Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

l

Lucky begger, I'm relying on tomorrows Leicester Mercury 

lucky beggars....Im relying on some greek bloke to run 26 miles from the ground to give me the results. In game comments might be a problem though.

Edited by sishades
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well i live in Canada so getting to matchdagy experiences in best of times is tough as I'm not rich enough to flyover the atlantic that often.

I would happily pay to watch a city game but fortunately for us we can use DAZN subscription which i believe is $150 canadian a year. Full hd, no lag and legal.  Having said that you can also get illegal cable here which has 1000s of channels from around the globe which includes every possible sports channel that exists and watch any game. Depending on who you go for this can be free to say $15 a month. Its all laid out like regular cable with lovely channel grids etc. 

The £15 is horrendous for you locals!

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

But it’s the reason teams in England can go out and buy Maguire for £80m though so we can’t have it both ways. 

That's paid for out of the normal subscriptions.

In unprecedented times, where people are losing their jobs and facing all sorts of uncertainty, we’ve had premier league football clubs:

1. attempt to use the furlough scheme;

2. make redundant club mascots;

3. use the govt loan scheme.

They had no critical reason to do any of the above. They then spent a combined billion pounds plus in the transfer market. When this first came about, I thought I would spend it and watch the game. However, for football fans, the game gives a good release to these uncertain times. There is no need for them to profit. It’s wrong. They don’t need to but are again choosing to take advantage. 

I won’t be paying it. Here’s to the joy of listening to Stringer discuss sandwiches and offering biscuits to his co-commentator. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Well i live in Canada so getting to matchdagy experiences in best of times is tough as I'm not rich enough to flyover the atlantic that often.

I would happily pay to watch a city game but fortunately for us we can use DAZN subscription which i believe is $150 canadian a year. Full hd, no lag and legal.  Having said that you can also get illegal cable here which has 1000s of channels from around the globe which includes every possible sports channel that exists and watch any game. Depending on who you go for this can be free to say $15 a month. Its all laid out like regular cable with lovely channel grids etc. 

The £15 is horrendous for you locals!

Got DAZN sorted on my TV with NordVPN

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In unprecedented times, where people are losing their jobs and facing all sorts of uncertainty, we’ve had premier league football clubs:

1. attempt to use the furlough scheme;

2. make redundant club mascots;

3. use the govt loan scheme.

They had no critical reason to do any of the above. They then spent a combined billion pounds plus in the transfer market. When this first came about, I thought I would spend it and watch the game. However, for football fans, the game gives a good release to these uncertain times. There is no need for them to profit. It’s wrong. They don’t need to but are again choosing to take advantage. 

I won’t be paying it. Here’s to the joy of listening to Stringer discuss sandwiches and offering biscuits to his co-commentator. 

Sounds silly to say it, but Arsenal making the mascot redundant really took the piss. He must have been on about £20k a year, or about a days salary for one of their top earners.

14 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

If I can find a stream that doesn't show the embarrassing kneeling before kick off - nah, still won't bother, Premier League has gone to rat-shit, I'll watch Top Gear instead.

Why do you find this gesture objecting to racism embarrassing?

2 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Who's for boycotting paying for Box Office???

Fat Cats getting Fatter me thinks, won't be getting a penny more of my money i already subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Sport and think they got a nerve?

These people....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Who's for boycotting paying for Box Office???

Fat Cats getting Fatter me thinks, won't be getting a penny more of my money i already subscribe to Sky Sports and BT Sport and think they got a nerve?

I just heard on the radio that Newcastle and Man United fans did just that and donated their money to each city's food banks. Apparently well over £20,000 has been raised. A wonderful protest and initiative I think.

• Like 2