Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, hopefully the 'arrogant' mantle can be given a break for a few days now.

Fair comment. He reacted much more quickly to events this evening and made the necessary change. I can understand people wanted more game time for Cengiz (think there may be a thread somewhere 😂) and Barnes but I think giving Perez a start and more time was shrewd too. He needs confidence and we need him for depth. So a top evening all round and credit to Brendan. 

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

There's a hatred/mistrust of Brendan that I don't really understand. I was one of the earliest anti Puel types but I don't remember at any time him getting the same stick Brendan does. we were told we should be happy with 12th and a lot of people accepted that. We've been in the top 6 solidly for a year, we're through in Europe. It doesn't make sense to me.

That doesn't mean he should be above criticism, but just get it in proportion.

I think that is a bit of use of the old rose coloured retrospectroscope to be honest. Puel had far worse than BR. 

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think that is a bit of use of the old rose coloured retrospectroscope to be honest. Puel had far worse than BR. 

Must have been while I wasn't here. I felt like a lone voice some days.

5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

No, I don't think so, relative to results, BR has had it much worse than Puel

He's also had a lot more praise for his big results and Puel had some excellent one-offs against Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City and a draw at Liverpool.

For the criticism he does receive, he's still far more popular than Puel ever was.

• Like 2

Playing devils advocate a little bit.. but what if this was all planned, in the game where we’d have more possession went with the more creative threats of madders and Perez behind vardy to break them down with real width provided by JJ and Albrighton to get round their 3 atb. 

and he is saving Barnes and Ünder for the Everton game where the out and out wingers can attack whichever CB’s Everton put in the FB positions? Under against Godfrey is mouthwatering. And also allows us to play 3 in midfield to match up with Everton’s 3 playing 4-3-3. 

just a thought, but a lot of games so rest and rotation are necessary to keep the team fresh to play every couple of days. 

Imagine it’ll be back to 3/ 5 at the back for the Spurs and Man U games with one of Barnes or Ünder with someone else (Madders / Praet / Perez) supporting Vardy to catch them on the counter. 

43 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

EA429554-A9BC-4980-9B9E-87D72A2DD7C5.jpeg.f9d36ecdad57ab57dc051aac448f8298.jpeg

Rodgers: The Day The Pope Met Me

In the third extract from his forthcoming autobiography, Brendan Rodgers describes the day the Pope had the honour of meeting him. 

Pope Francis asked me, "Son, how do you gain the adoration of the masses?". I replied, "Well, Francis, you just change to a back four". 

55 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Well at least tonight shows he isn’t as stubborn as people make him out to be .  Seen 5 at the back wasn’t working changed it smartish. 

Because Ndidi.