Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's been here over 6 months hanging around with his best mate, he's had more than most players would get to settle in, and yet the manager still doesn't trust him until he's the very last option available. Plus all the Turkish fans are interested in are Under and Under playing, even though they finally had to admit he might not be the right player for us after Brighton, they have no interest in the club. Not trying to rile them up, if they don't like what I'm saying about Under they can stop coming on here. 

I wasn't talking about Ùnder settling down. I was talking about Underfan settling down. The valium has just kicked in and you're trying to set him off again! Lol

I cant see Under staying here any longer which means we need a RW in the summer as well as a Striker and midfielder. 

Under came with weight, stamina and match fitness issues which took a couple of months where he was visibly slimmer by then. He has been out injured for some time after, played a couple of cameos for the leugue/fa cup but that's about it. He still cant track back and defend or get close to his markers for runs on/off the ball and his rashness is there for all to see. 

At his age he shouldn't have any of these issues coming from a team like Roma, but he has and he does. I think BR will already be working the DOF about a suitable player to fit into the team as good as possible. I wish him well...

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I cant see Under staying here any longer which means we need a RW in the summer as well as a Striker and midfielder. 

Annnnnd ! .....   he might even go in forTarkowski again .... 

Just hope that shopping basket is big enough ...   and the cheque doesn’t bounce at the checkout !

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Under came with weight, stamina and match fitness issues which took a couple of months where he was visibly slimmer by then. He has been out injured for some time after, played a couple of cameos for the leugue/fa cup but that's about it. He still cant track back and defend or get close to his markers for runs on/off the ball and his rashness is there for all to see. 

At his age he shouldn't have any of these issues coming from a team like Roma, but he has and he does. I think BR will already be working the DOF about a suitable player to fit into the team as good as possible. I wish him well...

I completely trust BR’s judgement on a player but I will be genuinely sad if Under is binned as I had high hopes of what he could do for us .I really hope he gets some proper game time this season or I will always wonder what he was capable of 

• Like 2

I think it's obvious by now that Brendan doesn't trust Under as a starter. 

He'll play Albrighton, Perez or go to wing backs before considering Under for that RW slot. It's a shame because he does look like he's got some raw qualities, but the fact he fluffed his lines in the Brighton game might make it difficult to come back. 

When Brendan gives him another start he really needs to stand out. Otherwise I can only see us looking elsewhere next season 

7 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

He'll play Albrighton, Perez or go to wing backs before considering Under for that RW slot. It's a shame because he does look like he's got some raw qualities, but the fact he fluffed his lines in the Brighton game might make it difficult to come back. 

When Brendan gives him another start he really needs to stand out. Otherwise I can only see us looking elsewhere next season 

Well no, he needs to do the basics. Trying to stand out with being greedy, taking ridiculous shots and not tracking back are why he's struggling to gain the managers trust. All the qualities people say he has are all the same that Gray had, but they seem to have similar failings too. We just got rid of him, so no idea why we are desperate to sign another.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well no, he needs to do the basics. Trying to stand out with being greedy, taking ridiculous shots and not tracking back are why he's struggling to gain the managers trust. All the qualities people say he has are all the same that Gray had, but they seem to have similar failings too. We just got rid of him, so no idea why we are desperate to sign another.

I actually agree with you and haven't seen enough from CU yet to suggest we should be parting with millions to buy him. When I said "standing out" that doesn't just mean performing like a show pony, but looking like he fits as part of the wider team and understands his role. 

If he does get a start he needs to try and perform and do all the things you've mentioned. I just think he has some raw materials to work with. 

Edited by Jobyfox

It looks pretty obvious he won’t be here next season, i can see 3 players coming in the summertime, a striker, attacking midfielder and a right winger.

If we can get champions league and keep the same players, we’re going to have fantastic squad next season

What a time to be a Leicester fan.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I think he was unfortunate against Brighton in that he was in front of a young player making his debut, however good that debut was. The only fair way would be to try him for a full game with Ricardo behind him. Perez has had dozens of chances in the last two seasons in that same role and failed so I don't think it's unreasonable to give Under a chance there. He'd have to really stink the place out to be a worse option in that particular wide right position. With Perez possibly out through injury and possibly Albrighton needing a rest before the weekend, there's no better time than our midweek game in Europe. Training is one thing, live match play is something completely different to judge a player properly. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Pants. Bin.

I may have said that before? But he’s offered nothing at all since playing the minnows of the EL group stage.

He’s left footed, Gray isn’t. Literally the only reason to prefer him to Dimmy.

Shame. Was quite excited when we signed him

Come on mate. That is harsh. He got on late and hardly seen the ball. He tracked back and defended. All we could ask really. The whole team performance was poor and after Hamza got on, we only had 3 attacking minded players on the pitch if you count Tielemans out who was sitting far too deep and had not seen much of the ball too. Amartey is not a wing back and he offered nothing in support in attack. If Vardy remained on with Nachos, perhaps Under had more to aim and play with up front, but our player selection and formation were too defensively minded.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I know what you mean . Some posters on him straight the way. He's no way near had enough game time to judge . 

Yet people write him of like they've written of countless others that came good

As the guy that started this today, I’m picking you up on this. Find me even one other player, ever, that I’ve written off that’s come good?

I think you’d find I don’t rush to judge, I’m pretty measured, and with young players in particular, have enormous patience.

Not agreeing with my opinion about Under is fine. Implying that I’ve taken against him either unfairly or prematurely, less so. He’s not good enough, and unless he’s carrying an injury this season that we’re unaware of, never will be. 
IMO.

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Come on mate. That is harsh. He got on late and hardly seen the ball. He tracked back and defended. All we could ask really. The whole team performance was poor and after Hamza got on, we only had 3 attacking minded players on the pitch if you count Tielemans out who was sitting far too deep and had not seen much of the ball too. Amartey is not a wing back and he offered nothing in support in attack. If Vardy remained on with Nachos, perhaps Under had more to aim and play with up front, but our player selection and formation were too defensively minded.

Not at all!

And it wasn’t a comment based on just tonight’s performance, but his performances to date.