Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

I have sympathy in the sense he's not a RB! Give him games in a natural position and we may see a decent player. As it stands can't see much hope for that

Is that because he doesn't have a position? Being serious. Where does he actually play?

I've always wondered how Amartey ended up being represented by Zahavi... like you look through his clients... Lewandowski, Zaha, Telles and in the past Tevez and Mascherano... just a bit of an outlier lol 

The thing I do find puzzling about Amartey is that during his time, when not injured, he has never been properly tried in what appears to be his best position of CB. He was highly praised for that role for Ghana in the African Nations Cup. I am not suggesting he is up to it as I've never seen him play there, but it is odd. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The thing I do find puzzling about Amartey is that during his time, when not injured, he has never been properly tried in what appears to be his best position of CB. He was highly praised for that role for Ghana in the African Nations Cup. I am not suggesting he is up to it as I've never seen him play there, but it is odd. 

To be honest he is as not bad at CH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richardson said:

To be honest he is as not bad at CH

CB is Amartey’s position and to be fair to him, he’s been given not much chance by successive managers in his natural position 

I understand Fulham want him as a CM?

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

If Amartey going to France clinched the deal for Fofana then it would make sense. Puel knows him well and we get the player we want.

If he's as good as people think given the clubs chasing him then he's likely to be worth much more than we;re paying.

Just get it done, We need someone and he's the best candidate.

Edited by Clever Fox

On 24/09/2020 at 12:44, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

The same point puzzles me also. In the current climate it would have been worth trying him there against Arsenal for me let alone before. What had we got to lose.

• Like 1

On 25/09/2020 at 13:01, volpeazzurro said:

The same point puzzles me also. In the current climate it would have been worth trying him there against Arsenal for me let alone before. What had we got to lose.

I think he's been tried a few times in that position for u23's so it would appear decision has been made on basis of that and what they've seen in training

• Like 1

The lack of a position is a huge issue for Amartey, and anyone potentially looking at signing him.

He actually joined us being recognised as a DM, he’s played for us (sparingly) as a makeshift RB, now people see his position as a CB??

Add to this his time out through injury, and nobody actually knows what his best position is, because no-one has got to see it for the past few years.....

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

The lack of a position is a huge issue for Amartey, and anyone potentially looking at signing him.

He actually joined us being recognised as a DM, he’s played for us (sparingly) as a makeshift RB, now people see his position as a CB??

Add to this his time out through injury, and nobody actually knows what his best position is, because no-one has got to see it for the past few years.....

if he can stay injury free then hopefully he can still have a good career even if its not with us? He deserves that he seems a nice guy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Richardson said:

looks like hes playing today?:unsure:

It makes sense, as nerve racking as it is seeing him start, if Brendan can get him upto speed at CB and playing well then it's a god send. As we've all been saying we need the CBs at the club with 3 games a week. That now could be Soyuncu, Evans, Amartey and a signing by the looks of it, the four we need. The Ndidi injury has forced some changes.