Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-make-approach-to-sign-5m-valued-leicester-city-player/

Fulham make approach to sign £5m-valued Leicester City player

Fulham have made an approach to sign Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

The 25-year-old has fallen down the pecking order at the King Power Stadium over the past few seasons having struggled with injury.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Leicester are willing to sell the Ghanian for around £5million this summer.

The Cottagers have held a long-term interest in the defensive midfielder, who can also play across the back line, and tried to sign him in the January transfer window.

Amartey has two years remaining on his contract with the Foxes, having penned a new deal in December 2018.

The Ghana international spent nearly two years on the sidelines with an ankle injury suffered in a 1-1 draw with West Ham United in October 2018.

He made his playing return earlier this month and scored in a 1-1 friendly draw with Blackburn Rovers in the build up to the 2020/21 campaign.

Amartey arrived in a near £6million deal from FC Copenhagen in January 2016 and has made 64 appearances for the Foxes, winning the Premier League in his first season at the club.

He has not featured in a competitive match under Brendan Rodgers and may be deemed surplus to requirements by the Northern Irishman with Wilfried Ndidi, Youri Tielemans, Nampalys Mendy and Hamza Choudhury all vying for the holding midfield positions.

Edited by moore_94

It's worth remembering he has put in some good performances for us, and I think his height and strength are things we are a bit short of at the mo. I really don't see why he can't become a quality CB at this level.

But he really needs lots of games, so if he went it would be understandable.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The Cottagers have held a long-term interest in the defensive midfielder, who can also play across the back line, and tried to sign him in the January transfer window.

That's a really unfortunate name. 

But given Amartey went on to have a further ankle surgery around that period, I don't fully believe this article 

I really have nothing against the guy, but his injury record is awful, we’ve never really found any proper place for him in the team, and not trying to be harsh, but we’ve progressed as a team while there’s no way he can’t have regressed with all of his time on the sidelines.

If anyone is willing to offer us £5m for him, we should take it.

Could anyone honestly say we would miss him if he wasn’t here?

We're so far pass what Armartey has to offer. 

He's too slow for our game now. 

We have far far better right backs, far better defensive midfielders and he's never been used as a center back.

There might be a player in there, but for me, it's time for him to move on.

• Like 1

Sell sell sell. Another prospect (along with gray) that isn't going to make the required level. Shame, he seems a good lad, and has had a few good performances, but he's never really kicked on.