Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

13 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Oh, agree on that one. He should be nowhere near our corners - give it (depending on who's on) Marc or Youri.

Maddison could be lethal on that second ball if he's deployed in that 20-25 yard zone on the edge of the box. Half the reason we score so little from corners for me is (apart from all our centre backs having heads like Rubik's Cubes) rarely leaving someone on the edge of the box to smash a follow-up.

Which coincidentally gives me PTSD from the Sousa / Sven years, when it seems we were conceding that sort of goal every week. :nono:

Probably been told to occasionally at regular intervals, to hit the near post...and it is his teamates, Not listening to Coach & Rodgers telling them,

"Attack the near post"....

I mean since Maguire has gone, Nobody attacks neither the Front nor  back post..!! Vardy  & Nacho only in moving play..

• Like 1

Good Topic to bring up.....

Shows me ( Add I am a nobody) Now how ths pathetic cynical baraometer of our fans have gone Off the scale...

Blowyour right to opinions..but then again this is mine...

Too many cut out Off the peg, easy  taken critic & Not even deserved...

Football Management is about Building "your" team, emphasis on building....

People decrying selection, & formation, Firstly bragging, with Covid then catastrophic main Player long Term injuries, how well we are doing,then

Slip into that actually expected but small rut, with Rodgers having to Juggle with Players,system & formations,suddenly hes expected to preparing

to Pack bis bags...what a load of crap..! Especially from fans who should understand & encourage, the whole club staff & personelle.

Bloody hilarious,how some make und Build  their negative suggestions, because Rodgers ( player) hasnt gone in the direction "you" want.

Meaning individual players,selection,tactics & formation...whereas in the very same thread others then demanding no, we should be doing this or that,

Then Another 3rd front Declaring no another Track is better & Rodgers is useless and understands nothing....

The important Thing is most of the Posters drawing in the negative,get it wrong time & Time again...

The forum has become astronomical Toxic, and in blind audacity, cant see the Unbelievable Unbelievable  shit they are posting..!!!

Calm balanced critic, knee-jerk reactions even rants understandable..But These ceasless campaigns/agendas against Rodgers, 

answering  'I write as I See it' post,   Leads for me to believe ,there is an Automatic negative mind-set Running through the forum...

Picking at the Moment on individual weeks,then  totting up the periods, and Diagnose Rodgers gets it  mostly wrong & should go..!!

Because you believe you see it better than him....!!!

The Continual pecking as become monotonous ,with the same monotone of demeaning our manager , alot with Downright Aggression or false moral

"I know better attitide".  While Not Keeping or looking towards the big picture.

Even with the frustrating EOS run, last season. Rodgers has taken us, step by step into our best ever Continual positions and a strong  tenure producing

a better future potential, we could only before Dream of..

Silly Mistakes, errors are more Part and partial of the game, especially when like Leicester your developing slowly an era of being upstarts " Darng to challenge"

The PL Holy grail..!!      Not forgetting a real catastrophic injury list to our top performers, that hurts a Club like ours,more  than any So called big 6..

Even our 2-3 playable CBs are Carrying Suspect injuries....Rodgers

Rodgers doesn't go on a whining Blame or excuse path, he is just doing his best,with the balanced & unknown Quality of Resources he has...

Yes Rodgers is due a Ton of respect & because he doesn't follow your rhetoric, or Choice of players & tactics,

doesn't deserve alot of the blind, Dummy out of the pram approach & posts that comes into this once Great & humble forum...

Hoi all cry out Freedom of speach and right to opinion,but sometimes its just a get out to hide behind having a cynical dig....

Its just become an accepted Social media trait...demean & discredit all that lays before you...!

I am Bloody happy After travelling the far corners of this planet,I can honour & remain a Leicester city happy-clapper,

with License to have The odd rant....:scarf:...thats made me thirsty..:beer:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Don't want the guy gone, but he made a bad call mid-week by putting Soyuncu, Pereira and Ndidi back in against Zorhya.

