Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

Just now, Fox85 said:

I stand corrected but still my point is he is a better player than Albrighton. Yes Albrighton helps out defensively but it's not our defense that needs help its our attacking threat.

Under is the 2nd best winger at the club by a country mile and needs to be used more if we want to progress and also clinch the top 4.

People giving him shit are idiots the lad needs game time has potential to be 1 of the best wingers in the league 

I fully agree, Albrighton has been poor for 2 or 3 weeks now. Had been great though.

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You know? I’m done with the ‘I think, you think’ stuff. I think he’s nowhere near our level. Some of you disagree. I’ll leave that there.

Villa next!

He is, arguably, a modern day Steve Earle. The footballer, not the singer/songwriter. Who is 75 now. Dear Lord.

if you are actually the Steve Earle, I thought you were great. As was Jim Melrose.

• Like 2

For whatever reason Under hasn't worked out. He's ironed a lot of the issues that BR highlighted when he came here but it doesn't seem that BR has confidence in him either to start matches and/or has a lack of confidence in him to be able to mould him as the player that he wants him to be. To all intents and purposes he's going back to Roma. If he was staying, he wouldn't be playing bit part sub appearances with 14 PL games to go.

If so it's a headache for recruitment as RW is our weak link and we'd ideally need to buy another winger in the summer that was sidelined for Under.

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

You know? I’m done with the ‘I think, you think’ stuff. I think he’s nowhere near our level. Some of you disagree. I’ll leave that there.

Villa next!

No other player on the right has scored or assisted more than him this season though. I cannot believe that we are in 2021 and we still have Marc Albrighton or Ayoze Perez as first choice. If we don't get a RW who brings us 15+ goal contributions next season I'll be livid.

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

Hard to perform when you dont have the confidence of the manager. Why are we starting albrighton when we have amartey on the same flank, just seems like defensive overkill and led to our attack being almost non existent on the right. As ive said before albrighton only works as a player if he has the attacking outlets around him to facilitate his offensive output. Under's all round game might be lacking but at least he has a moment of quality in him to get a goal or assist over a game and he's not going to improve just coming off the bench. He really shouldve started today.

* Clapping hands emoji *

• Thanks 1

I don't quite know what to make of the whole Under situation.  I don't think that he has had a fair chance to prove himself and in most cases I would accept that he is not been afforded chances because he isn't up to it, but this kid comes with a reputation and some pedigree.  I really think he should at least get a run, especially as we are not blessed with outstanding options on that right side.

• Like 1

I've got nothing against Cengo but Brendan sees him and Marc train everyday and picks Marc over him so that's good enough for me. Could be something as simple as Cengo's English not being great. Communication on the pitch is important. However, I'm in total agreement that we need an upgrade on both in the summer.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I think if he got a run of 5+ games he’d be a better player for it and probably show some class we just can’t afford to give him that when he’s so ineffective at the moment

....it is a bit like a vicious circle....he gets 20 mins now and again, tries too hard to impress, takes wrong options and defeats himself!!!

I imagined it would have taken 5 minutes on the pitch when he first arrived to show what a fantastic player he is, it has not gone as I or he would have hoped and he needs to accept that he is not going to be first name on the sheet and playing without the added pressure to impress would see him have a better contribution to the team. If he can not learn this, then it will not matter where he ends up, if he can not adjust to the requirements of his manager, even if it goes against his style of play, then he needs to take up a contract with all the cards laid out on the table and each side knows what they are about to get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youngvolki said:

So tell me, how many succesfull attacking situations have the other offensive players created today ? Right of the bat, I can think of 2 good chances, at max. Of course it's Unders fault though, for having played barely 30 minutes 

You seem to be confusing successful attacks and keeping the ball to build an attack on. Albrighton, if he can't create anything, doesn't run into blind alleys, or take ridiculous shots. Under loses the ball, doesn't assess situations well and loses the ball.

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You seem to be confusing successful attacks and keeping the ball to build an attack on. Albrighton, if he can't create anything, doesn't run into blind alleys, or take ridiculous shots. Under loses the ball, doesn't assess situations well and loses the ball.

True. But only because Albrighton hasn’t been getting in those positions. You can’t argue that over his last 3 maybe 4 matches he’s been anonymous. At least cengo gets into those positions and puts the defending players on the back foot. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I want him to be good because he has a higher ceiling than Perez and Albrighton as the other two have limitations but they consistently make better decisions that benefit the whole teams build up play.

Say what you want about Perez or Albrighton but at least neither of em thinks they can beat 3 players and smash it top corner like Under thinks he can. 

I know it was an obvious foul but the fact he didn’t get up and try get back at the Slavia Prague defender after being bundled over just shows he’s not quite got the same attitude as the other two that Brendan likes. 

They don’t try and beat a player because they physically cannot. They haven’t got it in the locker. Under has and that’s why he tries it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1