Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

4 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Bit weird people revelling in the illness of someone. It's a horrible way to die for anybody.

I don't think it's staged either. He kinda looks scared and he tweeted about love to everyone etc. Feel like he's worried.

given his age and weight , when he turns to his physician and asks him if everything will be ok and the answer is ‘ no idea don,  the big risk is in a few days when your respiratory system could begin to attack itself ‘ I expect that’s quite a sobering thing for the most powerful man in the world to be told ......

some of us have been there ......it’s pretty tough to see/feel your vulnerability laid bare .......

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Just had a look. Had never heard of that. But it seems he was advocating for the death penalty on the belief that those men had brutally raped and almost killed a woman. A different kettle of fish. I'm sure many even nowadays would agree to the death penalty for such a crime. 

Technically you were right about calling for death though. 

No, don't defend the position based on a cursory reading.  There was no evidence against them and even after they were proven innocent he continues to assert their guilt to this day.  

10 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Bit weird people revelling in the illness of someone. It's a horrible way to die for anybody.

I don't think it's staged either. He kinda looks scared and he tweeted about love to everyone etc. Feel like he's worried.

Either you're deliberately downplaying his malevolence or you're miles off the mark.

He called death upon people, dismissed the virus threat and renounced to a national contingency plan for his own political agenda, mocked people who wore masks and encouraged his supporters to come en masse at his rallies with no social distancing whatsoever. He's actively encouraging his country's division and dragging it backwards. He's the most powerful man in the world and has an enormous influence on its matters. He openly admires and flirts with dictators, supports far-right activists, normalizes racist speech, bullies and pisses the US traditional allies off, denies the climate changes... I could go on and on. 

I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone who isn't braindead could vote this scum just for some kind of short-term financial advantage. It's incredibly short-sighted and their children, grand-children and descendants will pay the price for this folly. Or they just think alike. He's got no redeeming quality, is a threat to his country and to the world and is about to open a pandora box, if not already.

Sometimes the world's better off with some people out of the picture for good and yes, I do wish his demise, preferably a final one. 

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Either you're deliberately downplaying his malevolence or you're miles off the mark.

He call death upon people, dismissed the virus threat and renounced to a national contingency plan for his own political agenda, mocked people who wore masks and encouraged his supporters to come en masse at his rallies with no social distancing whatsoever. He's actively encouraging his country's division and dragging it backwards. He's the most powerful man in the world and has an enormous influence on its matters. He openly admires and flirts with dictators, supports far-right activists, normalizes racist speech, bullies and pisses the US traditional allies off, denies the climate changes... I could go on and on. 

I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone who isn't braindead could vote this scum just for some kind of short-term financial advantage. It's incredibly short-sighted and their children, grand-children and descendants will pay the price for this folly. Or they just think alike. He's got no redeeming quality, is a threat to his country and to the world and is about to open a pandora box, if not already.

Sometimes the world's better off with some people out of the picture for good and yes, I do wish his demise, preferably a final one. 

I absolutely agree with your sentiments about the man. Add to that, burying climate science, practically erasing climate change from the EPA online and the rolling back back of a total of 64 environmental rules and regulations. A second term would be catastrophic in terms of continuing deregulation.

In respect of his current predicament - don't believe in karma, but you do very often reap what you sow. However, wishing death on another human being is a dark path. Furthermore, the implications are equally as terrifying. This post is absolutely correct...

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Speaking personally, I'd much rather see Trump recover and get some jail time after being kicked out of the WH in November than become a martyr to some of the true nutcases that follow him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

I absolutely agree with your sentiments about the man. Add to that, burying climate science, practically erasing climate change from the EPA online and the rolling back back of a total of 64 environmental rules and regulations. A second term would be catastrophic in terms of continuing deregulation.

In respect of his current predicament - don't believe in karma, but you do very often reap what you sow. However, wishing death on another human being is a dark path. Furthermore, the implications are equally as terrifying. This post is absolutely correct...

I get your point and commend it.

However I'm personally never going to pretend or say something I just don't mean. Why should I feel any compassion, empathy or sympathy for someone who showed absolutely none throughout his long 74 years of life? He's heartless, never cared about anyone but himself and proved times and again that there are no means low enough that he wouldn't use to achieve his goals. Including sending his own supporters to the slaughter.

Furthermore I don't believe that he'll lose the elections, should he survive Covid. To the contrary, it will embolden him, "prove" his twisted point of view about the virus's dangerosity and his supporters will quickly forget that he had access to a level of medical care they can only dream of. Even if he loses it won't be by a landslide, and I doubt that he and his trumpers will quietly accept the results, given that he set the stage and brainwashed them months ago. So more violence, more chaos and more deaths. Also he'll never go jail. Never.

The US and the world won't survive four more years of him and he already did enough damage. So screw him and may he rot in hell, if there's one. 

Edited by That_Dude

Trump’s doctor says he is not on any oxygen now and has had no fever for 24 hours (he clearly had some oxygen thurs nigh/fri am judging by the answers)

seems like he has managed to avoid a difficult experience in the short term and the next issue becomes after four or five days when he could take a turn for the worse but that fact his fever has gone so quickly is positive for him. 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seems like an issue with timeline 

doctor says he was being treated for 72 hours now 

but on Wednesday and Thursday he was carrying out his usual duties including campaigning on Thursday ....