It was a nothing game, it was always going to be a tough, physical game in difficult climates on a tough pitch... he really should have known better.

Squad just look lost of confidence and strangely that's off the back of another Liverpool drubbing! Need to learn how to lose.

You realise Brendan didn't give them the ok to play it was the medical staff. If they're medically fit enough to play then the where or when doesn't matter it is always a risk. In hindsight you could argue that we should have gone out there full strength and won the game and used the AEK home game to start Cags and Ricky but that's another week another game for the already knackered first team squad to squeeze into the busy schedule. 

This season is a nightmare one anyway with covid add in our first ever Europa League campaign and a glut of injuries then Rodgers really does deserve credit for what we have achieved so far.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

With last season & this Brendan has over seen 49 Premier lge matches & we have been in the Top 4 for all but what 3-4 weeks, what does the guy have to do to catch a break & not be talked about as not good enough for Leicester City?

Rudders is going to have to track down a mythical manager living in Narnia to please a few on here.

He has to not come loaded with preconceptions, garnered from SM echo chambers. About which I expect he rightly couldn't care less.

19 minutes ago, urban fox said:

It is oh so easy for all of us to be armchair managers. However, we are not the ones having to juggle a diabolical injury list, fixture congestion, a european campaign, and a pandemic. Of necessity, this all adds up to having to rely sometimes on some senior squad members such as Fuchs who would normally be used for rotation and/or back up having to play far more regularly, 19 year old centre backs who have only just joined a new team in a foreign country having to be thrown in at the deep end and others having to be played out of position etc etc.

Yes they, and the manager are all highly paid professionals but there is a ceiling to what can be achieved under these circumstances and i believe we are at that limit.

I see lots of posts along the lines of "what are we doing on the training ground to sort out these issues?"    Quite simply the answer is nothing. Monday evening we played a game. Tuesday, a four hour flight to Ukraine (plus all the usual check in times, travel to and from airports/hotel etc) where we played a game Thursday night, followed by another days travelling home on Friday. Saturday perhaps a rest day, time to assess fatigue and any knocks and niggles etc, review selection options depending upon that and probably travel to Sheffield (ok only a couple of hours away by coach) and then we go again sunday. Where in that schedule is there time to actually do anything other than a bit of basic fitness training and maybe a quick tactical talk?

With a fully fit squad we could maybe rotate/rest players for whole matches, with those not playing doing more training than those playing but at the minute we are so stretched, by the time we have put 11 out plus subs, that does not leave many.  I am sure if we had been coasting in Ukraine, then some of the kids might have got a run out, but as it was, injures and the need to rest others prevented this happening.

The time to judge will be when we have a fully fit squad with true competition for places. If we then go on a run of poor defeats that is the time to ask questions, not after three games (one of which was away to probably the best club team in world football at present).  

Can you hear it?.........Silence.......it must be Logic.........Thank You.

50 minutes ago, urban fox said:

It is oh so easy for all of us to be armchair managers. However, we are not the ones having to juggle a diabolical injury list, fixture congestion, a european campaign, and a pandemic. Of necessity, this all adds up to having to rely sometimes on some senior squad members such as Fuchs who would normally be used for rotation and/or back up having to play far more regularly, 19 year old centre backs who have only just joined a new team in a foreign country having to be thrown in at the deep end and others having to be played out of position etc etc.

Yes they, and the manager are all highly paid professionals but there is a ceiling to what can be achieved under these circumstances and i believe we are at that limit.

I see lots of posts along the lines of "what are we doing on the training ground to sort out these issues?"    Quite simply the answer is nothing. Monday evening we played a game. Tuesday, a four hour flight to Ukraine (plus all the usual check in times, travel to and from airports/hotel etc) where we played a game Thursday night, followed by another days travelling home on Friday. Saturday perhaps a rest day, time to assess fatigue and any knocks and niggles etc, review selection options depending upon that and probably travel to Sheffield (ok only a couple of hours away by coach) and then we go again sunday. Where in that schedule is there time to actually do anything other than a bit of basic fitness training and maybe a quick tactical talk?

