Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

PPVTV

The Villa game I was amazed at how easy I found legal streams. I use the word legal as they were like the equivalent of ITV or BBC I player over here. I’ve recently needed a VPN for work and by simply using that And basing myself in the relevant countries  I Found two foreign countries showing it live and had an HD quality stream for free.  Like Strokes says the power is in our hands. 

I've used a site for over ten years to download from, to Utorrent client. It is an Invite only site, private servers. Recently they added iptv to anyone that donates monthly to the site which works out at £7pcm I pay using PayPal. Never had an issue. For that I get every channel In the world. You pick them and then download your own file and run it in VLC player. Jobs a good Un. It has replaced all my TV subs. I download all my TV. Even games as long as there not online games, I used to do but my pc is bust so.. I even got 3ds max 2020 for game rendering last week it's software worth £1500. The way I see it. These people make plenty and people robbing it is a tiny proportion. 

On 06/11/2020 at 02:20, Vlad the Fox said:

west Brom v burnley apparently attracted an audience of about 1500. 

Jesus - that many.  This is exactly why 'lock-downs' can cause serious mental health problems.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

it is a conundrum 

it obviously costs sky/BT to put on a game so why would they do it for a loss?  before PPV came in, we were getting every game broadcast across their platforms. plus the odd bbc one. there has to be an announcement v v soon because clubs need to make plans for next weekend. at least the hotels will be empty so late bookings not a problem but the fitness teams need to have stuff planned for pre/post game re those clubs in Europe.

I imagine their cost are more then cover by the money they make from advertising.

Sky had £17 billion turnover in 2019, it not like they a scrapping the barrel for money 

No one is asking them to take a loss, just charge a fair going rate.

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think the most logical thing to do and the most reasonable is a netflix style subscription. £14.95 per month, rolling contract if it's possible, I wouldn't be against that.

As a season ticket holder I'm currently not paying anything towards match tickets so 15 quid a month wouldn't be too bad. 

The trouble with this is that there are too many fingers in too many pies. Going down that route with Sky for example, could make BT and Amazon mad and vice versa. Loads of fan flocking to Sky and not taking new subscriptions with anyone else. 

Unless, and this is the perfect time to trial it, the premier could find a way of setting their service up, and in future binning off sky, bt and amazon.

So is that £15/month each to Sky, BT and Amazon or do they share it out?

I don't see how that can work it would have to be per match to each provider.

1 minute ago, davieG said:

So is that £15/month each to Sky, BT and Amazon or do they share it out?

I don't see how that can work it would have to be per match to each provider.

That's what I was saying, I can't see how it could be done. To give it all to1 provider won't please the other providers. But if it could be done, the costs of covering the games would be taken out and the majority of the profit gets split between the clubs. 

Another fair thing to do (for fans) would be to let each club run their own games. But this would mean the likes of United and Liverpool getting much more income than the likes of us and Burnley. Games that are chosen for TV coverage are not allowed to be covered, and only home games count. For away games an extra £5 per match going to the home team?? 

The thing that is probably likely to happen is that PPV remains and the cost is reduced to £9.99 per game, or knowing the greed of the premier league it'll more likely be £12.95 per game and they'll think they've done fans a favour by saving 2 quid.

I don't claim to know the ins and outs of the contracts the premier league signs and I'm obviously not suggesting it would have been easy, but surely there must be a way the premier league can come up with it's own subscription service? All games shown live, £15 per month. I know that would being problems regarding ticket sales, but fans like me (when we're allowed again) would still go to games. I hate watching football on TV, I'd still be at every home game. Away ticket sales might suffer but that would mean away ticket prices might drop making it more affordable to attract away fans. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think the most logical thing to do and the most reasonable is a netflix style subscription. £14.95 per month, rolling contract if it's possible, I wouldn't be against that.

As a season ticket holder I'm currently not paying anything towards match tickets so 15 quid a month wouldn't be too bad. 

The trouble with this is that there are too many fingers in too many pies. Going down that route with Sky for example, could make BT and Amazon mad and vice versa. Loads of fan flocking to Sky and not taking new subscriptions with anyone else. 

Unless, and this is the perfect time to trial it, the premier could find a way of setting their service up, and in future binning off sky, bt and amazon.

It currently costs around £70 a month for Sky and BT coverage and you don't get all the games for that. You may want a Netflix type service, and maybe one day you'll get it but it'll be nowhere near £15 a month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

It currently costs around £70 a month for Sky and BT coverage and you don't get all the games for that. You may want a Netflix type service, and maybe one day you'll get it but it'll be nowhere near £15 a month.

But don't forget the premium you pay for F1, golf, cricket, boxing, WWE wrestling, UFC, International football, European football etc etc etc

If it happens in future, of course it would be £15 per month, but right now, with sky, bt and amazon holding all the rights to televise premier league football and with their charges, £15 per month while fans cannot attend games is reasonable 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But don't forget the premium you pay for F1, golf, cricket, boxing, WWE wrestling, UFC, International football, European football etc etc etc

If it happens in future, of course it would be £15 per month, but right now, with sky, bt and amazon holding all the rights to televise premier league football and with their charges, £15 per month while fans cannot attend games is reasonable 

£15 is less than a quarter of the monthly fees, my guess is that the PL is the majority of that cost. You've also got to factor in, who's going to pay 30-40 pound for every match day ticket when they can watch 2 home and 2 away matches every month for half that?

