Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Finally.

My bottle of champagne is ready. Rona, don't disappoint us.

Fingers crossed this has a happy ending. Coronavirus could end up with a positive approval rating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's a ploy, he'll come out all macho and say it's just a cold, I've beaten it, look how great I am. 

No, but I don't think its helpful to get into the habit of instantly jumping to conspiracy theories.

People said the same about Boris, that he didn't really need to go into hospital/ICU, it was just a ploy to scare the population. But he was clearly really Ill (and by some accounts is still struggling with post-viral fatigue) and the nurses at the hospital said they'd have moved anyone into ICU in that condition.

You could be right but I don't think it's healthy to instantly start jumping on conspiracy theories rather than taking it at face value. They'll be plenty of doctors and people at the White House who'd be coming out soon if the test wasn't in official records.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's a ploy, he'll come out all macho and say it's just a cold, I've beaten it, look how great I am. 

Just now, Sampson said:

No, but I don't think its helpful to get into the habit of instantly jumping to conspiracy theories.

People said the same about Boris, that he didn't really need to go into hospital/ICU, it was just a ploy to scare the population. But he was clearly really Ill (and by some accounts is still struggling with post-viral fatigue) and the nurses at the hospital said they'd have moved anyone into ICU in that condition.

You could be right but I don't think it's healthy to instantly start jumping on conspiracy theories rather than taking it at face value. They'll be plenty of doctors and people at the White House who'd be coming out soon if the test wasn't in official records.

As was said upstream, it's possible, but if it is a ploy it's a risky one because the political captial he loses from not taking part in the debates and the image he loses from appearing weak enough to get it in the first place might overshadow any positive story of him "beating" it.

Don't like to wish death on people  so hopefully he and his wife are fine.

It is of course a convenient time to get it but we just won't ever know if its a lie or unfortunate timing. 

I can't see how he wont use this though to say "see its not that bad".

Hope biden and his team are okay.

Someone putting it all a bit more eloquently than I can:

"A lot of folks are understandably wondering whether Trump is faking his positive test in order to change the political narrative or gain sympathy, or just get out of the next debate then claim that he wasn’t all that sick and it’s not dangerous.

I don’t buy this, for three reasons.

First, all of his top campaign advisors and White House staff will now need to quarantine or will be side-lined during a crucial phase of the election with just over 30 days to go. He can’t hold big rallies, and his fundraising abilities are now badly hampered, which could hurt him big. There’s too much at stake for him and his team to be out of commission.

Second, this could spook the markets, which are the only thing Trump can point to still holding up in the economy. If investors decide that the uncertainty around this is one step too far, there goes the recovery rally. Trump does NOT want to panic those people, as we know.

Third, he was desperate to change the narrative away from the pandemic towards anything else—race riots, the Supreme Court, the economic recovery—but this puts it squarely back into sharp focus. All we will talk about until he is either better or incapacitated is the virus. That is a disaster for Trump.

So no, I don’t think he is lying and doing some kind of 4D chess. If he is, then he is even dumber than we already know him to be, which is pretty hard. What I DO worry about is that he will figure out a way to come out being sympathetic, so that any attacks upon him now seem callous or unwarranted given his diagnosis. We have to see how Biden plays this, but I imagine it will not be to come out mocking or triumphant. Best to let the press do its job of asking Kayleigh McEneny what the White House’s position now is on masks, social distancing, indoor rallies, and a national plan."
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Not going there, got told off last time...

With his luck he’ll probably have passed it on to Biden who will pop off, while Trump is asymptomatic.

Well, I do and I don't even feel ashamed one bit. If he doesn't kick the bucket, I hope that he goes through hell before he recovers. I wish his wife and son as well as his entourage well though.

That's my biggest fear, we'll never hear the end of it and his supporters will be fired up more than ever.

• Like 2

Surprised to see the BBC defending Trump with fake news, specifically the claim in this article that he never actually called the virus a hoax, he merely claimed it was being politicised and we're all confused.  Well he 100% did call it a hoax, later in that very same talk that the BBC cite as the source of confusion, a bit after the lines they mention he told us it was "their new hoax" (see video below).

https://youtu.be/G5TZ6fTYrsE

Edited by Carl the Llama
Trying to get the video to embed but I can't...
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Will really set the cat among the pigeons when CCTV footage emerges of Putin smearing coronavirus on the White House door handle....

Are they really 'great friends' of each other, or is that a smokescreen for both of them to say it publically when in fact they/their countries are both enemies to each other..? :dunno:

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

You’re not the only one . If provoking a civil war has been rumbled then a flirtation with his arch nemesis might just pull the irons out of the fire lol by Polling day 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Are they really 'great friends' of each other, or is that a smokescreen for both of them to say it publically when in fact they/their countries are both enemies to each other..? :dunno:

They aren't friends, but one of them really respects the other.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Someone putting it all a bit more eloquently than I can:

"A lot of folks are understandably wondering whether Trump is faking his positive test in order to change the political narrative or gain sympathy, or just get out of the next debate then claim that he wasn’t all that sick and it’s not dangerous.

I don’t buy this, for three reasons.

First, all of his top campaign advisors and White House staff will now need to quarantine or will be side-lined during a crucial phase of the election with just over 30 days to go. He can’t hold big rallies, and his fundraising abilities are now badly hampered, which could hurt him big. There’s too much at stake for him and his team to be out of commission.

Second, this could spook the markets, which are the only thing Trump can point to still holding up in the economy. If investors decide that the uncertainty around this is one step too far, there goes the recovery rally. Trump does NOT want to panic those people, as we know.

Third, he was desperate to change the narrative away from the pandemic towards anything else—race riots, the Supreme Court, the economic recovery—but this puts it squarely back into sharp focus. All we will talk about until he is either better or incapacitated is the virus. That is a disaster for Trump.

So no, I don’t think he is lying and doing some kind of 4D chess. If he is, then he is even dumber than we already know him to be, which is pretty hard. What I DO worry about is that he will figure out a way to come out being sympathetic, so that any attacks upon him now seem callous or unwarranted given his diagnosis. We have to see how Biden plays this, but I imagine it will not be to come out mocking or triumphant. Best to let the press do its job of asking Kayleigh McEneny what the White House’s position now is on masks, social distancing, indoor rallies, and a national plan."

But those are all logical reasons why he shouldn't be faking it.

Which apply not one jot when second guessing the looney in question.