Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Giving away a corner doesn't make him rubbish.

Our inability to defend that corner makes everyone look rubbish.

I thought Luke Thomas was very far from our worst player this evening.

• Like 1

lets get this clear. chelsea were targetting him clearly. he didnt actually play that bad imo... but hes physically weak which is completely normal. think rodgers should have taken him off at HT. not his fault but with young players youve ought to pick and choose your moments. im not worried though. luke will become a star here and im sure of it. 

• Like 1

Im one who had been stating LT may be best suited to a loan for a season but regardless, no one can blame him for yesterday. He did some good things in a poor performance. We looked disjointed and hardly any of the starters had a decent game. Tielemans and Ndidi were bypassed in midfield for starters and largely our midfield did very little to protect the defenders including LT.

Fickle football fans shock !

On Saturday he had rave reviews, as he has had regularly. He makes a mistake or plays poorly (Arsenal) & he needs farming out to the Championship ! 
No wonder Chilwell wanted out, from recollection he had similar reactions from many. 
He’s young, learning, will make errors & probably not played in front of a crowd before. 
Give him a chance before we crucify him. For the record, he’s a better prospect than Chilwell. 

Edited by STEVIE B

17 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Oh here he is....Happy agenda

You're a laughing stock. Where're you been for two weeks?

why do you think the club are on the look out for a left back ?? 

Seriously man open your eyes 

35 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Because most positions need more than one player for them. Is football new to you?

You really think we would pay Bertrand 50k plus for 2 years if we didn't need him ?

he will take Thomas place for sure 

Edited by happy85

6 minutes ago, happy85 said:

You really think we would pay Bertrand 50k plus for 2 years if we didn't need him ?

he will take Thomas place for sure 

Wages will be higher as he's coming in on a free. 50k a week would put him on similar wages to Fuchs who's a squad player, which we need due to Justin being out until the end of the year.  So yes we would pay Bertrand 50k to come in as a squad player, not necessarily  a starter. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

If hes playing second fiddle to an average aging premier league left back then yes lol

More the fact that he wants Thomas out on loan but to also be backup for Bertrand lol

If Bertrand did come in I think Thomas would still be ahead of him anyway, until JJ is back

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

More the fact that he wants Thomas out on loan but to also be backup for Bertrand lol

If Bertrand did come in I think Thomas would still be ahead of him anyway, until JJ is back

I missed the preamble sorry so only saw that Haha.

My opinion is that if hes gonna get 20+ starts next season then hes better off staying here 

If he ends up 3rd choice behind a new LB and Justin then hes better off playing first team football somewhere

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I missed the preamble sorry so only saw that Haha.

My opinion is that if hes gonna get 20+ starts next season then hes better off staying here 

If he ends up 3rd choice behind a new LB and Justin then hes better off playing first team football somewhere

I think Justins condition will be the big influence on what happens with Thomas this summer, as we do seem very likely to sign a new left back

If JJ is out for the rest of the year like Ricardo was, then I can see Thomas staying until January and then looking to loan him out