Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mozartfox

Daniel Amartey

9 hours ago, nwl fox said:

I think he's been tried a few times in that position for u23's so it would appear decision has been made on basis of that and what they've seen in training

8 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Right, didn't know that. 👍🏻

Apparently we had a re-think 😂

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

Surely, he's not going anywhere after that. Could be as good as a new signing or better.

I like Dan and agree he’s put in a performance and a half today, in a position he seems to excel in (CB national team etc) when we continued to play him at RB.

Just playing devil's advocate, could he be a player that could be loaned to St Ettiene to mitigate the Fofana deal?

4 minutes ago, Richardson said:

dont really want to lose him for that again? when is it ?

January 2022, although if Covid is still a massive issue in Cameroon by that time it could be moved again, it has already been moved 3 times because of it

Edited by moore_94

Please keep him at centre back. For me off the ball he’s always been sound but on the ball is where I have my doubts. Keeping him centre half negates those issues. His body positioning is so much better when receiving the ball when central. When he gets the ball out on the right wing it’s so unnatural and panicky. 

Have to say i’m not his biggest fan but enjoyed watching him today and he really grew into the game as it went on. Guess he’s a proper confidence player isn’t he, today would’ve felt good. Fair play.

• Like 1

Brilliant today - but this is the standard he will need to replicate on a consistent basis. Certainly worth a place in the squad, but a centre half signing is still a priority. If Dan hi happy as 4th choice, then there probably aren't many better 4th choices in the league. He also is a versatile player and can play in several position, which is useful to have from the bench.

• Like 4

He played all but 1 game at CB in a back 4 at the AFCON 2017 

and was a stand out - Official Team of the tournament. 

@25 is still relatively young especially for a CB so I wouldn’t write him off just yet

On a separate note Fofana looks like a genuine world class talent and it would be a shame if we missed out on the opportunity to sign him.

• Like 1