Yes that needs clarifying. 

I know he will plumb any depths, but if true, to go to a fundraiser after testing positive is just disgraceful. 

25 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Looks like his condition is improving which is good news. I'd prefer to see him in handcuffs post election rather than on a ventilator or in a bodybag.

Highly doubt it. Not with this volatile climate and I've yet to see a former US president go to jail.

Just now, martyn said:

Yes that needs clarifying. 

I know he will plumb any depths, but if true, to go to a fundraiser after testing positive is just disgraceful. 

I’m beginning to wonder if the idea was to hide the positive test completely and it was only when he became too ill on Thursday evening that they realised the truth would have to be told ......

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Right okay. So you'd have been disgusted by people who wanted Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao to die? By people who want Putin to die?

Donald Trump's complete disregard for science, and the fact that he values wealth over life, has lead to thousands of people dying unnecessarily. His social views are dragging his country back decades. He is the most powerful man in the world and he is doing damage to the planet every second he is in office. One of the only valid reasons to wish death on someone is their political views if they either hold a position of power, conceivably will hold positions of power or are influential enough to change the views of people who do. I hope, for the sake of all of us, he suffers the same fate that thousands of Americans have because of his reckless disregard for the lives of others.

Come on, comparing him to Hitler.. wow 🤣. an extreme and completely exaggerated example, used to drive home an extreme view point regarding the morals of hoping someone dies and you know it. Really takes away from any sensible argument that you can make there.

Many countries haven't handled Corona as they should because it was a complete unknown, including the UK, Spain, France, Italy. It's a damned if you do , damned if you don't situation. If they had locked down completely with 0 cases and it barely touched the western population, everyone would be calling for their heads on the flip side, saying they messed up the economy unnecessarily. Any action is used as a weapon in politics anyway. 

On another note , if the timeline doesn't coincide and he went to rallies / interacted with many people, it's inexcusable... We'll see what happens with that.

• Like 1

Just now, LCFCCHRIS said:

Come on, comparing him to Hitler.. wow 🤣. an extreme and completely exaggerated example, used to drive home an extreme view point regarding the morals of hoping someone dies and you know it. Really takes away from any sensible argument that you can make there.

Many countries haven't handled Corona as they should because it was a complete unknown, including the UK, Spain, France, Italy. It's a damned if you do , damned if you don't situation. If they had locked down completely with 0 cases and it barely touched the western population, everyone would be calling for their heads on the flip side, saying they messed up the economy unnecessarily. Any action is used as a weapon in politics anyway. 

On another note , if the timeline doesn't coincide and he went to rallies / interacted with many people, it's inexcusable... We'll see what happens with that.

I was bringing up Hitler to refute your argument that nobody should wish death upon someone because of their politicial beliefs. And I think that's an incredibly strong contributor to the argument.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

I was bringing up Hitler to refute your argument that nobody should wish death upon someone because of their politicial beliefs. And I think that's an incredibly strong contributor to the argument.

Oh okay, fair enough.

But again, it's still an extreme example. We're talking modern day American politicians that aren't responsible for mass murder, haven't been convicted of a crime and probably currently wouldn't be if placed on a legitimate trial for anything. The fact that you don't agree with his 'social views' or any political views and see them as backwards doesn't warrant his death. There's plenty of politicians we all aren't keen on or dislike, a million arguments for why they are bad and we believe they will cause the demise of the country, but I guess that's why there's 8 year max in office, to limit what one person can do long term.

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some off the record stuff saying that trump isn’t doing as well as his doctor is saying ...

Trump and his team giving out false information about how he's doing to make him seem better than he his, never thought I'd see the day!

I'm not believing a word until he walks out the hospital or is declared dead.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some off the record stuff saying that trump isn’t doing as well as his doctor is saying ...

To be fair his tweeting has started again so he can't be that bad. 

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Highly doubt it. Not with this volatile climate and I've yet to see a former US president go to jail.

I think if he's beaten handsomely by Biden like polls are currently forecasting, he'll handover power ONLY based on the fact he gets presidential pardoning. Which Biden should just accept and move on.

For all those worried about him, it seems that the overwhelming probability is that he will not die. Even at his age the infection fatality rate is only thought to be ~4%.

While this sort of rate is high if applied to the population as a whole, it is still a relatively low risk for any particular individual, though of course not the sort of risk for which most of us would volunteer.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

To be fair his tweeting has started again so he can't be that bad. 

I think if he's beaten handsomely by Biden like polls are currently forecasting, he'll handover power ONLY based on the fact he gets presidential pardoning. Which Biden should just accept and move on.

If such a scenario occurs Biden wouldn't need to accept (and he absolutely shouldn't make the first act of his presidency one which casts a shadow over it) it because there'll be more than enough members of the military rubbing their hands together at the opportunity to righteously and forcibly remove him.  If you're concerned it might lead to civil war it's worth bearing in mind all the far-right militant types are only as active as they are right now because they keep telling themselves that the silent majority is supporting them, watch them shrivel away into irrelevance if Biden wins a landslide.

• Haha 1