Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RobHawk

Are you paying for PPV today?

PPV - What are you doing?   

407 members have voted

1. 1. Too pay or not to pay...

• Paying £14.95 for box office
    • Finding an alternative stream
    • Radio
    • Nothing

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In unprecedented times, where people are losing their jobs and facing all sorts of uncertainty, we’ve had premier league football clubs:

1. attempt to use the furlough scheme;

2. make redundant club mascots;

3. use the govt loan scheme.

They had no critical reason to do any of the above. They then spent a combined billion pounds plus in the transfer market. When this first came about, I thought I would spend it and watch the game. However, for football fans, the game gives a good release to these uncertain times. There is no need for them to profit. It’s wrong. They don’t need to but are again choosing to take advantage. 

I won’t be paying it. Here’s to the joy of listening to Stringer discuss sandwiches and offering biscuits to his co-commentator. 

To mark the occasion, we should name today's match thread, "What's Stringer Eating?"

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

In unprecedented times, where people are losing their jobs and facing all sorts of uncertainty, we’ve had premier league football clubs:

1. attempt to use the furlough scheme;

2. make redundant club mascots;

3. use the govt loan scheme.

They had no critical reason to do any of the above. They then spent a combined billion pounds plus in the transfer market. When this first came about, I thought I would spend it and watch the game. However, for football fans, the game gives a good release to these uncertain times. There is no need for them to profit. It’s wrong. They don’t need to but are again choosing to take advantage. 

I won’t be paying it. Here’s to the joy of listening to Stringer discuss sandwiches and offering biscuits to his co-commentator. 

Well said.

51 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I just heard on the radio that Newcastle and Man United fans did just that and donated their money to each city's food banks. Apparently well over £20,000 has been raised. A wonderful protest and initiative I think.

That's like 1300 fans.... yet I would expect say 100000 to pay the 15 quid.  So a very small dent

The thing is, if everyone does as they say sky can look at it and chose to either, carry on charging £15 cause they're stubborn. Realise that if they charge £5 - £10 they would actually make way more money, or really go big with the clamp on illegal streaming. But that is really so dependant on people holding true to themselves and not paying and succumbing to the ease of watching on ppv compared to trying to find a decent stream. I hope people realise its for the greater good 

I've ummed and arred, but I can't mentally justify the cost.

I'm going to watch the NFL on Sky and then a friend is going to upload the game on an FTP so I can watch after the match. Stay away from the internet, watch later.

It sounds soppy to say but it's been really hard for me to make this decision. I've had it on record since it came on the Sky planner, but the price is at least a fiver more than it should be, and I'm not gonna do it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I've ummed and arred, but I can't mentally justify the cost.

I'm going to watch the NFL on Sky and then a friend is going to upload the game on an FTP so I can watch after the match. Stay away from the internet, watch later.

It sounds soppy to say but it's been really hard for me to make this decision. I've had it on record since it came on the Sky planner, but the price is at least a fiver more than it should be, and I'm not gonna do it.

Nice one it's the right thing to do id say mate, £14.95 is an appalling price point. 

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

Of which there must be a lot less this season than other seasons.

I’m not defending it by any stretch, I just understand why it’s happening if fans can’t go to games.

Why would it be less, they're still showing games as normal and it's the only legit way people can get to see a game. They're also showing a lot more EFL games, if it is less it's because of this type of decision.

I pay for Virgin,Sky sport and BT plus Amazon prime. I have also paid £140 to LCFC, so far,for games my wife and I  can't watch. This for me is the straw that broke the camel's back so I will be listening on God awful Radio Leicester. It's not the money it's the principal of being ripped off for something I feel I have already paid for that annoys me.