Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Anecdotally, Biden has a staggering advantage in advertising over here in the last month or two. On TV, it feels like it is 10 Biden ads for every 1 Trump ad. I can't even imagine what it's like in Florida where Bloomberg is spending 100M USD on Biden's campaign.

In other news, crazy right wing terrorists tried to kidnap / execute my governor:
https://apnews.com/article/michigan-checks-and-balances-archive-gretchen-whitmer-da09ca66cd8d5f36722021d3593425ff

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Biden is miles ahead in the polls to the point where Texas is looking 50/50. 

It's just going to make it even more gut wrenching when Trump fudges another electoral college win, surely not?

All logic says a Biden and democrat clean sweep but the ghosts of 2016 still haunt us.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Biden is miles ahead in the polls to the point where Texas is looking 50/50. 

It's just going to make it even more gut wrenching when Trump fudges another electoral college win, surely not?

All logic says a Biden and democrat clean sweep but the ghosts of 2016 still haunt us.

To expand on this, latest:

Texas - Trump + 3.0% (0.2% swing to Trump from a week ago)

Iowa - Trump + 0.8% (1.9% swing to Biden)

Georgia - Trump +0.8% (no change)

North Carolina - Biden +2.4% (1.2% swing to Biden)

Ohio - Biden +0.2% (0.2% swing to Biden)

Florida - Biden + 3.9% (2.1% swing to Biden)

Arizona - Biden + 2.9% (no change)

Pennsylvania - Biden + 6.5% (0.9% swing to Biden)

That's some serious swings in FL, NC and IA over the last week. And bear in mind, once again, that Trump needs to win all of the above while losing no others to win - Biden just needs one of these while holding all others.

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

The way the world is going i am preparing for another 4 years of Trump. If it happens at least my doom and gloom self wont be surprised.  If it doesn't,  @leicsmac can call me a [email protected]  you can do that  now lol

lol Honestly man, if it's known on Election Day (hopefully) or a bit later (could get messy) that Biden has won by the degree forecasted by the pollsters, I'll not be inclined to celebrate or go "told you so" at all.

There will be no exultance from me. Only profound, exhausted relief - and the hope that the absolutely necessary work on climate change etc starts to get done.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

lol Honestly man, if it's known on Election Day (hopefully) or a bit later (could get messy) that Biden has won by the degree forecasted by the pollsters, I'll not be inclined to celebrate or go "told you so" at all.

There will be no exultance from me. Only profound, exhausted relief - and the hope that the absolutely necessary work on climate change etc starts to get done.

Deep down i beg of you to make this happen.

Edited by Jattdogg

On 14/10/2020 at 01:52, Jattdogg said:

The way the world is going i am preparing for another 4 years of Trump. If it happens at least my doom and gloom self wont be surprised.  If it doesn't,  @leicsmac can call me a [email protected]  you can do that  now lol

As he's now immortal, I can imagine he'll be supreme dictator for life.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I am Rod Hull said:

This is basically the daily mail or the national enquirer. Nobody should be taking this story seriously. 

...if a redux of "BUT HUR EMAILZZZZZ" sourced and distributed by a Murdoch-run tabloid (rather than an announcement of an FBI investigation like in 2016) is the best that the Trump team can do for an "October Surprise" this time round then it's not likely to be good enough, quite frankly.

Incidentally, it would be a good idea to point out the utter hypocrisy of Repubs when it comes to corruption and freedom of speech in matters like this if the Repubs themselves didn't then simply ignore it and continue with what they were doing in the first place. They don't care about being hypocrites, they care about getting their stuff done.

NB. Interesting stat (unsourced, however) is that in 2016 there were around 20% undecideds at this point of the race. This time round, there's somewhere between 5-10%, if that. Which solidifies the polling figures IMO.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lionator said:

It’s so ironic that Republicans are kicking off about this after the pure corruption Trump has gotten away with over the past few years. 

Similar irony as to how devout Christians seem to have chosen probably the most immoral deviant president ever to hold office as their hill to die on. Just baffling stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Similar irony as to how devout Christians seem to have chosen probably the most immoral deviant president ever to hold office as their hill to die on. Just baffling stuff.

"Grab them by the pu$**. You can do anything"

Whats so immoral about that?!??!

On 16/10/2020 at 01:19, leicsmac said:

...if a redux of "BUT HUR EMAILZZZZZ" sourced and distributed by a Murdoch-run tabloid (rather than an announcement of an FBI investigation like in 2016) is the best that the Trump team can do for an "October Surprise" this time round then it's not likely to be good enough, quite frankly.

Incidentally, it would be a good idea to point out the utter hypocrisy of Repubs when it comes to corruption and freedom of speech in matters like this if the Repubs themselves didn't then simply ignore it and continue with what they were doing in the first place. They don't care about being hypocrites, they care about getting their stuff done.

NB. Interesting stat (unsourced, however) is that in 2016 there were around 20% undecideds at this point of the race. This time round, there's somewhere between 5-10%, if that. Which solidifies the polling figures IMO.

The less undecided voters there are, the better that is for Biden.

Know its not exactly a neutral source but found this interesting from Channel 4 on Trump's 2016 tactics which were basically undemocratic, 20 min video is worth a watch:

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-strategy-to-deter-millions-of-black-americans-from-voting-in-2016

Edited by Nalis

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

The less undecided voters there are, the better that is for Biden.

Know its not exactly a neutral source but found this interesting from Channel 4 on Trump's 2016 tactics which were basically undemocratic, 20 min video is worth a watch:

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-strategy-to-deter-millions-of-black-americans-from-voting-in-2016

Voter suppression has been a thing that the Repubs have relied upon for some time now - this is just the tip of the iceberg. It is undemocratic, but at the same time pointing that out, like pointing out the hypocrisy, doesn't really matter because the Repub political leaders aren't interested in moral reputation - they're interested in winning and the power that comes with it. It's like pointing out the sharp poker player who uses all the "legal" angles they can and rakes it in at the table; at the end of the day, you either back away from the table or you find a way to beat them.

Which, down to a helping hand from Trump himself on various matters, the Dems may have found a way this time round.

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/8-tips-to-stay-sane-in-the-final-15-days-of-the-campaign/

Nate's Liver with some more astute observations. Particularly point number 4.

I reckon Nate's brain might have had more impact on those astute observations, Mac, though I've no knowledge of his drinking habits. ;)

• Haha 1