With a fully fit squad we could maybe rotate/rest players for whole matches, with those not playing doing more training than those playing but at the minute we are so stretched, by the time we have put 11 out plus subs, that does not leave many.  I am sure if we had been coasting in Ukraine, then some of the kids might have got a run out, but as it was, injures and the need to rest others prevented this happening.

The time to judge will be when we have a fully fit squad with true competition for places. If we then go on a run of poor defeats that is the time to ask questions, not after three games (one of which was away to probably the best club team in world football at present).  

Couldn't agree more.

I'm sure Brendan would love to be rotating and resting players given our fixtures and equally love to pick a first choice eleven each match. Unfortunately, as things stand with injuries we've barely enough fit players to select an eleven and sufficient subs!

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

With last season & this Brendan has over seen 49 Premier lge matches & we have been in the Top 4 for all but what 3-4 weeks, what does the guy have to do to catch a break & not be talked about as not good enough for Leicester City?

Rudders is going to have to track down a mythical manager living in Narnia to please a few on here.

Agree with this. I wouldn't swap Brendan for anyone. Klopp isn't coming and melding the DNA of 1990s O'Neil, 2010s Pearson and 2015/16 Raneri has yet to be perfected. Having suffered Holloway, Megson, Rob Kelly, scratching around in the Championship or being utterly out of our depth in the Premier League, I still cannot quite get used to us challenging the top 4 well over a year now. Yes I know we won the thing 4 years ago but we're building again something special (keep hold of Fofana, Tielemans, Ricardo, Barnes, Justin, Soyuncu, Maddison and just never know). 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, urban fox said:

..as regard the ability to train, these problems are from last season, they were not addressed then and Europe was not a factor!!!

14 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Good Topic to bring up.....

Shows me ( Add I am a nobody) Now how ths pathetic cynical baraometer of our fans have gone Off the scale...

Blowyour right to opinions..but then again this is mine...

Too many cut out Off the peg, easy  taken critic & Not even deserved...

Football Management is about Building "your" team, emphasis on building....

People decrying selection, & formation, Firstly bragging, with Covid then catastrophic main Player long Term injuries, how well we are doing,then

Slip into that actually expected but small rut, with Rodgers having to Juggle with Players,system & formations,suddenly hes expected to preparing

to Pack bis bags...what a load of crap..! Especially from fans who should understand & encourage, the whole club staff & personelle.

Bloody hilarious,how some make und Build  their negative suggestions, because Rodgers ( player) hasnt gone in the direction "you" want.

Meaning individual players,selection,tactics & formation...whereas in the very same thread others then demanding no, we should be doing this or that,

Then Another 3rd front Declaring no another Track is better & Rodgers is useless and understands nothing....

The important Thing is most of the Posters drawing in the negative,get it wrong time & Time again...

The forum has become astronomical Toxic, and in blind audacity, cant see the Unbelievable Unbelievable  shit they are posting..!!!

Calm balanced critic, knee-jerk reactions even rants understandable..But These ceasless campaigns/agendas against Rodgers, 

answering  'I write as I See it' post,   Leads for me to believe ,there is an Automatic negative mind-set Running through the forum...

Picking at the Moment on individual weeks,then  totting up the periods, and Diagnose Rodgers gets it  mostly wrong & should go..!!

Because you believe you see it better than him....!!!

The Continual pecking as become monotonous ,with the same monotone of demeaning our manager , alot with Downright Aggression or false moral

"I know better attitide".  While Not Keeping or looking towards the big picture.

Even with the frustrating EOS run, last season. Rodgers has taken us, step by step into our best ever Continual positions and a strong  tenure producing

a better future potential, we could only before Dream of..

