Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Left Chilwell in one of those situations where there's one lad in front of you at the chip shop and only one battered sausage. Thomas dropped the shoulder and went beef and onion and then pulled rank and took the full fcukin business.

Unlucky Ben, don't come the coont we us

That's an amazing analogy 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've wondered how Thomas would react playing in front of a crowd. Maybe it's his face and how young he looks on TV but being there you really how he doesn't look out of place at all.

He was absolutely terrific. Well played Luke. We have a gem on our hands.

Yea right, is that the first time he’s played in front of a crowd in a first team game? Wowzer

To think some on here we’re battering him for one poor performance at 19 with little experience… criticise the more experienced or consistently poor players, it’s fine IMO to have your opinion but going in on this lad so early… well egg on your faces! 
To play like that in an FA Cup final. I think I’d have been throwing up at his age … 

• Like 1

Similar to Foden- he's benefitting more from being around the team and playing intermittently. With the extra games in Europe, hopefully deep into the FA Cup and with the schedule bringing injuries, suspensions, fatigue he was always going to get matches.

At times he's looked his age, at others he looks ten years older.

• Like 1

He's done really well in his last 2 games.

There is no doubt he is going to be a huge talent but if rumours are true and Goosens is coming here then he needs to get a loan as a regular starter at a premier league club next season to maximise his experience.

When does JJ come back? 

Regardless what a player Thomas turned out to be when it mattered.

Got to be honest, i questioned Rodgers' decision to play young Luke, but he had a really solid game.  He looked more assured than Soyuncu at times.

I have got a few things wrong this season and i'm sure many of the foxestalk family have said a few silly things in the heat of the moment.

Anyone else have any confessions?

10 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He's done really well in his last 2 games.

There is no doubt he is going to be a huge talent but if rumours are true and Goosens is coming here then he needs to get a loan as a regular starter at a premier league club next season to maximise his experience.

When does JJ come back? 

Regardless what a player Thomas turned out to be when it mattered.

He won’t go on loan until jan (if JJ comes back properly fit by November ). And if we get a left back in. Tbh, with the extra european fixtures guaranteed through the autumn, he is unlikely to be loaned out in that period. 

9 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Got to be honest, i questioned Rodgers' decision to play young Luke, but he had a really solid game.  He looked more assured than Soyuncu at times.

I have got a few things wrong this season and i'm sure many of the foxestalk family have said a few silly things in the heat of the moment.

Anyone else have any confessions?

I confess!

I haven't made negative or disparaging comments about Thomas bit have often expressed a thought that Thomas should go out on loan.  I was wrong.  It wasn't my fault: reminiscent of the Salem witch trials, a deluded Spurs fan came to me in my dreams and said , "Thomas must go out on loan."

My opinion was the devil's work.  I was wrong.  Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, gerblod said:

Just wandered over to this thread to see how many of youse still reckon Luke Thomas needs a year at a Championship side to aid his development. 

I see at least one poster has apologised for his inability to see a thoroughbred standing in front of him - mistaking it for a pony instead. Well done, mate. Should be another four queuing up to mumble their 'sorrys' for sticking to their increasingly inane opinion in spite of the mounting evidence to the contrary. 

On here, for some misanthropes, the ability to blindly and stubbornly deny what's sticking out like a sore thumb in front of their faces appears to be a valued character attribute. That and being miserable buggers. 

There 2 development pathways for him.

Train amongst the team and be on the bench being rotated in a heavily congested season as it sounds like we will be getting a left back like that Gosens.

or

Master your trade and position at a top championship club playing a full season competitively week in week out. 

There is no wrong answer here it’s just what will get the best out of the young lad and fulfil his potential to become an even bigger asset for us.

I’m personally a big fan of loans when they are done correct as you see a lot of players potentials that are hindered from not getting the game time.