Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

Just now, Col city fan said:

Even I’m warming to Big Dan now. He’s a limited player but fair play to him for coming back from his horrendous injury and keeping going

I’d keep him as a squad man now, especially if we are only to get c. 5 mill for him
He seems a very honest professional 

I like him but it's going to limit his opportunities and it would help balance the books. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Even I’m warming to Big Dan now. He’s a limited player but fair play to him for coming back from his horrendous injury and keeping going

I’d keep him as a squad man now, especially if we are only to get c. 5 mill for him
He seems a very honest professional 

Amartey!

ezgif-861658278.gif

• Like 1

not one of us as fans can actually say how good or bad Amartey is. He's never played in one position for us, was starting to look ok ish at right back before his injury. Heard loads about him being a decent centre back when playing internationally but has very much become a utility player for us and that's not always fair on the player

He could still have a positive impact on the squad, its only been 2 games but has looked decent so far. Hopefully sticks around, we may need him for a decent run in Europe

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sell Benk, he is not of sturdy enough stuff.  :(

Quite liked the look of him in the brief glimpses I’ve seen with us. I don’t think he was injury prone prior to Celtic? Probably not much to lose by loaning out for now and see what happens. Eventually Cags will leave and Evans will retire.

15 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

We need at least five centre backs with the amount of games we have this season, in a condensed amount of time

Soyuncu Evans Fofana Amartey/Benkovic and Morgan

You've forgotten N'Didi.  The fact that he was preferred to Amartey at CB speaks volumes regardless of a solid performance at Man City.

Keeping him gives us depth but is it really fair to him to be 4th choice right back or 5th choice makeshift centreback or 4th choice DM?  I think he deserves better than that.  Time for him to go for the sake of his career.

I like Big Dan he has never let us down.  Well apart from that time against United and that other time against United but apart from that he has never let us down.

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

You've forgotten N'Didi.  The fact that he was preferred to Amartey at CB speaks volumes regardless of a solid performance at Man City.

Keeping him gives us depth but is it really fair to him to be 4th choice right back or 5th choice makeshift centreback or 4th choice DM?  I think he deserves better than that.  Time for him to go for the sake of his career.

I like Big Dan he has never let us down.  Well apart from that time against United and that other time against United but apart from that he has never let us down.

I’d keep Dan for now but be prepared to sell in January if it’s clear we don’t need him, for his sake as well as ours

17 hours ago, TaggertvsWise said:

The very reason Pearson went back to sign big Was after his injury and we all know how that worked out.

The effort and attitude shown from Amartey shows the sort of character we need and his performance last week in an unfamiliar position for us vs one of the top teams cements his squad place for this season for sure.

Always been a fan, pleased for the lad. 

Looks like a significant injury today?

13 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Our best defender today IMO. Imagine saying that before the season started!

That's really not saying much though. He did fine, no major mistakes, but my heart skipped when he was being pressed on the ball by West Ham. He looks very awkward with the ball at his feet, but today he got away with it.

• Like 3