Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

Just now, SemperEadem said:

I get that. Not though just fancy watching it for free? There were plenty letting folks know where to find it.

Fair comment. I don't like streams as the quality is poor usually. Also I can't afford to create any network issues at home as my job depends on it. So just being cautious. If someone knows of really good, safe streams I'd be delighted. Thanks 

My old man paid for it and so I went around his.

I assumed there would be a fancy studio and there wouldn't be adverts. In reality it stopped for adverts constantly as it would normally. No production value at and there wasn't any genuine analysis, it ended almost as soon as the final whistle blew. Didn't get to hear any reaction from Brendan or any Leicester player.

For £15 it really was a complete joke.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

My old man paid for it and so I went around his.

I assumed there would be a fancy studio and there wouldn't be adverts. In reality it stopped for adverts constantly as it would normally. No production value at and there wasn't any genuine analysis, it ended almost as soon as the final whistle blew. Didn't get to hear any reaction from Brendan or any Leicester player.

For £15 it really was a complete joke.

But unfortunately some people will continue to pay it meaning sky and bt will continue to charge it. The only way it stops is by people not paying it. £15 isn't bank breaking amounts of money but transfer than across another 20-25 games and it becomes incredibly expensive. Personally I just went to the pub but I'd rather just not watch the games at all than keep pandering to the greedy bastards 

Didn't pay up but the streams began to start going to shit around 80ish minutes. It was an absolute ball ache. 

My mate used Peacock with a vpn and got a trial and that worked very well for him. However Peacock aren't putting every single game on so chance it might not have certain leicester games on. Won't be paying the 15 quid ever. 

13 hours ago, RobHawk said:

"I had to" really isn't any defence.

I'm pleased to have got a good stream but would have watched flashscores on my phone rather than pay. 

Everybody has a choice and those choosing to pay are free to make that choice, but as a fan of the only club who voted against it, I do feel you let us all down in making a stand against the powers at be. 

Everyone has a choice as you say.

Leicester City did make a stance, but I would think they won’t be refusing their sky monies as part of that stance.

The guy hasn’t “let us all down” he certainly hasn’t let me down. An offer has been made for him and others to watch a football match and he has decided to take it. “ let us all down” gang mentality, uncalled for. 

I get why a lot of people don't want to pay it, I also get why some people want to spend the money and watch the best quality version of the game available, 

But the amount of posts from blokes on here that genuinely think they're some kind of hero for not giving Sky their money lol

We paid just because we couldn't be arsed with finding an unreliable stream. 

Pissed off with the ads and the lack of any analysis but what does really takes the piss is next week's game is also on PPV.

First and last time. 

Edited by Danizen

4 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Fair comment. I don't like streams as the quality is poor usually. Also I can't afford to create any network issues at home as my job depends on it. So just being cautious. If someone knows of really good, safe streams I'd be delighted. Thanks 

I think you have missed the point here. A lot of us would loved to have just paid the £15 to save the "hassle" of streams, network issues etc etc. But this was one of those, all or nothing situations to stand against the greedyness of sky/BT. A lot of us "sacrificed" a impeccable HD picture and lost minutes finding a stream for the greater good. Shame you didn't see it like that. Sky / BT will carry on doing what they do if there are still people willing to pay and it all seems a bit pointless to try and go against them if our "own" don't get it 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I think you have missed the point here. A lot of us would loved to have just paid the £15 to save the "hassle" of streams, network issues etc etc. But this was one of those, all or nothing situations to stand against the greedyness of sky/BT. A lot of us "sacrificed" a impeccable HD picture and lost minutes finding a stream for the greater good. Shame you didn't see it like that. Sky / BT will carry on doing what they do if there are still people willing to pay and it all seems a bit pointless to try and go against them if our "own" don't get it 

horse.jpg

54 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I am against PPV to put you straight. So don't make assumptions. If someone had said it was a stance on here I would have supported as long as that was properly reported why. So get off your high horse. I have been working all week on Covid response so missed it if it was mooted on here

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I am against PPV to put you straight. So don't make assumptions. If someone had said it was a stance on here I would have supported as long as that was properly reported why. So get off your high horse. 

Right ok, I apologies, Someone should have spelled out on here why everyone is so against the big corporate giants of Sky and BT overcharging us all and then trying to get even more greedy by charging us all for games with poor coverage and taking perhaps advantage of the current situation when lots of people have lost their jobs and are struggling, next time I'll add a link to BBC news for you! 

PS...I would get off my horse if I could afford one - perhaps someone can explain to you how expensive it is to keep a horse just so you now know?:whistle:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Right ok, I apologies, Someone should have spelled out on here why everyone is so against the big corporate giants of Sky and BT overcharging us all and then trying to get even more greedy by charging us all for games with poor coverage and taking perhaps advantage of the current situation when lots of people have lost their jobs and are struggling, next time I'll add a link to BBC news for you! 

PS...I would get off my horse if I could afford one - perhaps someone can explain to you how expensive it is to keep a horse just so you now know?:whistle:

Again making assumptions about my circumstances is it? I took the decision last night that I would cut back on other things this week to pay to watch. Anyway, all the best. I do understand the circumstances by the way so no need for your patronising. 

2 hours ago, Scanchez said:

Don't know if this has been posted already but it's a nice thing of the Newcastle fans to do:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/19/newcastle-fans-boycott-pay-per-view-and-donate-fees-to-local-food-bank

Yeah, I saw this, brilliant from their fans.

Food bank said that the £15 can feed 3 families.

• Like 1