Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

It's absolutely mental that states are called before 100% of votes have been counted. It's a narrative of being first, rather than being right, that plays into Trump's hands and allows him to make such horrific remarks as he has done.

I'm not the biggest fan of our electoral system but I'm just glad we have the 10pm exit poll and then that's yer lot until each constituency counts 100pc of its votes.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

It's absolutely mental that states are called before 100% of votes have been counted. It's a narrative of being first, rather than being right, that plays into Trump's hands and allows him to make such horrific remarks as he has done.

I'm not the biggest fan of our electoral system but I'm just glad we have the 10pm exit poll and then that's yer lot until each constituency counts 100pc of its votes.

i don't see why - unless someone put all the Boden votes in a pile in the corner, there is no reason to expect a big swing in the remaining votes.  Even with mail in votes, which in say Biden has 60:40 share, there is a point at which it is so improbable that the result changes that it makes sense to call it.

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

i don't see why - unless someone put all the Biden votes in a pile in the corner, there is no reason to expect a big swing in the remaining votes.  Even with mail in votes, which in say Biden has 60:40 share, there is a point at which it is so improbable that the result changes that it makes sense to call it.

Biden not Boden!  Although one could make a case for Johnny Boden being a better candidate, he is sadly English.

Edited by Jon the Hat

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I’ve never really paid much notice of US politics but like most you can’t not have one eye on this as it’s compelling.

What a complete and utter shambles and shitshow the whole thing is, makes our elections look somewhat polished.

Once again, the polls have shown they aren't connected to Trumps base.  Also the media.  Almost no one until the past two days has seriously given Trump much of a chance.  I think he is going to win it.  What a shit show the Democrats are that they cannot put up a candidate to beat him.  Interestingly, Trump has really moved the Republicans to be the working class party.  Quite a move.

• Like 1

It's called diplomacy.  You really expect him to comment either way when we don't know which candidate will be in the White house in January? 

To be fair, you might well expect him to, or want him to, but in that case you haven't been paying much attention to our Governments approach to the US relationship.

It's called diplomacy.  You really expect him to comment either way when we don't know which candidate will be in the White house in January? 

I would expect the foreign secretary to call the President out for what is essentially an attempt to destroy democracy, yes.

At the very least I would expect him to realise that Trump actually said that and it's in no way commentary by political broadcasters. 

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Once again, the polls have shown they aren't connected to Trumps base.  Also the media.  Almost no one until the past two days has seriously given Trump much of a chance.  I think he is going to win it.  What a shit show the Democrats are that they cannot put up a candidate to beat him.  Interestingly, Trump has really moved the Republicans to be the working class party.  Quite a move.

Was thinking exactly this. Very similar to Brexit in that the media and the noisy left manage to convince themselves they have won. The average man on the street is ignored and demonised so holds their thoughts. Come results day and everyone is shocked and amazed. Happens over and over.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

The voters play a part too.

+65M and counting voted for that scumbag, most of them twice. Despite everything that happened the last four years, especially in 2020, despite him being one of the most repulsive human being on the planet, despite his ideas and moral values (or lack thereof). Or maybe because of that.

A democracy is only as good as the people who vote in.

Donald Trump is having the absolute time of his life living rent free in your head.

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

Of the remaining states:

Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Alaska all look safe for Trump.  Trump up to 267 votes.

Arizona and Nevada, Biden is favourite.  Biden up to 244 votes.

It's 270 to win.  Trump needs either of Michigan or Wisconsin.

He's ahead in both, but postal votes need to be counted.  Biden, to win, based on the remaining uncounted votes, needs 59% of what's left in Michigan and 60% of what's left in Wisconsin.  Exit polls in both states gave Biden 58% of postal votes.

In wisconsin the last votes to be counted are from Milwaukee, which is strong Democrat territory,and I reckon Biden will get that one. 

Which leaves Michigan.  Winner takes all.  Result expected Friday!

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

I would expect the foreign secretary to call the President out for what is essentially an attempt to destroy democracy, yes.

At the very least I would expect him to realise that Trump actually said that and it's in no way commentary by political broadcasters. 

So it's fine for the democrats to go to the courts to get a ruling that postal ballots can be counted for days after the election, but not for Republicans to challenge that?  How is that fair?

On another note, this pissing around with postal voting is just shifting the goalposts to help the democrats.  Are they admitting they can;t win under the current rules?  A bit weird.

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m no Trump fan but considering he must have plenty of support in the USA it’s interesting how we mainly only get to hear from anti Trump people on our so called impartial news channels.

Much like Brexit supporters, our media only finds the numpties, not the reasonable people with a case to make.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yep. Even his best mate Piers is fuming with Trump for what he’s said. 

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

i don't see why - unless someone put all the Boden votes in a pile in the corner, there is no reason to expect a big swing in the remaining votes.  Even with mail in votes, which in say Biden has 60:40 share, there is a point at which it is so improbable that the result changes that it makes sense to call it.

As I say though, that becomes a problem if candidates can start claiming here and there that they reckon the uncounted votes would have been for them.

You make absolutely sure and it stops gobshites (whatever colour they are) from doing that. It's an election FFS, not a frame of snooker.

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Of the remaining states:

Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Alaska all look safe for Trump.  Trump up to 267 votes.

Arizona and Nevada, Biden is favourite.  Biden up to 244 votes.

It's 270 to win.  Trump needs either of Michigan or Wisconsin.

He's ahead in both, but postal votes need to be counted.  Biden, to win, based on the remaining uncounted votes, needs 59% of what's left in Michigan and 60% of what's left in Wisconsin.  Exit polls in both states gave Biden 58% of postal votes.

In wisconsin the last votes to be counted are from Milwaukee, which is strong Democrat territory,and I reckon Biden will get that one. 

Which leaves Michigan.  Winner takes all.  Result expected Friday!

This is what makes trump's supreme court comment even more batshit crazy. He's sat there with a legitimate chance of winning without resorting to backhand crap, why not wait for the final count and IF you lose fire off your democracy killing bullet? 

Crazy shite. 

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m no Trump fan but considering he must have plenty of support in the USA it’s interesting how we mainly only get to hear from anti Trump people on our so called impartial news channels.

We’re hammered so much by the anti trump media and forced political views upon us that we even need to put a disclaimer at the start of our posts stating ‘‘I’m no trump fan but..’’ lol 

if you didn’t put this you would be hounded at. Ridiculous world we live in.

• Haha 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

This is what makes trump's supreme court comment even more batshit crazy. He's sat there with a legitimate chance of winning without resorting to backhand crap, why not wait for the final count and IF you lose fire off your democracy killing bullet? 

Crazy shite. 

We know what he is like by now, he had a press conference, he was always going to claim he won it.  He loves pissing people off.  It's a shit way to lead a country, but it is not a surprise.

• Like 1