Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I feel like I champion this chap a lot but he looks so comfortable on the ball, that dribbling he did before he slightly over hit the cross was great to see - feel like he could be a big player for us this season

I'd have him ahead of Bertrand but I know that is unlikely. I just think he is a very determined boy and with last season's experiences, especially the FA Cup final, will catapult him to another level this season 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I'd have him ahead of Bertrand but I know that is unlikely. I just think he is a very determined boy and with last season's experiences, especially the FA Cup final, will catapult him to another level this season 

Bertrand was signed as back up to a Thomas I thought? I would 100% have Thomas starting and I think this could be a big season for him, he’s class.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Bertrand was signed as back up to a Thomas I thought? I would 100% have Thomas starting and I think this could be a big season for him, he’s class.

I thought the thinking is to have Bertrand/Justin battle for starting LB with Thomas picking up games where he can 

Not sure Bertrand would have given up first team football if he was told he would be back-up to a 20 year old

Time will tell I guess, but yet another good headache for Rodgers to have 

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I thought the thinking is to have Bertrand/Justin battle for starting LB with Thomas picking up games where he can 

Not sure Bertrand would have given up first team football if he was told he would be back-up to a 20 year old

Time will tell I guess, but yet another good headache for Rodgers to have 

Bertrand was out of contract at Southampton and I don't think he was offered a new one. We've lost two experienced defenders, so we've brought an old head in who can play various positions.

If we're trying to improve our first team by signing players Southampton don't want, we've got issues.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Bertrand was out of contract at Southampton and I don't think he was offered a new one. We've lost two experienced defenders, so we've brought an old head in who can play various positions.

If we're trying to improve our first team by signing players Southampton don't want, we've got issues.

He turned down an offer from Southampton

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Bertrand was offered a new contract by Southampton which he declined.

He's an upgrade on Fuchs. One of the better players in that first half yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He turned their contract down according to reports. Still think he will start ahead of Thomas at LB, but I'd prefer Thomas to get more games there. Maybe there will be some rotation even in the league. Interesting to see what happens when Justin comes back though, as he was a superstar at LB for us before his injury 

If Thomas can add a bit of pace he will very good. Good composure, willing to have the ball, seems to be intelligent positionally, got a bit of skill, touch excellent and a good left foot. I think if the season started this weekend Bertrand would probably start but I think Thomas will get plenty of games. 

Thomas doesn't need to be playing 40 odd games a season at 20, I'd imagine he ahead of were the club expected him to be having 28 apps under he belt before hitting 20 years old.

His still learning his trade and to have a senior pro who plays his position is a really important.

I suspect we will see him play more in the Europa league, League Cup early doors.

10 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

If Thomas can add a bit of pace he will very good. Good composure, willing to have the ball, seems to be intelligent positionally, got a bit of skill, touch excellent and a good left foot. I think if the season started this weekend Bertrand would probably start but I think Thomas will get plenty of games

Justin?