Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

1 minute ago, matty98 said:

I still like him, it wasn't a great performance but he's still far more of an attacking threat than Albrighton or Perez. He's unpredictable and that's what you need to win games some times.

Still behind Albrighton for me after that performance though he looked much better when he had Maddison to link up with. 

Just Take a Really hard look at yourselves...

The FT Lynch mob came out vor Nacho...

Same people:- Under must Play, BRodgers, is missing a trick..!!

Under..1St selection for awhile, no Doubt under pressure.."The team" was poor tonight...

Same people:-  Again Noose out, this time for Under....

I wont hide the fact, the team was poor...but ...!

Thomas...did ok.

Amartey, Soyu....Got some game time in their legs..

Ndidi & Vards, After immediate injury ,got some more minutes in their Legs..

Daley-Cambell..ok debut...

For L'pool game...I still wouldnt wouldnt mind seeing :-  Under, Nacho, Vardy, starting, 

Using Barnes Coming on as an Impact Sub...

The Brighton game doesn't define future selection for Under, unless other off-field issues are on the Agenda..!!

Plus he could well of been Instructed to Shoot on sight..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

I think Under is a skilful player with flair, pace and an air of unpredictability. He is exciting to watch and at least able to create things out of nothing.

It seems though he is strongly opinionated and he may not always be the humble or follower type, hence why Rodgers is still doubting his longevity here and perhaps why he is showing some rashness and eagerness that some have picked on. This is multiplied because he is getting less minutes - this could become a vicious circle so this is now down to how Rodgers handles him and whether Under can calm down and follow. I hope they can get it right because to me he is exciting to watch.

• Like 1

He showed what he can do tonight, the guy is a right handful and I would love to see how good he can play if he played in more games.

I hope there is a plan for him because I think he really is a great left footed RW!

Edited by jmono84
  • Like 1

He gets limited game time and is trying to show what he can do in those limited minutes which makes him that little bit greedy, Iheanacho can be very similar. They want to make their mark and I can't really blame them.

I think he is a very good player but maybe his style just does not fit our current model. The lack of hard work rate required to defend, hence Rodgers prefers Albrighton. However, other than Maddison/Barnes there is no one in that squad as skilful as Under and no one that can change a game as much in one moment.

Guest Underfan

Against Brighton, worst Cengiz I've ever watched in my life. He deserves harsh critism not for his play though, because complete team was in disarray with the exception of defense. But he proved critics right when he didnt assist inside but hit the goalie from a very narrow angle in the second half. Shame, it was too narrow, and there were, though not easy to assist,  but some available other players in the box. I can see he is very desperate to prove himself with a goal.  This time I want Cengiz to play more to get accustommed to Leicester not that he proved himself against Brighton.

The problem was that there was very little space. Anytime we got near the final third any attacker was doubled up on apart from when we countered, which wasn’t often. Quite clear that he wants to do well here and is desperate for a big moment. 

• Like 1

Weird that he seemed to almost be playing cm first half of the game yesterday. Daley Campbell was obviously instructed to get into the space that he likes to adopt. Once he was able to get into the space up the pitch he was very direct and looking to make things happen. Still think we'd win more games if he was playing, especially in the home games where we have suffered from an inability to score enough goals.

You just feel like something is going to happen when he picks the ball up, we have more purpose and if given a run, much like Justin I imagine his decision making and confidence would improve and make him look even better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Weird that he seemed to almost be playing cm first half of the game yesterday. Daley Campbell was obviously instructed to get into the space that he likes to adopt. Once he was able to get into the space up the pitch he was very direct and looking to make things happen. Still think we'd win more games if he was playing, especially in the home games where we have suffered from an inability to score enough goals.

You just feel like something is going to happen when he picks the ball up, we have more purpose and if given a run, much like Justin I imagine his decision making and confidence would improve and make him look even better.

The attack fizzles out nearly everytime he gets the ball, that's what's likely to happen.

• Sad 1

Mahrez was a greedy lazy git when we got him, and with time we turned him into one of the best wingers in the country. There's a chance to do the same here, but he's really got to show something more in these final few months on loan. Can't see us spending 25m on an impact sub for Marc Albrighton, regardless of any potential to improve.

1 hour ago, Underfan said:

Against Brighton, worst Cengiz I've ever watched in my life. He deserves harsh critism not for his play though, because complete team was in disarray with the exception of defense. But he proved critics right when he didnt assist inside but hit the goalie from a very narrow angle in the second half. Shame, it was too narrow, and there were, though not easy to assist,  but some available other players in the box. I can see he is very desperate to prove himself with a goal.  This time I want Cengiz to play more to get accustommed to Leicester not that he proved himself against Brighton.

I think this is a little harsh on Cengiz.  It looked to me like his passing lanes were blocked and so the shot wasn’t that bad a decision.  Strange that we both see the same thing so differently. 

His decision to shoot from 25 m, straight in front of goal, with players available left and right, and a sea of defenders who inevitably blocked the shot, now THAT was poor decision making.  lollol

I thought he got better and more involved as the game went on, and he didn’t stop trying.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Mahrez was a greedy lazy git when we got him, and with time we turned him into one of the best wingers in the country. There's a chance to do the same here, but he's really got to show something more in these final few months on loan. Can't see us spending 25m on an impact sub for Marc Albrighton, regardless of any potential to improve.

Quite, for 25m you aren't expecting to buy a player like Mahrez, someone to build up. (Now my backing of Perez condition has finally cleared up, that money feels just as painful as a potential 25m on Under.)

What worries me about him is he doesn't seem like a team player. He's either shooting from impossible angles when there's an easier pass on to a team mate or shooting from 40 yards through packed defenses. Occasionally this will come off but not very often.

I would imagine this is Rodgers biggest worry about him can he coach this out of him to become more of a team player. The thing is we all love to watch a maverick player which he is so hopefully his decision making will improve over time. 

I made the point about him shooting too often months ago and got laughed away but it's as if he doesn't know what else to do but shoot. The one at about 30 yards in the 80th+ minute was a joke and the one where he should have knocked it back, where Thomas threw his arms up, was stupid.

I am not a fan of players cutting in on their favourite foot unless they are really good at it. Under was coming inside and giving the ball away too often.

• Like 3

The thing he has in his favour is that he looks like he might make something happen, even if everything that he has done before has been shit. I reckon a run in the side would mean him and Maddison link up quite well, we've seen a couple of moments when they are on the same wave length. I think he can be crucial in our europa league games. 

His 'shot' from 40 yards straight into the defenders legs is infuriating though, happens at least once in every performance. 

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I made the point about him shooting too often months ago and got laughed away but it's as if he doesn't know what else to do but shoot. The one at about 30 yards in the 80th+ minute was a joke and the one where he should have knocked it back, where Thomas threw his arms up, was stupid.

I am not a fan of players cutting in on their favourite foot unless they are really good at it. Under was coming inside and giving the ball away too often.

....the tendency is to play inverted wingers!!!

When on the right if he had to go down the line, he will have to check back to cross or a cut back, Albrighton style. He is proficient on his right but that is not how Rodgers is looking to utilise him.

The apparent need to shoot in situations unaware of the support around him is a blot on his football intelligence but he tries to make things happen and he has an open mind on the pitch and it is what we need.