Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

Seeing that Pussyman Dan now has a Twitter blue tick really tickled me…almost as much as seeing Notts Forest fans taking his posts seriously.

I’m actually keen to find out who’s running the account.

I remember my first visit to Zambia almost 20 years ago, reading the first line of the Lonely Planet book, which said “Anything that CAN go wrong in Zambia, WILL go wrong in Zambia”. After another couple of visits there I had to concur with that assessment.

I now feel the exact same way about the UK. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I remember my first visit to Zambia almost 20 years ago, reading the first line of the Lonely Planet book, which said “Anything that CAN go wrong in Zambia, WILL go wrong in Zambia”. After another couple of visits there I had to concur with that assessment.

What's depressing is that most of that is deliberate policy by the government at the behest of much of the electorate. 

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Is Leicester cathedral open again? Rarely go to home games so haven't checked in a while.

Yes it is but the whole site isn’t open. However, they’re desperate for visitors, likely have guides there waiting for you.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes it is but the whole site isn’t open. However, they’re desperate for visitors, likely have guides there waiting for you.

Thanks. I take it the tomb of Richard III is open. 

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Thanks. I take it the tomb of Richard III is open. 

Yes, I believe that part is open. It’s just a new extension which is partially under ground level, that isn’t finished. Although, I must confess I’ve not had a proper tour since it’s been reopen, I just have relatives who work for the diocese.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

And three seasons later, Patson Daka is ample testimony to that statement. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Yes, I believe that part is open. It’s just a new extension which is partially under ground level, that isn’t finished. Although, I must confess I’ve not had a proper tour since it’s been reopen, I just have relatives who work for the diocese.

Thanks.

I'm trying to visit the tomb of every English monarch before James I, and Richard III is one of the easier ones to tick off now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Thanks.

I'm trying to visit the tomb of every English monarch before James I, and Richard III is one of the easier ones to tick off now. 

Hopefully there’s more of you, so we can get some more tourist pounds into the city.

• Like 1

I’m not saying that my 100% record in match thread starting contributed directly towards tonight’s result, but I think people should consider that we’ve never lost when I have started a match thread. 

So, yes, I am claiming full responsibility for tonight’s result. 

If King Power are reading this, and I know you pay people to do that, you need to be writing some very large numbers on a cheque to have this luck monster on your side next season. I have no morals, I’m happy to start match threads on any forum. Lock me down now or lose me. 

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’m not saying that my 100% record in match thread starting contributed directly towards tonight’s result, but I think people should consider that we’ve never lost when I have started a match thread. 

So, yes, I am claiming full responsibility for tonight’s result. 

If King Power are reading this, and I know you pay people to do that, you need to be writing some very large numbers on a cheque to have this luck monster on your side next season. I have no morals, I’m happy to start match threads on any forum. Lock me down now or lose me. 

I think this answers my question about how the tequila is going.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, adam1 said:

Adult and child return to London

from Leicester £175

from Nuneaton £63 including parking at the station.

Wtf.

Different rail companies?

Midland Mainline v Avanti West Coast I think.

Edited by Parafox

On 23/04/2024 at 16:07, bovril said:

Thanks.

Do you get a little rubber stamp on a card for each one you visit and when it's full you get a free coffee visit?

5 hours ago, adam1 said:

Adult and child return to London

from Leicester £175

from Nuneaton £63 including parking at the station.

Wtf.

I was quite surprised last month when 3 adult singles to Gatwick from Leicester came in at just under £80 for the three of us. Booked on Trainline and it stopped at London Bridge on the way, I'm sure we went through Nuneaton too. Maybe just lucky, it was a Saturday too.

Obviously posting in here as I don’t want to start a thread but has anyone ordered anything click and collect from the club shop recently ? 

I ordered something on Monday , no confirmation order email came through (checked my junk folder), today the order status online is ‘Completed’. Emailed them to ask if it’s ready collect and no reply. 

Why is the simplest thing at this club so difficult? 

3 minutes ago, Livid said:

Obviously posting in here as I don’t want to start a thread but has anyone ordered anything click and collect from the club shop recently ? 

I ordered something on Monday , no confirmation order email came through (checked my junk folder), today the order status online is ‘Completed’. Emailed them to ask if it’s ready collect and no reply. 

Why is the simplest thing at this club so difficult? 

Like sacking Rodgers?

• Haha 1

On 23/04/2024 at 16:07, bovril said:

Thanks.

As a matter of interest have you seen King John's at Worcester yet?

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

As a matter of interest have you seen King John's at Worcester yet?

Yes! Was my favorite so far, because I'm very interested in his reign and because I loved the cathedral. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Parafox said:

Different rail companies?

Midland Mainline v Avanti West Coast I think.

Its ridiculous. For 2 adults and 2 children from Manchester its £112

Nuneaton £78

Leicester £351

And for another line,  Peterborough £77