Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The “ I’ve got something to say, but it doesn’t warrant its own thread “ thread.

On 28/02/2024 at 19:07, Parafox said:

The local foodbank that I volunteer for has a Ford transit van supplied originally by Payne's of Hinckley at a small discount as it has their name on it.

The other day we couldn't unlock it and it turned out that the battery was flat. The AA came out and got it started but diagnosed a knackered battery. It got to Payne's eventually.

They agreed that the battery needed replacing.

They fitted a new Ford battery in just over half an hour.

They charged labour for 1 hour plus the battery.

Total cost? Nearly £400 !!!

That’s bollocks. What arseholes.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Is there a polite way of telling someone to stop picking there ****ing nose and eating it every 2mins? I'm not even exaggerating 🤢

"Can you save a bit of that for me, please?"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Is there a polite way of telling someone to stop picking there ****ing nose and eating it every 2mins? I'm not even exaggerating 🤢

I say shame them.

Discretely take a picture of them, print it and stick it on the notice board, if this is in the work place.

In two different places I've worked, there has been bogeys smeared in the wall by the urinals. Obviously, someone pees and picks their nose at the same time and then wipes it on the wall

Probably carried out by the type of person you see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

"Can you save a bit of that for me, please?"

He seems the greedy type so no chance of that!

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I say shame them.

Discretely take a picture of them, print it and stick it on the notice board, if this is in the work place.

In two different places I've worked, there has been bogeys smeared in the wall by the urinals. Obviously, someone pees and picks their nose at the same time and then wipes it on the wall

Probably carried out by the type of person you see.

I mean one good thing is it's not him smearing it on the wall as he just eats them but honestly its absolutely disgusting. He has no shame neither as he will quite happily do it whilst you're having a conversation. I don't really know the guy neither. 

20 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_5571.jpeg

6 hours ago, SpacedX said:

What a grounded, down to earth, unostentatious authentic, sober and realistic take. 

26195762_10155701864953580_8302595544319312045_n.thumb.jpg.9fedcbb42dc4bd5665a2b2b1d1dbc581.jpg

Whatever you think of the photo, his comments aren't wrong. He seems quite insightful and seems to understand that some footballers feel they are better than "ordinary" people. 

I applaud his statement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Whatever you think of the photo, his comments aren't wrong. He seems quite insightful and seems to understand that some footballers feel they are better than "ordinary" people. 

I applaud his statement.

I know - that goes without saying. It was nothing more than a joke - a bit of light hearted fun that's all. :doh:

36 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's not a gear grind so putting it here, but the whole England kit thing genuinely makes me a bit sad.

The desperation to argue, bicker, find fault, pick a fight and make a huge debate over seemingly every tiny thing, which ultimately suffocates airtime from real problems affecting real people in this country is sad.

And it's not just the fact it's an England shirt. The next thing will be along soon enough, and we'll engage in warfare over X being wrong, with the inevitable backlash as people from the other side as people double, triple and quadruple down on their views.

It's so tiring, it's so sad, it's the disintegration of us as a country. Genuinely disheartening.

Unanimously agree. I do believe some things should be illogically sacred, and a national flag should be one of them. Just leave it alone.

But... the depth of vacuousness (on both sides) of the British public is alarming. You've obviously got those getting their knickers in a twist over the desecration of the flag, wokeism, lefty politics, trans people, immigrants etc etc. But the worst is those who are going out of their way to prove they are so much cleverer and justifying what Nike have done.

It's nothing more than a PR campaign because someone got too hammered at NED, forgot to put some plastic on and now has an incoming kid he wants nothing to do with and therefore needs to bump up his quarterly bonus to pay for it. You're all as dumb as each other by debating it!!

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

It's not a gear grind so putting it here, but the whole England kit thing genuinely makes me a bit sad.

The desperation to argue, bicker, find fault, pick a fight and make a huge debate over seemingly every tiny thing, which ultimately suffocates airtime from real problems affecting real people in this country is sad.

And it's not just the fact it's an England shirt. The next thing will be along soon enough, and we'll engage in warfare over X being wrong, with the inevitable backlash as people from the other side as people double, triple and quadruple down on their views.

It's so tiring, it's so sad, it's the disintegration of us as a country. Genuinely disheartening.

Though the amount of people who care is probably a lot less than it seems on social media.

Politicians getting involved is depressing but I think a lot of it is just a reflection of the powerlessness they feel at not being able to solve the deep problems our country faces and also the amount of air time now devoted to politics. So this kind of nonsense dominates in a way it never did before.

I also think performative outrage and counter-outrage is quite an integral part of Anglo-Prot culture. 

Edited by bovril
  • Like 1

Couldn't find a thread I found suitable to say this so why not here I guess?

I used to despise International Breaks or the end of the season.

**No football! Oh No! What am I going to do?!**

In the last few years I fucking love them. Cathartic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Couldn't find a thread I found suitable to say this so why not here I guess?

I used to despise International Breaks or the end of the season.

**No football! Oh No! What am I going to do?!**

In the last few years I fucking love them. Cathartic.

I’ve sacked but all off completely barring a few city games and feel great.

• Like 1

Does anyone on here remember Star n' Bars in South Wigston?

It used to be a "cabaret" venue and I worked there as a DJ/compere/follow-spot operator in around 1979/80.

It didn't last long but we had some "names" on the bill from back then. Brotherhood of Man, Acker Bilk, (my mate nicked his jacket)! Paul Daniels, Showaddywaddy. Norman Collier who did this routine. This is not at the Stars n' Bars, BTW but from Tarbuck's chat show way back then:

There was hypnotist as well, quite well known at the time, but I can't remember his name all these years later. After the show he offered to hypnotise some of the staff. I was sceptical but I gave it a go. I thought he's rubbish, hasn't affected me!  But now, whenever my wife says "dinner" I start doing a chicken impression...*

*Not really. Stage hypnotism is all just auto-suggestion, mind trickery and people in the audience wanting to show off.

Edited by Parafox