Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

This is the mentality you're having to fight against.

More concerned with "MY RIGHTS" and the idea that their 'freedom' is unique or even that they have that much freedom in the first place, than with following extremely simple and easy guidelines that could save lives. Even after 250,000 of their fellow Americans are ****ing dead.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This is the mentality you're having to fight against.

More concerned with "MY RIGHTS" and the idea that their 'freedom' is unique or even that they have that much freedom in the first place, than with following extremely simple and easy guidelines that could save lives. Even after 250,000 of their fellow Americans are ****ing dead.

They honestly, for the most part, think the notion of freedom in all circumstances (not even the reality, as you say, but just the notion) is worth dying for.

I wonder how many of them stick to that belief so hard when such freedom brings the consequences it often does and their time, or that of someone they truly care about, looks like it has come? Not many, I would guess.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

When he starts asking for proof, you know Fox are turning against you. The more Trump sides with those other two "news networks" (which is laughable as they are like Breitbart on TV), the more the Pro Trump articles slip down their page. 

Screenshot 2020-11-20 at 08.36.32.png

I can only assume that someone high up in Newscorp/ Murdoch has twigged how Fox and Friends is massively damaging their brand and stooges like Hannity, Carlson and Dobbs see that post Trump they have no future 

27 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

They honestly, for the most part, think the notion of freedom in all circumstances (not even the reality, as you say, but just the notion) is worth dying for.

I wonder how many of them stick to that belief so hard when such freedom brings the consequences it often does and their time, or that of someone they truly care about, looks like it has come? Not many, I would guess.

The funny thing is the call themselves the land of the free, but look at other nations, like Canada with assisted suicide, or the UK with gambling or the Netherlands with its drug and prostitution laws. I mean we have freedom in different areas, but the aren't some stand alone bastion of freedom.

I'm not saying they aren't free, but there are other free countries and they may not be the most free of them all.

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont buy that. Trump is gone. In 4 years they will still vote republican, still vote for the same guys. If trump is the candidate in 4 years they would all suck up anyways and people would forget. Heck of they overlook Trump as it is.... lol

FWIW IMO

70 million voted this time around for the most corrupt, embarassing , incompetent and ludicrous president of pretty much any country in the world right now. He has found a way to tap in to a reservoir of visceral loathing of liberal values and become a focus for the polarisation of American society . That is the impression created within the twitter sphere anyway- I'm not so sure that is  how most Americans see things. Republicanism is a broad church and its values shouldn't necessarily be conflated with those of trump and his well placed enablers, plenty of voters would have ticked the Biden box but turned to Republican candidates elsewhere, unarguably enough to get Trump (almost) defenestrated.. from the WH.

Obama and Biden are impressive figures but a lot of voters still associate Democratic government as flabby, ineffective and "doing nothing for me" (albeit hamstrung by Republican majorities). This is a malaise and a blight on public life that will take some turning around in the world of tweeting and my " voice needs to be heard"

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The funny thing is the call themselves the land of the free, but look at other nations, like Canada with assisted suicide, or the UK with gambling or the Netherlands with its drug and prostitution laws. I mean we have freedom in different areas, but the aren't some stand alone bastion of freedom.

I'm not saying they aren't free, but there are other free countries and they may not be the most free of them all.

Yeah, it's the notion of freedom, not the real deal.

It would be sad if such beliefs weren't so directly threatening to anyone in their way, to the environmental future of the Earth, and, ultimately, to those who hold them too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

They're free to experience the worst excesses of capitalism with hollow worker’s rights and very little support offered to the poorest of citizens, no matter how hard they work. 

I work primarily in corporate pensions/insurance and some of our clients are American companies. Some of our contacts will respond in what would be the middle of the night/early morning for them and are gobsmacked when they’re often told that their employees won’t necessarily require health insurance over here as the NHS will cover it. Don’t get me wrong the things the country has and continues to create and innovate are amazing, but half the time the stuff you hear makes you glad you were born on this side of the pond.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Isn't there something like "Your freedom ends where mine begins"? How can some people, especially the educated ones, fail to grasp this very simple concept? 

The whole thing about Covid (and masks) is about to protect the others, not only you. You can be healthy, young and don't catch it or only have mild to no symptoms but the next one might not be so lucky. This isn't restricted to the US, mind. Here in Germany we also have enough of nutcases and Covidiots. Last week in Berlin, the police had to use water cannons to disperse Covid deniers. Not because of the message, but because none of them was wearing a mask nor keeping a minimum of distance from each other.

The thickness or better said, the appalling selfishness of these people make me unbelievably angry.

Edited by That_Dude

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Canada has assisted suicide?  Give us some of that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

In many ways, I think America isn't truly a nation at all, just a loose confederation of states with their own wildly differing laws.

It became very apparent when I was hiking there because I routinely carry a knife (for camping purposes, not self-defence) and the laws were different in every state. In California for example, iirc, open carry was permitted (ie wearing it on a belt) but having it hidden was an offense. In some other states the opposite applied, in others it was banned altogether. A bloody nightmare, tbh. Same with marajuana laws now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’ll be honest, I would have much preferred he was lured on a trophy hunt in Africa with a gun that fired springbok pheromones to attract lions, rather than COVID, but I’m excited either way. 

Yeah, me too. Lions are a much better option given his age and health tbh.