Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

BRAGA pre match thread

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I just picked 4 established posters I enjoy, who I thought would have a sense of humour about it.

I did realise this :blink:

• Haha 1

I think the lads have got enough in the tank to get through the next two games before the break. So not massive changes for me. I do however think Fofana looked unsurprisingly leggy in the last 15 mins (I imagine the weather didn't help) so i'd really like it if Evans is fit so he can have a rest! Either that or we go Morgan, Justin, Fuchs.

I'd be tempted to swap Barnes for Under and Madders for Praet/Tielemans too, for the same reason as above. 

Was doing a bit of reading about Braga and the Wolves game and found this article:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/11/29/the-worst-match-ive-been-to-wolves-fans-on-chaos-and-crushing-outside-braga-stadium/

Sounds pretty horrendous, I don't remember it making much news here.

They lost their first two games in the Portuguese Primera league, but have won 4 in a row since the last 2 by 1 goal to nil.

Their 2 defeats came against Santa Clara (5th) and Porto. 
The other thing that strikes me without ever watching them play is they get a lot of bookings and red cards.

15 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Was doing a bit of reading about Braga and the Wolves game and found this article:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2019/11/29/the-worst-match-ive-been-to-wolves-fans-on-chaos-and-crushing-outside-braga-stadium/

Stories of British fans being treated terribly abroad generally don't make the press despite it countless happening. 

I know it's not an even comparison but folk were shocked at Police during the Catalan elections. That's average European trip away sadly. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Random point based on the reference to the weather - met a guy from Braga earlier this year and he was telling me its quite cold and wet for Portuguese standards.

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Stories of British fans being treated terribly abroad generally don't make the press despite it countless happening. 

I know it's not an even comparison but folk were shocked at Police during the Catalan elections. That's average European trip away sadly. 

I know, it just seems exceptionally bad that they were still penned in for no reason when the game kicked off.

Schmeichel

Justin Morgan Fofana Thomas

Choudhury Mendy Maddison

Under Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Fuchs, Evans, Perez, Tielemans, Praet, Vardy

Wouldn't be surprised to see this. Certainly not a strong side on paper (relative to our best), but there's enough quality there to get a result whilst still giving a rest to most of those who have played a lot of minutes recently. I think I'd take a draw here if it meant we'd have a better chance against Wolves, although it'd be nice to get all 3 points and more-or-less wrap up qualification already (esp if the Zorya-AEK game is a draw).

The 3/5 at the back has been successful in recent weeks and its certainly helping to cover our defensive injuries. Not really much choice to change it so it probably stays, save Evans for Wolves hopefully. But the 3/5 at the back makes it difficult to fit in some players up top. I would like to see pace of Barnes/Under on either side of Vardy (Or Iheanacho if we rest Vardy for this) but then Maddison misses out again. 

Our recent style of play is suited to European football I feel, so we'll probably let them play with the ball with their technical players and we'll pounce on them on the break. I fancy us to cause them trouble but its whether it will be one game to many for a makeshift defence that has been outstanding in the last week. 

Would be great to win here and pretty much wrap up group stages. Think we’ll be massively confident after last night. Braga are no mugs though and the biggest test out of this group. Could be a 1-0er 

Braga tend to play a 343 system in most games, though they played 442 last night it seems, a game they won. Wolves also play 343, so that's 3 games against a 343 in our next 4 games to deal with. But the difference is that Braga play possession football and Wolves play a counter attack.

• Thanks 1

Would love to see Maddison, Vardy, Barnes and Ünder all playing at the same time, but given how well we’ve been playing with the 3/5 atb can’t see anything changing, and not sure it should. Maybe a little bit of rotation where we can afford it up the top end of the pitch, and rest the likes of Fuchs, Evans, Tielemans and Vardy for the Wolves game.

Kasper 

Albrighton

Fofana 

Morgan

Justin

Thomas 

Under 

Praet

Mendy

Maddison

Iheanacho

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

This is our most difficult game but with 6 on the board already I think we should be looking to rest players. We could easily lose with a full strength side out so just take a probable loss because our player's fitness is worth more.

This is the Europa League, why would we put out a weakened side when we're at home to the Pot 1 team????

After the Leeds game...oh and the AEK game...hang on....and the Arsenal game.....Zorya?......yes the Zorya game as well, I have no idea about predicting line up's any more. 

How Fuchs and Albrighton played against Leeds, I don't think there should be any concern that they could be playing for this. 

I'd hope to have Evans back and I'd start with Vardy, he just seems to be enjoying every moment on the pitch as if it's last, it's a joy to watch. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

After the Leeds game...oh and the AEK game...hang on....and the Arsenal game.....Zorya?......yes the Zorya game as well, I have no idea about predicting line up's any more. 

How Fuchs and Albrighton played against Leeds, I don't think there should be any concern that they could be playing for this. 

I'd hope to have Evans back and I'd start with Vardy, he just seems to be enjoying every moment on the pitch as if it's last, it's a joy to watch. 

I'm definitely complaining about the next line up in the match thread. It could be prime 2016 with Kante and Mahrez in it and I'd still go WTF Rodgers has lost it. Seems to be a tactic that works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would love to see Maddison, Vardy, Barnes and Ünder all playing at the same time, but given how well we’ve been playing with the 3/5 atb can’t see anything changing, and not sure it should. Maybe a little bit of rotation where we can afford it up the top end of the pitch, and rest the likes of Fuchs, Evans, Tielemans and Vardy for the Wolves game.

Kasper 

Albrighton

Fofana 

Morgan

Justin

Thomas 

Under 

Praet

Mendy

Maddison

Iheanacho

Wolves on sunday has to be the prority, this is a game the team can afford to lose

rest vardy and start kelechi. Vards cant play every three days all the time.