Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

It's always great to see academy players on the big occasion. 19 years old and won the FA cup with his hometown club. 

Hopefully he can develop a bit more pace about him as I think that could be the only thing that holds him back. Not slow by any means but modern day full backs need the extra dynamism. It helped yesterday that he was up against Azpilicueta rather than Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic and even Reece James. Love his attitude, great technique. 

Rumours suggest we are after a left back but I hope we don't sign someone like Bertrand rather than stick with Thomas when needed. 

I didn't realise he was a fan aswell as coming through the academy. 

Literally living all of our dreams by playing in the FA cup final. 

Fair play to the lad i have said in the past he could be more confident going forwards and yesterday that seemed to be the case. He tried to beat his man on a couple of occasions. 

Put in a hige performance on one of the biggest stages of them all :appl:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gerblod said:

Just wandered over to this thread to see how many of youse still reckon Luke Thomas needs a year at a Championship side to aid his development. 

I see at least one poster has apologised for his inability to see a thoroughbred standing in front of him - mistaking it for a pony instead. Well done, mate. Should be another four queuing up to mumble their 'sorrys' for sticking to their increasingly inane opinion in spite of the mounting evidence to the contrary. 

On here, for some misanthropes, the ability to blindly and stubbornly deny what's sticking out like a sore thumb in front of their faces appears to be a valued character attribute. That and being miserable buggers. 

Being miserable buggars is just an East-midland trait...so we will Let that One go....

But Jumping on this loan-train every 2 months & season has become a "krankheit" Not being able to see the likes of  Justin,Soyuncu that they had already

reached that First Pinacle of PL competence...Individual Errors & mistakes are Not the measure of individual players Readiness or Competence to Play at any required level (PL in their case)

You Dont throw that talent out on loan, but grasp it & use it.....!!

Ricardo's/ Ndidi's, Vardys & Maddisons injuries must show that recuperation from injuries goes further, then just being named on the Team sheet....

Though Soyuncu and Vardy ,found a pragmitic way to get around any Handicap or still carried weaknesses..

Both are Not 100%, physically or sometimes mentally, but they are exceptions...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fox85 said:

He's done really well in his last 2 games.

There is no doubt he is going to be a huge talent but if rumours are true and Goosens is coming here then he needs to get a loan as a regular starter at a premier league club next season to maximise his experience.

When does JJ come back? 

Regardless what a player Thomas turned out to be when it mattered.

Honestly don't think you'll see JJ this side of Christmas, look at Ricardo, same injury and since his return he's had lots of muscular injuries and struggled to find form, no need to rush JJ like Ricardo did slightly

• Like 1

With a performance like yesterday's, and just generally how well he's done since he started playing in the summer, he could soon become a big fan's favourite. More so because he's a local lad but he's churning out performances like a player who's around 10 years older than him. His composure and confidence is refreshing. 

Given he's only 19, we still have to be patient with him - his inexperience will show at times and he may make a mistake or two here and there. As a fanbase we love a knee-jerk reaction but for someone who's already given the club a hell of a lot when it was desperately needed amongst all the injuries, we shouldn't be too quick to a) get on his back and b) even worse, write him off.

There's clearly serious potential there and in a side like ours, amongst some real quality and a very, very good manager, he could develop to become a proper regular first-teamer, and let's hope he's another player who can play for England while at Leicester.

• Like 3

In one of the biggest games in the clubs history Thomas smashed it and grabbed the assist. We have to remember he is still young and learning but the talent is there. If he has an off game which im sure he will can we all agree now that he doesn’t need a loan because “He isn’t ready” 

I don’t disagree with the comments that he needs games but 15-20 games is more than enough at the level he’s playing at rather that a year getting kicked in the championship. 

Edited by Whys it always me

Best left foot since Gupps, and a good local lad to boot - what’s not to like.

Makes me feel old though. The young whipper snapper wasn’t born when we last won the League Cup (2000), was in nappies during the Bassett - Adam’s - Bassett years, was getting out his first words when Levein was in charge, was in primary school when we went down to League One and was 10 years old when Sven was here! 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 3

What a lad, seems like a nice lad too. Better than that shit bag dickhead Chilwell. Really hope he continues to improve. They’ve been saying around the academy for a while that he’s a thoroughly good prospect. 

Top lad, needs a chant and not just “Luke Thomas he’s one of our own” 

7 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Best left foot since Gupps, and a good local lad to boot - what’s not to like.

Makes me feel old though. The young whipper snapper wasn’t born when we last won the League Cup (2000), as in nappies during the Bassett - Adam’s - Bassett years, was getting out his first words when Levein was in charge, was in primary school when we went down to League One and was 10 years old when Sven was here! 

There was a moment in the Final, where he took a free kick ahead of Tielemans and it was a delicious ball in as well. I just thought wow, this kid truly can go on and be very special. I know he isn't always going to wow us with his performances and he will make mistakes, but I really hope he sticks around as our 2nd LB next season, as I think there is no better manager to help him progress. Being trusted to play in the FA Cup final by your manager, is huge! 

• Like 2

On 16/05/2021 at 09:46, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a game he had, FA cup winners medal so early in his career, absolutely fantastic.

He's out for Ashley Cole's record of winners medals.

It's a left back thing.

Luke will do it with one club though.

• Like 2

If Luke is to go out on loan, I'd actually want to see him do top flight abroad somewhere. He's young enough and imagine what he could learn in Spain or Germany. More than just the playing but the culture and the language.

Tbh, that's what more English players should do

• Like 2

On 16/05/2021 at 08:56, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Yea right, is that the first time he’s played in front of a crowd in a first team game? Wowzer

Played in front of 600 in Prague, but otherwise yes.

Chilwell: scared to take throw ins in front of Millwall fans 

Thomas: wins the f***ing FA cup.

Can't even begin to fathom whats been going through his head over the last few days. Absolutely incredible stuff.

• Like 3

Very impressive performance considering the occasion, first senior game in front of fans and his family. It would've been unsurprising if he'd froze or let the occasion get to him. Took it all in his stride.  Although one of the players said he'd ice running through his veins, he's that cool. 

With us competing in 4 competitions next season, there should be plenty of games for him to play and continue his development. 

What a week this lad has had, scores arguably one of the best goals of the season for us and helps get our top 4 bid back in our hands and then sets up the winner in the FA Cup final and keeps a clean sheet. Aged 19. 

Loved how he was bollocking the tins down him an'all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What a week this lad has had, scores arguably one of the best goals of the season for us and helps get our top 4 bid back in our hands and then sets up the winner in the FA Cup final and keeps a clean sheet. Aged 19. 

Loved how he was bollocking the tins down him an'all.

Sunday (or Monday) morning...

LT - ‘Mum can I have a lift to work please’ :blink:

• Haha 1