Silly Mistakes, errors are more Part and partial of the game, especially when like Leicester your developing slowly an era of being upstarts " Darng to challenge"

The PL Holy grail..!!      Not forgetting a real catastrophic injury list to our top performers, that hurts a Club like ours,more  than any So called big 6..

Even our 2-3 playable CBs are Carrying Suspect injuries....Rodgers

Rodgers doesn't go on a whining Blame or excuse path, he is just doing his best,with the balanced & unknown Quality of Resources he has...

Yes Rodgers is due a Ton of respect & because he doesn't follow your rhetoric, or Choice of players & tactics,

doesn't deserve alot of the blind, Dummy out of the pram approach & posts that comes into this once Great & humble forum...

Hoi all cry out Freedom of speach and right to opinion,but sometimes its just a get out to hide behind having a cynical dig....

Its just become an accepted Social media trait...demean & discredit all that lays before you...!

I am Bloody happy After travelling the far corners of this planet,I can honour & remain a Leicester city happy-clapper,

with License to have The odd rant....:scarf:...thats made me thirsty..:beer:

Always appreciate your well rounded honest posts . 😊

13 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Very good post 😉🤙

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've been top five in the Premier League since the third matchround last season (first two weeks we drew and were 12th each time) and ended only three of those gameweeks in fifth (including, unfortunately, the end of last season).

LCFC Position / Number of matchrounds

1st - 3

2nd - 12

3rd - 19

4th - 10

5th - 3

Whilst we always must look to improve, and Rodgers will never be beyond criticism, it's worth bearing in mind just what a glorious period of our history this is.

Even this season, with so many of our best players missing, especially defensively, we've been...

1st - 3

2nd - 2

3rd - 1

4th - 5

...as well as qualifying for the knockout rounds of the Europa League. If this doesn't offer up some perspective, probably nothing will.

Thank you you should update this to keep us aware of the great progress we are making . Pretty incredible really.

Although I'm not a fan of Rodgers and his "ism's", he's the best we can get.  Yes we can be critical, but some of our fans flip flop to the extreme: one win it is a Rodgers masterclass and after a defeat....well we all know what happens!  I think it is ok to be critcal, but in a measured way and I suspect it is a minority on here who lose it big style, when we play like s**t.  The problem is those who are content don't tend to post so much as the malcontents.  It is like that in music.....you don't get many popular happy songs, because they are generally trite and songwriters tend to write better when they have had their heart broken.  This forum and social media has given the malcontents a platform to shout the loudest, at least we are not at the level of AFTV.................yet.

Re; Perez in the Mercury, by Jordan Blackwell

"Rodgers should also be commended. Players are never out of the picture under the City boss, even when they don’t feature for 10 games. Rodgers made sure to keep Perez in the loop, explaining exactly why he wasn’t playing and what he needed to do to get his chance. So when the Spaniard did come in, he had the confidence to perform. Players want to play, and they can be unhappy when they’re not selected, which in turn can translate into poor performances. But Rodgers has consistently extracted fine performances out of fringe players – Papy Mendy dominating the midfield at West Ham last season after being left out of the previous 16 games is a prime example. You would back any player under Rodgers’ management to come in and give a performance, no matter how long they’ve been on the outside."

Full article: https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-deserves-praise-surprise-4776124

• Like 3

Rodgers was under pressure and he could have changed it tonight to appease the fans. He saw that his formation would work V Brighton and stuck with it, and to be fair, Brighton can't handle it alt all.

Massive credit to Rodgers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Rodgers was under pressure and he could have changed it tonight to appease the fans. He saw that his formation would work V Brighton and stuck with it, and to be fair, Brighton can't handle it alt all.

There’s a reason he is where he is, and why we are where we are on this forum. This tells.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Didn’t he change the formation though away from the formation we don’t like that much?

• Like 3