Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Up until Man U, I have thought a loan would suit Leicester and Thomas because of the quality of our other players.  However, Thomas is now sometimes picked ahead of Ricardo.  His goal showed class worthy of a top league.  

Now I admit I was wrong to suggest this legend, assisting the winner on an Fa Cup final should be loaned out.  I was very wrong and I am sorry.

Not accepted, you are banned to Watch Forest for 6 months, and only Comeback on probation..

Don t worry you wont be alone...we have quite a few Silly buggars, Kicking around the forum ..who have a loan-Virus & refuse to wear face-masks...p:giggle::giggle:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Unreal performance Luke! What a brilliant player this young lad is!

He has nerves of steel and didn't put a foot wrong all match long. You should be nervous and timid in an FA Cup final, but he and Fofana were rock solid. Really made for him, he has a massive future here.

I think we will sign another player who might play in front of him, but Thomas will continue to get many games and he has proved he is ready to step up whenever called upon. I love it that a local lad who is a fan is living the dream and is so humble.

I agree but someone who is genuinely if front of him and not someone like Ryan Bertrand for example who is not in front of him.

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Not accepted, you are banned to Watch Forest for 6 months, and only Comeback on probation..

Don t worry you wont be alone...we have quite a few Silly buggars, Kicking around the forum ..who have a loan-Virus & refuse to wear face-masks...p:giggle::giggle:

I wear a face mask with a fox on.  Should we loan out Will Alves?

1 minute ago, Steven said:

I agree but someone who is genuinely if front of him and not someone like Ryan Bertrand for example who is not in front of him.

If it's Gosens, then Gosens is in front of him, with Thomas as back-up. If it's Bertrand, then Thomas is in front. After the last two games, it is entirely possible we decide to give Thomas the starting berth until JJ returns next season. He is still raw and will make mistakes, but he was one of our best players in a cup final! He's proved he can handle the pressure.

I have a feeling James Justin won't be back until Christmas and even then, like Ricardo probably will take many games to get back to top form. So I could understand why we want to sign another player.

I am a massive Gosens fan, honestly I think he would take the club to another level. But he will be in demand and we might not be able to get him. In that case I am happy to see Thomas continue to play!

Remember Fuchs is leaving us, so we do need to sign someone. If Bertrand is a backup / squad option it's not a terrible move. If he's first choice, that would be a different story!

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Thomas, Ricky, Justin, Tim - I mean, we could potentially have 4 of the best in their position in the league all at our club! It's just mind blowing. 

Add in to that two of the best CB’s as well. Really quite insane. 

• Like 1

Fantastic performance from the Lad on the biggest day of his young career. Must be living the dream playing for his home town club and makes the decision to sell Chilwell even better. Has been solid in a position where you do make mistakes and experience is needed to learn your game. Has the potential to go a long way and moving Chilwell on has proved excellent business

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Unreal performance Luke! What a brilliant player this young lad is!

He has nerves of steel and didn't put a foot wrong all match long. You should be nervous and timid in an FA Cup final, but he and Fofana were rock solid. Really made for him, he has a massive future here.

I think we will sign another player who might play in front of him, but Thomas will continue to get many games and he has proved he is ready to step up whenever called upon. I love it that a local lad who is a fan is living the dream and is so humble.

I'm definitely against signing another full back, Gosens or not.  We've got four plus Amartey and Kevin at a push and Thomas has proven that he is good enough and will only get better.  Why blow a big portion of a limited budget to put an obstacle in his way, especially when we have other priorities.

• Like 1

Just wandered over to this thread to see how many of youse still reckon Luke Thomas needs a year at a Championship side to aid his development. 

I see at least one poster has apologised for his inability to see a thoroughbred standing in front of him - mistaking it for a pony instead. Well done, mate. Should be another four queuing up to mumble their 'sorrys' for sticking to their increasingly inane opinion in spite of the mounting evidence to the contrary. 

On here, for some misanthropes, the ability to blindly and stubbornly deny what's sticking out like a sore thumb in front of their faces appears to be a valued character attribute. That and being miserable buggers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steven said:

Gosens > Thomas. I think Thomas is fantastic for a 19 year old but nowhere near Gosens at the moment. Certainly no worse than Chilwell at the same age.

Ah, I knew there'd be one diehard wanting to piss on Thomas's strawberries. Where's Happy85? He shouldn't be far behind.

According to form, Gosens doesn't want to come here. And why should he? Atalanta are third in Serie A, having just beaten Juve (in 4th).

As to Thomas being "nowhere near Gosens", that's conjecture based on what, exactly? He's 26 and only got the call up for the Nationalmannschaft last year - so it looks like his 'growth spurt' has arrived a lot later on than our wunderkind.

Based on a series of accomplished and mature performances and the precocity of JJ himself, perhaps City could save themselves a packet by trusting in two of our own ingénues, rather than a potentially risky hire-in from Italy.

I think he'd be a sensible buy, but is he now needed? 

• Like 1