Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

BRAGA pre match thread

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If you had to compare braga to another prem side ability wise, what are we dealing with? 

I know they drew with wolves last last season so are they around their level? 

Or or a little below 

Id say they are lower mid table Prem

• Like 1

On 03/11/2020 at 09:11, Captain... said:

Was doing a bit of reading about Braga and the Wolves game and found this article:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/11/29/the-worst-match-ive-been-to-wolves-fans-on-chaos-and-crushing-outside-braga-stadium/

Sounds pretty horrendous, I don't remember it making much news here.

Sounds well scary. I remember joking with one of the police at Porto who was carrying a gun so I can o ly imagine how scary it could be. One wrong love trying to protect your child and losing your head could result in you literally losing your head! 

I guess nothing came of it and our press didn't think it a worthwhile story for us parents who might have even thought about taking children here in future european games (unforeseen covid notwithstanding obviously) 

On 02/11/2020 at 22:31, HighPeakFox said:

Schmeichel

@Babylon

@Ric Flair

@Finnegan

@Webbo

Tielemans

Mendy

Under

Maddison

Barnes

Vardy

We'd still win.

On 03/11/2020 at 07:57, Dahnsouff said:

Defending by committee ? 

:nigel:

On 03/11/2020 at 07:58, HighPeakFox said:

I just picked 4 established posters I enjoy, who I thought would have a sense of humour about it.

Just read in "The Sun" that this so called "big 4" are planning to take our rep points, limit the amount the rest of us can receive, and award prizes based on number of points. 

Planning to scrap some of the threads in general chat though and give newbies 5 free rep points. 

The rest are in uproar but these "big 4" see nothing wrong except the discussion around scrapping threads they don't like and don't see what the fuss is about, after all, they are getting 5 free rep points. 

Project Big Bastards I think. And Don King is representing them. 

Hope they don't threaten to set up a EuropeanSuperbolloxTalk.com. There's been rumours about it for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Just read in "The Sun" that this so called "big 4" are planning to take our rep points, limit the amount the rest of us can receive, and award prizes based on number of points. 

Planning to scrap some of the threads in general chat though and give newbies 5 free rep points. 

The rest are in uproar but these "big 4" see nothing wrong except the discussion around scrapping threads they don't like and don't see what the fuss is about, after all, they are getting 5 free rep points. 

Project Big Bastards I think. And Don King is representing them. 

Hope they don't threaten to set up a EuropeanSuperbolloxTalk.com. There's been rumours about it for years. 

Just found out I can't give rep points out. Apparently "I've ran out" 

It's started I tell ya. I bet I'd be allowed to give pointa to the "big 4"

Bastards!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, grumpyoldfox said:

Braga are currently third in the Portuguese Prem, behind Sporting Lisbon and Benfica, but in front of Porto on fourth.  Their stats are P6 W4 L2   For9 Ag5 GD4  BUT they have won their last 4 games.  So, no so dusty...

As far as i'm aware there are 3, maybe 4 tiers in that league...

Porto/Benfica

Sporting Lisbon/maybe Braga

Maybe Braga

----------------

Everyone else

They're good but not to be feared at all. Not expecting us to walk over them by any means

10 hours ago, blue blood said:

I have taken it upon myself to do a spot of translationing.

A complicated battle in England, where the opponent is, theoretically, the strongest team in the group. On the pitch the conversation may be different. We'll see.

Good luck, SC Braga.

Leicester with some savings in today's game.

I already mentioned it in the topic of the game with Zorya, but I emphasize again: we cannot lose both games with the English.
A scenario in which they have 12pts and Braga 6 at the end of the 4th round can make life very complicated. Those behind are guaranteed to score and Leicester doing 12pts guarantees 1st place in the group, then playing in savings in the second leg against Zorya and AEK.

They are a very strong team, much more than Wolves. If we are not focused, it can fall apart. A tie would be an excellent result.

The only question is whether Gaitán will play in the place of Ricardo Horta because the other 10 are right. Honestly from what I have seen Gaitán would rather bet on another player.

The first game will be decisive ... as I think they will be better prepared in the return game, and for us it will be more difficult to surprise in the second game. I honestly think that Carvalhal will (or would be prudent) change something in the middle, in order to better control the verticality that they print in the game, and we are not very strong in closing the lines (especially on the right).

They are in incredible shape, even today they gave 4 ...
What stands out most about them is the effectiveness of the offensive process, they always manage to create danger in the attacks they make, shoot the goal with great ease.
In my opinion, they are much better than Wolves.

I found this graph on Reddit in relation to the attacks made and suffered by Premier League teams.

Leicester is a team that suffers a lot of attacks, and that does few (even more attacks than the ones it does), which tells us two things:
 1) it would not be abnormal to have a good amount of time in possession of the ball, and it would be VERY important to take advantage of some of the opportunities that Leicester is giving to work in the most effective way possible (if we are the team with more attacks in the first round of the Europa League , it would be useful to take advantage that Leicester ends up allowing many attacks, and to make some - the attacks alone are worth 0)
 2) it is necessary to be very careful with Leicester's attacks, because if they don't make many attacks (they have the same goals as Liverpool, for example, see the number of attacks they need for the same 17 goals) and they have the goals they have means that each attack they make is very dangerous. More than ever, we will need an above average defense, and with the security that these last games have shown.

What I interpret from here is that Leicester is a team of counterattacks / short attacks.
For me, in this next game it can even play in our favor because I very much doubt that Braga will take over the game and will certainly adopt a more defensive posture to play on the counterattack. If so, Leicester may be in an uncomfortable position because they are used to the opposite, that is, they play on the counterattack and the opponent takes on more of the game.

Amazing how after 3 seasons of possession football, we are now again being labelled by everyone as a counter attack team, off the back of a few away matches where we've been heavily depleted and had to play conservatively as a result. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

Actually can't wait for this one. Getting a bit excited by this competition now. Don't know much about Braga but that's part of the the adventure.

We may be depleted but with the current ethos that seems to be running through the squad I am confident that whatever team Rodgers puts out they will give it a good go. Whilst not make or break, win and we are pretty much home and hosed for qualification and it will put down a big marker as far as our Euro credentials are concerned.

If we win the group we should avoid most of the big guns in the next round and after that who knows.

Just have a feeling that we could do really well in this competition

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Amazing how after 3 seasons of possession football, we are now again being labelled by everyone as a counter attack team, off the back of a few away matches where we've been heavily depleted and had to play conservatively as a result. 

He's just analysing recent peformances. Pretty much everyone I spoke to knew we were possesion based. For the last 3 years.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The Braga lads and lasses seem quite nice. :)

https://www.superbraga.com/forum/index.php/topic,29038.20.html

Has to be said my experience with Portuguese fans in general is always good. Every time we've had interactions with them, whether it be playing against them or in transfer sagas, they seem like a friendly bunch. Based on limited experiences of course, but just what I've noticed.