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

£15 is less than a quarter of the monthly fees, my guess is that the PL is the majority of that cost. You've also got to factor in, who's going to pay 30-40 pound for every match day ticket when they can watch 2 home and 2 away matches every month for half that?

I have factored that in, thats why I said in the current circumstances where fans are not able to attend, £15 per month is a fair charge.

In future, if it ever did happen (it won't) and the premier bin off sky, bt and amazon, then I would never expect to pay £15 per month. I would expect somewhere in the region of £45 plus. 

And, as I said, fans like me would still attend games, I don't think home attendances would be that greatly affected. Away attendances would most likely be affected though, which of course is a massive negative. But it may bring the cost of away tickets down to encourage people to go. More fans may be able to get tickets for away games etc the demand for tickets would always be there, I hate watching games on TV, I'd still have my season ticket but I can guarantee if there was a subscription service at £45 per month I'd have that too.  Where as, up until recently I didnt have sky sports or bt sports, based purely on the fact that every so often your "super Sunday" game is West Brom V Southampton. A subscription service would mean every game is available and I could pick whatever I wanted to watch when not at the ground myself 

• Thanks 1

Whilst Sky/but push the fact that they have lots of games, the fact is I am not really interested in any that do not feature us. I admit I did have the Liverpool vs Man City game on in the background while I was getting dinner ready but only because it directly affected our chance to stay top. I could just have easily listened to it on radio 5 but had a day pass to watch our earlier game

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

It isnt quite that simple, sky has a bunch of other rubbish within that cost e.g. the entertainment package is required to get sky sports.

Also if a model was adopted where you had more customers, then the revenue per customer could go down, and of course without sky you remove the middleman which reduces costs further.

Look at F1TV for an example, of course it isnt in the UK due to anti consumer sky, but the cost of it elsewhere and what you get for your money is amazing.  But for some reason the UK market is always different.

I do agree it wont be as low as £15 a month for all games though, I cannot see it been any less than £30-£40.  Because we are the UK it is how things work, need to milk that consumer.

What is concerning is that BT/sky were used for PPV when they werent needed, same for the FTA games, there is a unhealthy feeling of dependency on those guys from the EPL, that needs cutting before we can move to a better platform.  Also the problem of there needing be two providers, I think this is due to competition regulation, good in theory, bad in practice.  As proven competitors dont halve their prices because there is two of them, instead the consumer pays extra or gets less content.

I remember 10 years ago defending sky, but now there isnt many companies I hate more, their insistence on exclusivity is so anti consumer.

Edited by Chrysalis

13 hours ago, urban fox said:

Whilst Sky/but push the fact that they have lots of games, the fact is I am not really interested in any that do not feature us. I admit I did have the Liverpool vs Man City game on in the background while I was getting dinner ready but only because it directly affected our chance to stay top. I could just have easily listened to it on radio 5 but had a day pass to watch our earlier game

Pretty much how I felt.

I'm generally only interested in watching us, so I typically only get day or week passes.  For the duration of those passes, I sometimes watch other games ... but as often as not, I'm end up hoping it ends in a draw.  And I'm not really that bothered about other games, other than knowing the score and how if affects us.

Plus the lack of fans, makes "neutral" games even less watchable.   With fans in the ground, at least there might be some amusing backdrop to the action.   With no fans, or even worse, fake crowd noise, it's often just mind-numbingly tedious.

• Like 1

Doesn’t really matter because PPV has been culled but I’m on the understanding the scheduled 7.15 on a Sunday night fixture are fixtures that wouldn’t usually be scheduled for TV coverage. 

Which is why the 7.15 on a Sunday KO was PPV. That was the excuses they were making correct?

Are you telling me Liverpool v Leicester. 1st v 3rd/current Champions wouldn’t be scheduled within the usual TV KO slots?

Arsenal v Leicester is always on TV, likewise our games v Villa are always on TV - but they were made to be PPV.

You have to laugh at some of the bullshit they push.

11 minutes ago, Matt said:

Doesn’t really matter because PPV has been culled but I’m on the understanding the scheduled 7.15 on a Sunday night fixture are fixtures that wouldn’t usually be scheduled for TV coverage. 

Which is why the 7.15 on a Sunday KO was PPV. That was the excuses they were making correct?

Are you telling me Liverpool v Leicester. 1st v 3rd/current Champions wouldn’t be scheduled within the usual TV KO slots?

Arsenal v Leicester is always on TV, likewise our games v Villa are always on TV - but they were made to be PPV.

Was last seasons game at anfield on tv? I thought it was 3pm? 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It wasn't in the usual TV slot though? It stayed at 3pm while others had already been moved.

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It wasn't in the usual TV slot though? It stayed at 3pm while others had already been moved.

Fair enough. I didn't think any had been annouced already, I thought they were just all released at the same time.

As I said in my original post it doesn't really matter anyway as PPV has been scrapped, I just find it hard to believe should PPV were continuing this would have been on PPV.

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

read today that the failure of ppv will be used by sky/bt to argue that viewing figures are falling and hence enable them to negotiate a lower fee for their rights

Which in turn will be passed down to the customer.

...Thought not.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Which in turn will be passed down to the customer.

...Thought not.

To be fair, that could be the thing that starts to burst the bubble. Or let some air out.

With reviews into agent fees and people realising fans are a big part of the product, I can imagine there's a few changes coming. Our ridiculous wages are due to the Sky money. If that goes then there could be a lot of players with lighter wallets.