Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

If he's going to get pelters for being stubborn at times (which he is), he deserves a lot of credit for recognisning not something that was going wrong per se, but changing our game into something where we could profit more, and quicker. Credit must also go to the players for picking up the change very quickly (during a goal-kick!). 

It's not just about making changes for the sake of it, it's about making the right ones and using Justin's attacking intent and quality to get up and down the right flank really paid off. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

IndyKaila has spoken- Arsenal are going to get rid of Arteta, Rodgers keen to join.

What a clown show of a club from top to bottom. No manager can help them now. The only way that place gets fixed is from the top down. Just like United except without the cash to make limitless mistakes.

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You’d have to be an utter fool to go to Arsenal now, or have a giant ego, so I think we’re, err, sa...........ooh sheet!!

:plancque::mad:

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

There's a hatred/mistrust of Brendan that I don't really understand. I was one of the earliest anti Puel types but I don't remember at any time him getting the same stick Brendan does. we were told we should be happy with 12th and a lot of people accepted that. We've been in the top 6 solidly for a year, we're through in Europe. It doesn't make sense to me.

That doesn't mean he should be above criticism, but just get it in proportion.

Look, bellend, we won the fuching league rite?  We’re fuching massive mate, innit. If dis muppet, known to some as Todgers, can’t give uz wot we deserves, anovver fuching title, oh an da Europe fingy, den e can fuching do one - I’d say bruv, but den I’d sound like one o dose Arsehole fans blud. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Thought we might of ended up with him when he was at gladbach. 

Climbing the managerial mountain made of ice. One misstep and you have to start from lower. What a nightmare.

3 hours ago, Collymore said:

Rodgers was under pressure and he could have changed it tonight to appease the fans. He saw that his formation would work V Brighton and stuck with it, and to be fair, Brighton can't handle it alt all.

Massive credit to Rodgers. 

...I am not too sure about this!!!

I think what you are saying is that he maintained the Back Three with Wing Backs as opposed to a Back Four. Yet we switched to a Back Four midway in the first half when Brighton was quite clearly on top.

Prior to this game the clamour was for a Back Four to start against Brighton, did Rodgers get it wrong in his initial setup or  are you actually saying he started with a Back Four.

...do not be surprised if Rodgers relocates!!!

A move to the capital, Arsenal desperate to appease their supporters and can afford to buy out Rodgers contract. It will be an interesting day tomorrow.

Arsenal had Usmanov as a shareholder who had a better idea in how to progress the club but had his hand tied by Kroenke who had the majority shares. Arsenal went backwards and Kroenke still presides over their ongoing debacle and Usmanov is now heavily invested in Everton and you can see the progress they have made. 

While Kroenke is there Arsenal are going to struggle.

It's not always about the formation but more for me the players he goes with.

Rodgers' formations arn't static as in theory the five at the back sometimes turns into a 2 if Fofana races forward.

When I saw the lineup yesterday I feared the worst but Rodgers played a blinder. The lads were exceptional. 

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've won 12 of our 19 games in all competitions this season, despite lots of key injuries.

Third in EPL, one point off top.

UEL KO stages after winning group.

Rodgers is doing more than alright for me.

Yet we still have some clowns who support us who think this isn't good enough. 

Lol.

Arsenal are like Man United a basket case of a club owned by greedy Americans and only focused on what they can take, Rodgers is no fool and there is no way he is jumping ship from here to there for that mess, also his wages are huge here are arsenal going to bust that for him ? I don’t think so, either way we have Brendan for at least next season is my guess, I think Chelsea would interest him more as he has a good history with them.