Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

he definitely had symptoms.  drop in oxygen on day 2 isn't that common although there will not be too much research on patients that soon into the illness. . apparently he fought off the fever quite quickly but we have no idea if this is being controlled via drugs.  he is clearly puffing. they have stuck various treatments into him way ahead of when they would usually be used. if he doesn't suffer a  relapse over the next few days i will be amazed. if he turns up for the debate next week i will be even more amazed.  ask anyone who has had notable symptoms of this and how they felt for a few weeks afterwards - a live debate is not something that would be top of their list end week 2!

• Like 1

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/

Latest figures - now 83-17 in Biden's favour. Possibly driven by:

Texas - Trump + 2.8% (0.8% swing to Biden from last Friday)

Iowa - Trump + 2.7% (0.4% swing to Trump)

Georgia - Trump +0.8% (0.4% swing to Biden)

North Carolina - Biden +1.2% (0.6% swing to Biden)

Ohio - Biden +0.0% (0.6% swing to Trump)

Florida - Biden + 1.8% (0.1% swing to Biden)

Arizona - Biden + 2.9% (0.3% swing to Biden)

Pennsylvania - Biden + 5.6% (0.5% swing to Biden)

So not only is Trump not making many dents in the lead in five states he must win, Biden is actually increasing his lead in four of them.

Edited by leicsmac

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

His makeup is thicker than ever. Just look at the edge of the hairline where his natural skin colour is pale and unhealthy because he has a borderline heart condition. I don't suppose he has to bother about cleaning makeup off all his white shirts, as someone else will do that for him!

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

So not only is Trump not making many dents in the lead in five states he must win, Biden is actually increasing his lead in four of them.

I think it's quite obvious at this stage that Trump won't, democratically at least, be President on January 21st 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

he definitely had symptoms.  drop in oxygen on day 2 isn't that common although there will not be too much research on patients that soon into the illness. . apparently he fought off the fever quite quickly but we have no idea if this is being controlled via drugs.  he is clearly puffing. they have stuck various treatments into him way ahead of when they would usually be used. if he doesn't suffer a  relapse over the next few days i will be amazed. if he turns up for the debate next week i will be even more amazed.  ask anyone who has had notable symptoms of this and how they felt for a few weeks afterwards - a live debate is not something that would be top of their list end week 2!

Anyone who has asthma, COPD or any other respiratory illness will attest to the effect of steroids. They can make you feel like you've fully recovered. Problem is that they have a short half-life (the length of time it stays in your system) and then it's a drop off the cliff until you get another prescription. I'm sure Trumps medical team will keep him dosed up. Steroids are generally a short term drug and humans don't tolerate them well when prolonged over time so it's likely he will only need them for 7-14 days. However his claim of being "cured" after 3 days is misleading.

8 hours ago, leicsmac said:

If Biden can win Florida and Pennsylvania, is that essentially game over for Trump, corruption aside?

9 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

I think it's quite obvious at this stage that Trump won't, democratically at least, be President on January 21st 

It's all on whether the system holds or not. Personally, I think it will, but I have my doubts.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

If Biden can win Florida and Pennsylvania, is that essentially game over for Trump, corruption aside?

Only needs one of those two - indeed, only needs one out of five from FL, PA, AZ, OH or NC.

Edited by leicsmac

2 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont think he is losing but,  if by some grace of american voters he does then i wonder if he will run in 2024 (if he is still around). Yikes.

I did think this. Trump candidacy 2024 I would not be surprised by. Not even if it's not Donald as the Trump on the ticket.

Like, if he gets utterly humped in the electoral college, say 400-170 for hypothetical reasons, surely the man cannot try and cling onto power by using civil unrest and the Supreme Court? I can imagine if it's close, but if it's a landslide?

If he does go and act like a sore loser, it'll be interesting to see what the Republicans do. Do they try and mop up and lurch back from the anti-democratic, racist demagoguery that they unleashed on us, or is this their future?

The latest John Oliver piece on the election is great for some extra info:

• Mail in ballots at a record high... these won't be counted for a long time as a result of the sheer numbers being cast
  • Trump supporters more likely to vote in person than Dems - Hence the constant attempts to delegitimise the mail-in ballots
  • This means DT could take early lead and try to declare victory as mail-in vote results trickle in
  • Actual counting of election ballots could take weeks, may not get winner till end of November

It will be genuinely interesting to see which way it goes. Will he just slink off with a sore ego, or will he actually, genuinely engage his batshit supporters to take to the streets, and try to get the SC to keep him in power? Where do you go from there as the country slides slowly away from the democracy it claims to have at its core?

Edited by Footballwipe

8 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I did think this. Trump candidacy 2024 I would not be surprised by. Not even if it's not Donald as the Trump on the ticket.

Like, if he gets utterly humped in the electoral college, say 400-170 for hypothetical reasons, surely the man cannot try and cling onto power by using civil unrest and the Supreme Court? I can imagine if it's close, but if it's a landslide?

If he does go and act like a sore loser, it'll be interesting to see what the Republicans do. Do they try and mop up and lurch back from the anti-democratic, racist demagoguery that they unleashed on us, or is this their future?

The latest John Oliver piece on the election is great for some extra info:

• Mail in ballots at a record high... these won't be counted for a long time as a result of the sheer numbers being cast
  • Trump supporters more likely to vote in person than Dems - Hence the constant attempts to delegitimise the mail-in ballots
  • This means DT could take early lead and try to declare victory as mail-in vote results trickle in
  • Actual counting of election ballots could take weeks, may not get winner till end of November

It will be genuinely interesting to see which way it goes. Will he just slink off with a sore ego, or will he actually, genuinely engage his batshit supporters to take to the streets, and try to get the SC to keep him in power? Where do you go from there as the country slides slowly away from the democracy it claims to have at its core?

It's certainly possible that he could decide to take things to the limit. As you say, the margin between him and Biden will have a key part to play there - if it turns out Biden is actually ahead of him on election day as well as in mail-ins then he's toast, there's not much he can do from that. If it's closer and/or he's ahead on election day, however, all bets are off.

That all being said, I can't see him actually properly subverting the democratic process - like, genuinely nicking the election through nullifying mail-in voting in the Supreme Court and winning solely because of that - and getting away with it clean. At the very least, there would be civil unrest every single day and the Dems, having taken the House and Senate (which they likely will) would utterly hamstring him policy-wise.

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

VP: Pence is "proud of the administration's record on the environment and conservation and he says that air is historically clean".

I would accuse the guy of being delusional but then he's a fundie so that's hardly a new thing.

And VP to the ultimate deluder. 

A bLeSsInG FrOm GoD. 

I bet it wasn't a blessing for the 200,000+ Americans who've already died from it or their families, Donald.

At best, he sounds like one of those bent televangelists raking in millions from the working-class. At worst, he sounds completely deluded. He's one step away from proclaiming he was sent down by the big man himself.

I like Kamala harris compared to any of the 3 others (biden, trump, pence). .Think she would have been best option if these were the choices. Strikes the right balance for me. She's also easier on the eyes then the dudes no doubt (not that it matters).