Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

Really, anyone wishing death on him or revelling in his illness, are no better than he is.

By all means hope that justice catches up with him, or that he loses his power, but anyone wishing death upon another human cannot call themselves better than anyone.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Really, anyone wishing death on him or revelling in his illness, are no better than he is.

By all means hope that justice catches up with him, or that he loses his power, but anyone wishing death upon another human cannot call themselves better than anyone.

Meh,
I hope he gets all the care and compassion he has shown to the children locked in cages, the POC who have been murdered by police and anyone poor in the US.

• Like 1

He's a fascist in the literal sense of the word. He's eroding the foundations of our democracy and is engaging in an explicit scheme to subvert our election:

- Casting doubt on mail in ballots during a pandemic, in an election where his party is overwhelmingly less likely to vote by mail. 

- Kneecapping the US postal system so they struggle with delivering additional ballots.

- Not committing to a peaceful transfer of power.

- Telling his supporters to vote twice

- Telling his supporters to show up to poll watch (basically a dog whistle to intimate black folks at the polls. A time honored tradition of the Jim crow era)

- Saying the election should be decided on Nov 3rd (election day) even though he knows mail in ballots will take weeks to count.

- Saying that if he wins, he probably deserves a third (unconstitutional) term

But yeah... It would be totally terrible to hope the guy dies

• Like 1

Wouldn't surprise me if he did know he had the virus/showed symptoms yet carried on as normal to do the debate. It just personifies how selfish and ignorant he is. Puts his family at risk, his staff, his entourage. Doesn't care one iota about anyone else but himself. In fact it does surprise me, knowing he had symptoms and that it could have been Covid-19, that he didn't walk up to Biden and just cough in his face halfway through it. 

Also, I think there's a difference between 'wishing death' on someone and maybe seeing a despicable man suffer so much that he never comes out of hospital. Albeit subtle. 

'I wish he dies' is savage. 

'he's in hospital with a serious condition? Oh well' 

I personally would rather see him suffer at the hands of the law but I think we've seen that really isn't going to actually happen given how much he's got away with so far in his presidency, or before. He's a vile man with no care for his words or actions. I also wouldn't be shocked if there'll be millions of Americans who celebrate his death like when Thatcher died here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he did know he had the virus/showed symptoms yet carried on as normal to do the debate. It just personifies how selfish and ignorant he is. Puts his family at risk, his staff, his entourage. Doesn't care one iota about anyone else but himself. In fact it does surprise me, knowing he had symptoms and that it could have been Covid-19, that he didn't walk up to Biden and just cough in his face halfway through it. 

Also, I think there's a difference between 'wishing death' on someone and maybe seeing a despicable man suffer so much that he never comes out of hospital. Albeit subtle. 

'I wish he dies' is savage. 

'he's in hospital with a serious condition? Oh well' 

I personally would rather see him suffer at the hands of the law but I think we've seen that really isn't going to actually happen given how much he's got away with so far in his presidency, or before. He's a vile man with no care for his words or actions. I also wouldn't be shocked if there'll be millions of Americans who celebrate his death like when Thatcher died here. 

So you based your whole opinion of trump on “it wouldn’t surprise me if”

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I mean I just think that's horseshit but even if you do think that you'd have to concede that we're a whole lot less dangerous than he is.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

as pointed out this morning by ex ambassador Meyer, a recovered trump can enter the final three weeks of the campaign shouting that he confronted covid and came out on top ......‘ I looked that beast in the eyes and I beat it .......who are you gonna vote for , sleepy joe or me’?  

And the natural reply would be "perhaps not the guy that survived due to top-of-the-line healthcare but has 214,000 people (and counting) dead on his watch because he didn't take it seriously in the first place".

Edited by leicsmac

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

And the natural reply would be "perhaps not the guy that survived due to top-of-the-line healthcare but has 214,000 people (and counting) dead on his watch because he didn't take it seriously in the first place".

We’re talking about emotional campaigning....... enough floating voters may find that rhetoric attractive ...... we aren’t talking about well balanced intelligent people are we?  They wouldn’t be entertaining voting for him in any case 

Just now, st albans fox said:

We’re talking about emotional campaigning....... enough floating voters may find that rhetoric attractive ...... we aren’t talking about well balanced intelligent people are we?  They wouldn’t be entertaining voting for him in any case 

Fair point well made.

However, I honestly don't think there are many floating voters left now, even with all of this happening. Most everyone has come down on one side or another.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Fair point well made.

However, I honestly don't think there are many floating voters left now, even with all of this happening. Most everyone has come down on one side or another.

Never underestimate the unstable ....... I bet there are enough who could still change their mind in the swing states .....

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Never underestimate the unstable ....... I bet there are enough who could still change their mind in the swing states .....

I don't think so, not right now based on current evidence. But we're only going to know for sure in about five weeks.

On 03/10/2020 at 03:27, LCFCCHRIS said:

Really not understandable in my eyes to wish death on someone based on a political view. Trump may say some crazy things but has he openly ever talked about wanting someone to die or suffer extreme medical discomfort?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sadly I think this was deadly predictable 

'don't be afraid of COVID' was always bound to happen as he survived on the best medical care received within hours/days of getting a positive test. 

He faces the most dangerous period from Wednesday to Friday ....I assume that the detailed medical care he is receiving will alert his doctors to the first indication his immune system may be attacking him ....The course of medicines he is on will also help ... he isn’t through this yet and he may suffer some fatigue consequences which may not be so easy so shake off 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sadly I think this was deadly predictable 

'don't be afraid of COVID' was always bound to happen as he survived on the best medical care received within hours/days of getting a positive test. 

What dors I feel better than i did 20 years ago have anything to do with it lol. Man the guy could literally say eating his anus would cure all cancers and illnesses and his supporters would be lining  up for all you can eat buffets

7 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

What makes you draw that conclusion?

he is a long way behind in national and key state polls. he is getting further behind not closer. people said his last chance was in the debates na the lost the first one. theres not much time left. there is no way he can win now imo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, martyn said:

He didnt look too great on the White House balcony, was gasping for air. 

I'm assuming it was due to the stairs he climbed to reach that point, but he did look extremely uncomfortable. I would not be surprised if he returned to Walter Reed in worse condition than before in a few days, primarily because I believe he went against the wishes of his medical team when he left the hospital for the White House. Hubris is a helluva drug.

5 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I'm assuming it was due to the stairs he climbed to reach that point, but he did look extremely uncomfortable. I would not be surprised if he returned to Walter Reed in worse condition than before in a few days, primarily because I believe he went against the wishes of his medical team when he left the hospital for the White House. Hubris is a helluva drug.

Or he’d been pumped full of some drug that opens your air ways up and they didn’t realise he was going to attempt to do a speech next to a massive great helicopter 

Edited by yorkie1999

Guy is an utter cvnt of the highest order.

Total disregard for other peoples lives. Me, me, me.   Not surprised though. Incoming covid champion of covid. "Nobody knows more about covid than i do"

Probably going to release a China Slayer hat or something for his reelection campaign. Bet Mitch was first in line (on his knees) to buy one.

Edited by Jattdogg