Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

BRAGA pre match thread

Hopefully there is only minimal rotation for this. Certainly Schmeichel starting for me. I think both Morgan and Evans will come back in for Fuchs and Thomas to give us a back three of Fofana - Morgan - Evans, with Justin pushing to LWB and Albrighton retaining the RWB role. I'd say that is more to rest Fuchs for Wolves as Danny Simpson said on BT Sport he wasn't surprised to see him only play 45mins last week in Athens when there were 2 games per week. Some rotation in the front 3 where we have a full compliment of options is also plausible. Guys like Iheanacho, Maddison and Under will be chomping at the bit for a start. 

It's the midfield that is trickier to balance. The Tielemans-Mendy partnership has been a constant and steady feature of the success this year so breaking that up for an opponent like Braga who are a good team and carry obvious threats is a risk. At the same time, they will both be essential to face Wolves who's midfield and wingback line is also packed with quality. It'll be interesting to see if Rodgers shuffles the pack here and how he does it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Hopefully there is only minimal rotation for this. Certainly Schmeichel starting for me. I think both Morgan and Evans will come back in for Fuchs and Thomas to give us a back three of Fofana - Morgan - Evans, with Justin pushing to LWB and Albrighton retaining the RWB role. I'd say that is more to rest Fuchs for Wolves as Danny Simpson said on BT Sport he wasn't surprised to see him only play 45mins last week in Athens when there were 2 games per week. Some rotation in the front 3 where we have a full compliment of options is also plausible. Guys like Iheanacho, Maddison and Under will be chomping at the bit for a start. 

It's the midfield that is trickier to balance. The Tielemans-Mendy partnership has been a constant and steady feature of the success this year so breaking that up for an opponent like Braga who are a good team and carry obvious threats is a risk. At the same time, they will both be essential to face Wolves who's midfield and wingback line is also packed with quality. It'll be interesting to see if Rodgers shuffles the pack here and how he does it.

Dangerous playing Morgan and Evans together these days. Far too slow.  Need little Wes in the back line.

21 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Brags fans are fairly complimentary about us in their pre match thread too 

https://www.superbraga.com/forum/index.php/topic,29038.msg734730.html?PHPSESSID=f3a031572dd1547991d7c2871b83e517#new 

Tried to read it, but they appear to have adopted some kind of odd cipher system, just to prevent us Foxes cyber-scouting.

That is evidence of extreme paranoia on their part. I'd say they are running scared.

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Tried to read it, but they appear to have adopted some kind of odd cipher system, just to prevent us Foxes cyber-scouting.

That is evidence of extreme paranoia on their part. I'd say they are running scared.

They seem to be fairly on point, complimentary and  to have a decent understanding of how we play tbh.

Edited by blue blood

Win this one and qualification almost there. I see another strong team, but I would rest Vardy. Iheanacho up top holding the ball with Barnes, Under and Praet running beyond. I would go:

Kasper 

Justin     Morgan   Evans 

Albrighton                        Thomas

Mendy

Under       Praet    Barnes 

Iheanacho 

Subs: Ward, Fofana,Choudhury, Tielemans, Maddison, Perez, Vardy 

• Like 1

On 02/11/2020 at 22:19, harpendenfox said:

Braga played tonight as well. That's useful. They also won, and sit third in the Primeira Ligations table after 6 games.

And with identical wins and losses after 6 games. 

On the downside, they lost their first 2 so are in a better winning run

On the upside we are favourites cos we're massive! 

On the downside, it's probably got at least a small part because we are at home, and another downside, we are at home 😱😂

Feel free to add to this, 

Or not) 

On 02/11/2020 at 22:08, Sharpe's Fox said:

The game against the Portuguese outfit will mean we will see if we can translate our blistering away form to wins at home...

...and of course we have this Braga game before that.

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Hahaha I get it now, no wonder there were so many rep points 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Re the above if anyone else is as slow as me, it's worth the rep points. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

On 02/11/2020 at 23:01, Stadt said:

Ward

Fofana

Morgan

Fuchs

Albrighton

Choudhury

Praet

Maddison

Thomas

Perez

Iheanacho

This is our most difficult game but with 6 on the board already I think we should be looking to rest players. We could easily lose with a full strength side out so just take a probable loss because our player's fitness is worth more.

👍 Except for Morgan as the only real cb(?)  I'd probably keep going with Fofana. Only 1 more after this before a big break, and hopefully players coming through. 

The rest of the team could still be good enough for a result the way we've been playing. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Ethan Fitzhugh and Khanya Leshabela are training with the 1st team, they are also listed as part of our squad for the B List on the Europa League site

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

Didn’t spot Vardy on that probably at home with his feet  up and can of red bull 

Edited by baldeagle

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Looks like Ethan Fitzhugh and Khanya Leshabela are training with the 1st team, they are also listed as part of our squad for the B List on the Europa League site

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

I checked that website two days ago, and they weren't on it -- I am guessing they will be on the bench tomorrow.