Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

BRAGA pre match thread

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm definitely complaining about the next line up in the match thread. It could be prime 2016 with Kante and Mahrez in it and I'd still go WTF Rodgers has lost it. Seems to be a tactic that works.

Now you mention it, yes, I'm preparing a complaint as well. 

Tielemans is long overdue a rest now, as is Fofana.

Schmeichel

Justin Morgan Evans

Albrighton Choudhury Praet Thomas

Under Iheanacho Maddison

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Fofana, Fuchs, Mendy, Tielemans, Perez, Barnes, Vardy

Would be satisfied with a draw here given we play Fulham after the away game so we could rest a few for the PL and go big in the EL instead.

Can't say I watch a lot of Portuguese football do don't know how Braga tend to set up, but I'd like to see Kelechi brought in and rest Vardy. Kelechi can hold the ball up well and we could have Barnes and Under running off him

• Like 4

17 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Hope we don’t have too many tired legs after the Leeds match.

Looked like we were coasting with the exception of the period between their goal and our third to be honest. I think we'll be okay, especially with some inevitable rotation. Get the feeling we'll see Nacho and Under start on Thursday.

My only concern re fitness would be Albrighton, who took a few knocks from their full back, but he seemed okay and I doubt he's gonna start twice in a week anyway.

Edited by OntarioFox

5 hours ago, twister said:

Wolves on sunday has to be the prority, this is a game the team can afford to lose

rest vardy and start kelechi. Vards cant play every three days all the time.

Can't agree with that, EL before EPL then if we win on Thursday we can start resting players in the EL.

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

No way is Fofana being rested for this one. The boy is in a rhythm and the more games the better for him right now.

19 year olds don't need resting. He'd probably rather play matches than do training, as most would I suspect. 

• Like 1

I would take a draw here, myself.  Keeps us in position to potentially win the group, and hopefully we're healthier and better-rested by the time we play them a second time.

Be very tempted to rest Fofana, because the lad has played a lot of football lately.  But hard to see how we cobble together a back four without him.  Especially since you almost have to rest Fuchsie here.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Kasper 

JJ

Fofana

Morgan

Albrighton 

Praet

Tielemans

Fuchs

Maddison

Iheanacho

Under 

I reckon this may be what we see; with a chance that Praet gets a rest and Choudhury gets the nod.

Would be good to give Mendy a rest if possible and also to give Nacho some time on the pitch.

Ideally you would like to have a scenario similar to West Ham away last season where you can rest the majority of the first team and get the win.

If we do get 3 points tomorrow and Zorya/AEK draw then thats more or less qualification wrapped up. A win tomorrow more or less gets us into the next surely whatever happens after.

Don't know a lot about Braga but Portugal has produced the odd gem in the 21st century so have to be on our toes. We had a tough game at home to Porto 4 years ago so could be something similar.

But we're on a high and good enough to win.