Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

2 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I've not been yet but would like to. Also interested in his reign 

The period is really interesting but also the life of Henry II and Eleanor and their children is great and deserves a TV adaptation as much as the over-exposed Tudors.

John's also got a connection to my home town of King's Lynn and we recently put up a statue of him. People still look for his treasure in the Fens...

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20170926-the-lost-jewels-of-bad-king-john

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

The period is really interesting but also the life of Henry II and Eleanor and their children is great and deserves a TV adaptation as much as the over-exposed Tudors.

John's also got a connection to my home town of King's Lynn and we recently put up a statue of him. People still look for his treasure in the Fens...

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20170926-the-lost-jewels-of-bad-king-john

Would be great to see a major tv series as you describe.  I find the 2 big villan kings in our history John and Richard the Third the most intriguing 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m not saying that my 100% record in match thread starting contributed directly towards tonight’s result, but I think people should consider that we’ve never lost when I have started a match thread. 

So, yes, I am claiming full responsibility for tonight’s result. 

If King Power are reading this, and I know you pay people to do that, you need to be writing some very large numbers on a cheque to have this luck monster on your side next season. I have no morals, I’m happy to start match threads on any forum. Lock me down now or lose me. 

I’m taking a couple of percent responsibility for the win based on the fact I was the ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD who predicted a 5-0 win!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m taking a couple of percent responsibility for the win based on the fact I was the ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD who predicted a 5-0 win!

I now know how Jesus felt. Obviously, I’m not saying I’m Jesus, I’m not, just that I have all the qualities someone would have were they to be the reincarnation of the son of god.

I could say something like, ‘and Lo, verily, did the son of the Lord make it so people were fed with the loaves and the fishes and the jumbo portions of chips, but drivers for Nazareth Uber began claimeth they were responsible for delivering the chips and other false prophet for hire shit. But they were noteth.’ If I were to go all speaking in parables like, like I am wont due to the nature of the beast of being a deity and everything.

Again, not saying I’m Jesus. Naturally, if people want to call me by that name then es todo bueno, as Jesus would say.

I forgive you, my son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I now know how Jesus felt. Obviously, I’m not saying I’m Jesus, I’m not, just that I have all the qualities someone would have were they to be the reincarnation of the son of god.

I could say something like, ‘and Lo, verily, did the son of the Lord make it so people were fed with the loaves and the fishes and the jumbo portions of chips, but drivers for Nazareth Uber began claimeth they were responsible for delivering the chips and other false prophet for hire shit. But they were noteth.’ If I were to go all speaking in parables like, like I am wont due to the nature of the beast of being a deity and everything.

Again, not saying I’m Jesus. Naturally, if people want to call me by that name then es todo bueno, as Jesus would say.

I forgive you, my son.

HOW...FVCKING... DARE ...YOU!!!... our Lord will strike down upon thee with great vengance and furious anger , then you will know that Jamie is LORD!

To celebrate City getting to 94 points, I've concocted a magic square with 94 as the sum of all the rows, columns, diagonals, corners etc. But to make it more of a challenge, I also wanted to include the number of wins, draws and defeats in the grid. This is the result:-

27  14  10  43

40  13  17  24

23  30  34  07

04  37  33  20

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

To celebrate City getting to 94 points, I've concocted a magic square with 94 as the sum of all the rows, columns, diagonals, corners etc. But to make it more of a challenge, I also wanted to include the number of wins, draws and defeats in the grid. This is the result:-

27  14  10  43

40  13  17  24

23  30  34  07

04  37  33  20

take a bow!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

Would be great to see a major tv series as you describe.  I find the 2 big villan kings in our history John and Richard the Third the most intriguing 

Feel a bit sorry for John. Family issues I think.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Langston said:

I've just remembered when Leicesterpool called Tielemans the "Dutch Dele Alli" and spent about five mins laughing to myself, what a night.

They said a week or two ago that if we get promoted we should sack Enzo and get Gary Rowett in and I've barely been able to think about anything else since

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I went to Fosse Park this afternoon and didn't become furious at any point

I went to Ikea and I didn't become furious until I walked through the front doors only to become more infuriated by the families there for an afternoon out. and positively livid at the hot dog area.

What a shitshow that system is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

I went to Ikea and I didn't become furious until I walked through the front doors only to become more infuriated by the families there for an afternoon out. and positively livid at the hot dog area.

IKEA was brilliant when it was open until 10 pm. I used to go there at 9pm and an hour was plenty to get it all done, because there was nobody else there, which is also presumably why they started closing earlier, ruining it for me completely.

An old mate of mine nearly caused a police incident when a bit of car park rage got out of hand and the fact that this was at an IKEA I don't think is a coincidence

18 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I bought my first fray bentos pie today (pie in a can).

Any opinions on what I should expect when I crack it open?

I bought the vegetable balti one.

Thanks

When you take the lid off it looks very soft and soggy. But that crisps up and gets very flaky in the oven. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Parafox said:

I had a minor meltdown at the hot dog counter when they handed me a bun with what can only be described as a non-existent slice in it and the hot dog balancing on top.  They had bags of buns like it.  It was impossible to eat so I gave up.

Edited by Jon the Hat

9 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Thanks

An initial wretch (once in the oven that usually subsides) followed by a saturated fat overdose that could take weeks for your body to get over.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Thanks

Be careful. 

I normally buy fresh soup but tried a can of Heinz Muligatawny the other day.

The ring pull can was ridiculously resistant to being opened and when extra force was applied the soup went all over my rather expensive shirt. 

So much for saving a few pence on a cheaper option !