Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

Credit where credits due, on the right of a back 3 he was brilliant, and before he had the nasty injury he was steady at right back. We still need a top centre half to come in as Johnny Evans will keep getting niggly injuries, hope Daniel stays and doesn’t mind spells on the bench but him and Mendy were brilliant yesterday, along with 9 others obviously...:scarf:

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Makes me feel like we only need one CB in now.

Evans, Soyuncu, Fofana, Amartey and Wes is good enough depth.

I think you are right. Throw in Ndidi with his versatility and Fuchs for cup matches against minnows and we would need proper bad luck with injuries to not be okay.

• Like 1

I was surprised and impressed by his cushioned clearance header that started the move for our second goal.  So many defenders would have just got their head on it without any thought about where it was directed.

I agree with most on here that he looks like an extra option that few had in their thoughts at all.  He must impressed in training recently for Rodgers to have been confident enough to select him for such a testing fixture.

• Like 2

It’s one game,  but after 2 years without competitive top flight football, that was an assured performance. Difficult now if we had planned to have him sold or feature in a transfer.

Edited by Dahnsouff

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was one game in which he had two other centre backs for help against a team that played crap and had no outright striker.

Oh and he was utterly lost at sea when Ake scored.

Lets not go for the typical FoxesTalk over reaction, eh. 

Was just thinking the same. The opinion changes of fans on this board after one game frankly astounds me though I shouldn't be shocked on FT anymore!

1 game against a doggo Man City attack all of a sudden "Like a new signing" yeah ok then lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It was one game in which he had two other centre backs for help against a team that played crap and had no outright striker.

I agree with this completely in regards to an overreaction.  But also worth saying that his performance in the context of just having come back from such a horrible injury was way better than expected. Think we should absolutely keep him

• Like 2

I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves after one game. It was only a few days ago where he was ripped to shreds by Arsenals kids.

My thoughts on him is that he's a good versatile utility player who can fill in when needed. He shouldn't be someone to be relied on starting week in week out though. I still think his best position is as a defensive midfielder as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Well I wouldn't say he was ripped to shreds... Morgan and Fuchs were. But anyway, this lad has been criticised like hell, when he has been playing right back or centre mid... not the position he was playing when we bought him and not the position he was playing for Ghana. 

However, he played well in a back 5, I am not convinced he'd be as affective in a back 4... But he deserves a lot of credit for coming back from such a long lay-off. 

Of course he deserves credit for his performance but I also think this whole he played cb for Ghana thing is a little bit false. He did for a tournament and did it very well by all accounts. But we bought him from Copenhagen where he was a midfielder, he played in midfield for Ghana too. I for one have never been critical of Amartey but it's a bit baffling when you see people who were writing him off 2 days ago now saying he's the answer to all our problems based on one very good performance. 

In regards of the arsenal game I thought Fuchs and Amartey had worse games than Morgan personally. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

He wasn’t at fault for the Ake goal.

Amartey was covering Rodri as Castagne was dropping off him to the back post to cover Sterling

Maddison was originally covering Ake but lost him and then Cags just didn’t pick him up as Ake ran in behind him

CED6E087-26EE-44A5-A686-ACE625E19BE2.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Like the typical Foxes Talk over reaction when the team was announced which included Amartey perhaps?

Edited by mikey54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He wasn’t at fault for the Ake goal.

Amartey was covering Rodri as Castagne was dropping off him to the back post to cover Sterling

Maddison was originally covering Ake but lost him and then Cags just didn’t pick him up as Ake ran in behind him

CED6E087-26EE-44A5-A686-ACE625E19BE2.jpeg

He's probably thinking of the Fernandinho header in the first half where he did lose his man.

13 minutes ago, SexyGammonFox said:

He's probably thinking of the Fernandinho header in the first half where he did lose his man.

Lost his man twice yesterday at set plays and the pic above is technically Maddison’s, but Dan could have done better 

Fulham's CB signing just failed a medical..... I wonder if that, along with a good performance yesterday might push their interest in big Dan. 

I know reports suggested he was being looked at as a CM but if he offered them options in two positions they need....

22 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Fulham's CB signing just failed a medical..... I wonder if that, along with a good performance yesterday might push their interest in big Dan. 

I know reports suggested he was being looked at as a CM but if he offered them options in two positions they need....

Maybe, but I think we'll be less inclined to sell now, and his price will have soared massively.

I think the rumour said £5m, didn't it? Seems daft now.

• Like 1