Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Someone putting it all a bit more eloquently than I can:

"A lot of folks are understandably wondering whether Trump is faking his positive test in order to change the political narrative or gain sympathy, or just get out of the next debate then claim that he wasn’t all that sick and it’s not dangerous.

I don’t buy this, for three reasons.

First, all of his top campaign advisors and White House staff will now need to quarantine or will be side-lined during a crucial phase of the election with just over 30 days to go. He can’t hold big rallies, and his fundraising abilities are now badly hampered, which could hurt him big. There’s too much at stake for him and his team to be out of commission.

Second, this could spook the markets, which are the only thing Trump can point to still holding up in the economy. If investors decide that the uncertainty around this is one step too far, there goes the recovery rally. Trump does NOT want to panic those people, as we know.

Third, he was desperate to change the narrative away from the pandemic towards anything else—race riots, the Supreme Court, the economic recovery—but this puts it squarely back into sharp focus. All we will talk about until he is either better or incapacitated is the virus. That is a disaster for Trump.

So no, I don’t think he is lying and doing some kind of 4D chess. If he is, then he is even dumber than we already know him to be, which is pretty hard. What I DO worry about is that he will figure out a way to come out being sympathetic, so that any attacks upon him now seem callous or unwarranted given his diagnosis. We have to see how Biden plays this, but I imagine it will not be to come out mocking or triumphant. Best to let the press do its job of asking Kayleigh McEneny what the White House’s position now is on masks, social distancing, indoor rallies, and a national plan."

You’re making the mistake of thinking he needs to legitimately win to stay in power 

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

"No one gets Covid-19 better than me. No President before me had Covid-19 like I did. Doctors are impressed. They can't believe I caught Covid-19 so well. They say I have the best Covid-19 ever. No one has a better Covid-19 symptoms like i do."

The terrible garbage press have this sick agenda against Covid. Believe me, it always gets huuuge bad press from fake journalists, where's the praise when it does the best assasination of a US President ever?

36 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seems a bit strange considering he only tested positive yesterday.

He's 74, morbidly obese and never exercises. I'm amazed he wasn't in hospital prior to catching covid.

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Trump off to hospital now.

50 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Seems a bit strange considering he only tested positive yesterday.

Helicopter outside White House.

Most elaborate hoax from the cronies on the left ever. 

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's 74, morbidly obese and never exercises. I'm amazed he wasn't in hospital prior to catching covid.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Milo said:

But those are all logical reasons why he shouldn't be faking it.

Which apply not one jot when second guessing the looney in question. 

Fair point well made. It's not like the polls are looking good for him and perhaps desperation has spawned this idea. It's a pretty bad one if that's the case, though.

6 hours ago, Monk said:

You’re making the mistake of thinking he needs to legitimately win to stay in power 

Also a fair point, but I don't think this helps him in that regard, either. Doesn't exactly make him look tough in the way a "strongman" has to.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Surely in these days of minute scrutiny, the yanks couldn’t stage something like this.

They could, when so many people are prepared to either not scrutinise or ignore the evidence in favour of their own narrative. Scrutiny, after all, only matters when the source doing the scrutinising is thought to be trustworthy.

That being said, as above, if it is all staged it isn't a good move, for a variety of reasons.

37 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Surely in these days of minute scrutiny, the yanks couldn’t stage something like this.

I was in this camp until it started spreading across the Republican Party. It's not through. There's a developing line of transfer.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Nah, it would leak one or another and as others said, that's a big, big gamble, even for him.

If there's a suspicion, it would be why the symptoms are developing so fast in Trump's case. I know he's an old, fat blob with no healthy way of life whatsoever but still...

He got it, sadly infecting other people in the process. Let's hope he'll get at a couple of weeks in hell at the very least. 

24 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Bit weird people revelling in the illness of someone. It's a horrible way to die for anybody.

I don't think it's staged either. He kinda looks scared and he tweeted about love to everyone etc. Feel like he's worried.

I think it's very human to wish someone else the same amount of compassion and grace that they have given to others, frankly. Sinful? yes. Understandable? 100%.

Edited by UPinCarolina

2 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think it's very human to wish someone else the same amount of compassion and grace that they have given to others, frankly. Sinful? yes. Understandable? 100%.

Really not understandable in my eyes to wish death on someone based on a political view. Trump may say some crazy things but has he openly ever talked about wanting someone to die or suffer extreme medical discomfort?

33 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Really not understandable in my eyes to wish death on someone based on a political view. Trump may say some crazy things but has he openly ever talked about wanting someone to die or suffer extreme medical discomfort?

Yep. Google the Central Park Five.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yep. Google the Central Park Five.

Just had a look. Had never heard of that. But it seems he was advocating for the death penalty on the belief that those men had brutally raped and almost killed a woman. A different kettle of fish. I'm sure many even nowadays would agree to the death penalty for such a crime. 

Technically you were right about calling for death though. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
Clarification

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Really not understandable in my eyes to wish death on someone based on a political view.

Right okay. So you'd have been disgusted by people who wanted Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Mao to die? By people who want Putin to die?

Donald Trump's complete disregard for science, and the fact that he values wealth over life, has lead to thousands of people dying unnecessarily. His social views are dragging his country back decades. He is the most powerful man in the world and he is doing damage to the planet every second he is in office. One of the only valid reasons to wish death on someone is their political views if they either hold a position of power, conceivably will hold positions of power or are influential enough to change the views of people who do. I hope, for the sake of all of us, he suffers the same fate that thousands of Americans have because of his reckless disregard for the lives of others.

• Like 4