Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

5 minutes ago, frany104 said:

But you stick up for Perez?? Your watching a completely different game to me.

I do - he has great feet and is a team player. He’s horribly lightweight and frustrating I agree. But at Stoke, for example, he was quality in the false 9 role throughout. Under is only ever quality in flashes.

All about opinions @frany104!

People comparing him to Gray are being unfair. Gray rarely ran at players and often disappeared completely in games. Under tries to make things happen, and clearly right now it's not paying off as often as we'd all like. 

As another posted alluded to, the question is whether Brendan thinks he can mould him into a consistent performer. 

20 minutes ago, hejammy said:

He only did that twice I believe. Youri did it twice also, is he also a greedy ****er? 

Youri also always put a serious shift in for the team where clearly Under struggles with tracking back and helping out? I like Under i just cant see us shelling out 25 million when he barely plays and is seemingly behind Albrighton in the pecking order.. 

Edited by South Shire Fox

Hes a good player and you can tell he's trying so hard to fit in with the team. However you cant judge him on tonight. Prior to this he's had a couple of sub appearances with the starting PL team, then he comes in for his first start into a team who were frankly awful, and has his role changed after half time for good measure. He scored one that var mightve given on another day and had the keeper stop an excellent run into the box with the ball into his body on another attempt.

In the first half he was getting back fine and made a good interception in the box. His off the ball positioning wasnt good enough because he lacked the ability to close players down and track back because he was in too much open space. His 30 yard shot at the end was, well, why not? You could say on one hand that there were players around him but on the other that not once all game had we broken through their lines into their box. 

I think he has the makings of an amazing player with his speed and ability to run with close control of the ball and link up play with runners like Maddison. But he has a few more months now to prove himself, and how to do that without proper game time? Comments on here are lacklustre at best.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Youri also always put a serious shift in for the team where clearly Under struggles with tracking back and helping out? I like Under i just cant see us shelling out 25 million when he barely plays and is seemingly behind Albrighton in the pecking order.. 

You say you like him but you talk about his tracking back? Something I thought he was pretty decent at today. For example that break away Brighton had in the 2nd half where Under ran back to intercept the final pass. I thought he also "put in a shift today" 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 3

There is obviously enough raw and exciting talent there for us all to wish that he would make his mark as a Leicester player and force his way into the team.

But he had a big opportunity to impress tonight and he didn’t take it.

Maybe next time...

• Like 2

We do not get to see the lad week in week out in training and though he did not have the greatest of games today a hell of a lot had worse games than him and he kept going and linked up nicely with Madders a few times and also managed to get back to cut out a Brighton counter attack showing he does work back. Also perhaps we should remember he is less than 6 months older than Harvey Barnes and it is a big difference from Serie A to the prem. Not sure how good his English is but also his best mate took a while to settle in and has had a bad injury which would not have helped and will be a long way from his family. Sure he will get plenty more chances before the season ends and has shown glimpses of real class so certainly will not write him off like some seem to  

That wasn't the stellar performance I was hoping for. But I still think he's got more ticks in the plus column overall, across all his LCFC performances. He can create stuff and add pace into the attack. He just needs to relax and make better choices. Plus maybe stop driving centrally into the traffic from that right wing. He's looked better to me when keeping his width. 

Im honestly not sure what to make of him, i dont think comparisons to gray are too far off, he has all the tools but struggles to put them together and he tries to hard to impress by going for wonder goals, i do think he's a good bit more talented than gray though. What i will say is that even though his decision making isnt great he does have a good knack for goals and assists, almost scored but nacho was slightly offside, if he can improve his all round game he could be a seriously good player.

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

As I said in the match thread, I see a lot of similarities to Knockaert, both similar in stature, both similar in the way they play.

Just like Knockaert did, Under shows glimpses of brilliance throughout matches; however he also makes many mistakes and you quickly realise that he’s pretty average.

Runs into traffic, gives balls away cheaply and makes poor decisions, that’s not me being harsh, tonight and in other games he’s done all those three things.

Ünder is rapid, Knockaert didn't have the same pace. I think he's got to learn to be less greedy but when he's living off very few chances it's understandable he's desperate to get goals. His finish was quality just a shame Iheanacho was marginally offside.

• Like 2

Why do people always defend the indefensible on here? Under hasn’t been getting in the side which has confused a lot of us, including me. But based on tonight’s performance it makes sense. His decision making is appalling. The man simply is not a team player. He certainly has the ability but he doesn’t have the attitude, which is why Rodgers hasn’t been picking him. Albrighton is 100x the player of Under purely because of his attitude.  

• Like 1

He's just too raw I think for a team of our nature/stature to have enough use for him - we're no longer in a position to be able to be able to develop a player from where he's at that's already aged 23.  If he was younger, then maybe, but if wishes were horses...  He'll probably still have a role to play for the rest of this season, but, as also now with Perez, he's not good enough on the pitch right now which is a minimum we need.

11 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Why do people always defend the indefensible on here? Under hasn’t been getting in the side which has confused a lot of us, including me. But based on tonight’s performance it makes sense. His decision making is appalling. The man simply is not a team player. He certainly has the ability but he doesn’t have the attitude, which is why Rodgers hasn’t been picking him. Albrighton is 100x the player of Under purely because of his attitude.  

That shot from 40 odd yards out, with 10 players in the way and no height on the shot, immediately told me why he's not being picked. No one else on the pitch would have gone for a shot there, complete waste of possession for near enough zero chance of a goal

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Lol nobody is defending his decision making, quite literally this is probably the most discussed weakness of Under that everybody can agree on. Did you read the last 3 sites of this thread? 

2 minutes ago, youngvolki said:

Lol nobody is defending his decision making, quite literally this is probably the most discussed weakness of Under that everybody can agree on. Did you read the last 3 sites of this thread? 

Just one or two people saying it’s an overreaction or he’s being made a scapegoat when he clearly isn’t. He’s just poor. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

But that's is equally why Rodgers isn't playing him so much. He'll tell what he wants, he'll tell don't be greedy, don't shoot from stupid positions where you have no chance of scoring, do that all I'll be impressed. So he goes out, make bad decisions, shoots from anywhere, is overly greedy. So of course Rodgers won't play him if he tells him one thing and he does another. He's out there for Cengiz Under, and that not what he's been told to do. Theres no pressure on him to produce the spectacular he keeps trying, the pressure is on him to do what he's told. Right now he's failing at both anyway.

Thanks for sharing what you overhead Rodgers instructing him to do. lol

Seriously, I saw Brendan speaking to him during one of the injury pauses, and it seemed more to encourage rather than reproach. 

15 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We've just got rid of one skillful player who was selfish and couldn't make the right decision, we don't want to replace like for like we want to upgrade. 

Not even close!

Brendan wants more goals from right midfield/forward, and Gray made 14 appearances with 0 goals in his first season with us, and 2 goals in his first 2 seasons with us (55 appearances). Under is already at par with that in half a season (Demarai's first season with us was also a half-season).