy, don't shoot from stupid positions where you have no chance of scoring, do that all I'll be impressed. So he goes out, make bad decisions, shoots from anywhere, is overly greedy. So of course Rodgers won't play him if he tells him one thing and he does another. He's out there for Cengiz Under, and that not what he's been told to do. Theres no pressure on him to produce the spectacular he keeps trying, the pressure is on him to do what he's told. Right now he's failing at both anyway.

Does some unbelievable bits of skill and in time could be a really good player but just seems like a wildcard and doesnt really fit with the team ethos. Needs to sort his decision making and stop being a greedy ****er shooting from 40 yards out. Be amazed if we pay the 25 million to keep him at the end of the season when he clearly isnt trusted in big games.

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Does some unbelievable bits of skill and in time could be a really good player but just seems like a wildcard and doesnt really fit with the team ethos. Needs to sort his decision making and stop being a greedy ****er shooting from 40 yards out. Be amazed if we pay the 25 million to keep him at the end of the season when he clearly isnt trusted in big games.

He only did that twice I believe. Youri did it twice also, is he also a greedy ****er? 

He runs at the opposition and puts pressure and panic on their defenders Barnes is the only other winger we have that does that.

For that reason he needs to have a real go at the 1st team if he got a proper chance here I don't think he would shoot that often but he seems like he's trying to hard to earn a place here which isn't fair on him when he is clearly the 2nd best winger at the club

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Wow some people are harsh. Do a Pèrez and do nothing - get slated 

Do an Under and try to make things happen. - get slated. Yes he make a couple of bad decisions but so does Barnes, Vardy, Maddison etc etc 

I was harsh, to be fair. But he’s disappointed every time I’ve seen him play. His first touch in the first half was dreadful & didn’t improve much; his decision making is awful and selfish. 
He tries to make things happen yes, but I don’t see a PL player there, sorry 

Just now, Steve Earle said:

I was harsh, to be fair. But he’s disappointed every time I’ve seen him play. His first touch in the first half was dreadful & didn’t improve much; his decision making is awful and selfish. 
He tries to make things happen yes, but I don’t see a PL player there, sorry 

But you stick up for Perez?? Your watching a completely different game to me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As I said in the match thread, I see a lot of similarities to Knockaert, both similar in stature, both similar in the way they play.

Just like Knockaert did, Under shows glimpses of brilliance throughout matches; however he also makes many mistakes and you quickly realise that he’s pretty average.

Runs into traffic, gives balls away cheaply and makes poor decisions, that’s not me being harsh, tonight and in other games he’s done all those three things.

Knockaert had no pace 

• Like 1

Its incredibly hard to judge the impact Under can have given he hasn't been given a consistent run in the side. Only need to look at someone like Albrighton who needs that run of games to get into a rhythm. It's clear he can see a pass and has decent pace, but his first touch, protection of the ball and decision making can let him down. 

I think it's a moot point anyway. Given the noises Rodgers has been making about his defensive work rate, and the fact his Premier League minutes have reduced to zero then i can't see how we'll be willing to part with £25m.

Edited by martyn