Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Luke Thomas

Just now, UHDrive said:

No knee jerk reaction and I've been saying it for a while, but he needs going out on loan and I don't beleive he is our answer at LB.

Absolute nonsense!

Scored a worldie a week ago and played brilliantly in a cup final 3 days ago! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Absolute nonsense!

Scored a worldie a week ago and played brilliantly in a cup final 3 days ago! 

I've watched Thomas for a long long time and it's my opinion that he doesn't possess the all round class that this club is at. If going on loan manages to do that then great but from where I'm standing he's not the answer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

No knee jerk reaction and I've been saying it for a while, but he needs going out on loan and I don't beleive he is our answer at LB.

Just now, UHDrive said:

I've watched Thomas for a long long time and it's my opinion that he doesn't possess the all round class that this club is at. If going on loan manages to do that then great but from where I'm standing he's not the answer.

You ok, hun?

• Haha 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

He might not be the answer but I bet you wern't thinking that at the Man U game.

Clearly he's not at the calibre of James Justin, but neither was James Justin until he bacame James Justin.

If any coach can make him better it's Brendan, he needs more time and clearly wasn't in Rogers plans pre season, the Injury to JJ has forced his hand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I know football is all about opinions etc but frankly you are categorically wrong here. 

He's a first team player on merit and does not need a loan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisfox said:

He might not be the answer but I bet you wern't thinking that at the Man U game.

Clearly he's not at the calibre of James Justin, but neither was James Justin until he bacame James Justin.

If any coach can make him better it's Brendan, he needs more time and clearly wasn't in Rogers plans pre season, the Injury to JJ has forced his hand.

I’m confused by this. Was he previously Jamelia Justin ? 

5 minutes ago, Whys it always me said:

This is brilliant that lad did poor for the corner admittedly yet because of this he needs to go out on loan 99 times out of 100 he clears that. 

Does little Wes need to go on loan too for his error today?

Thomas scored a goal against Manchester United that Messi dreams of gets an assist in the FA cup final and was outstanding but you are right he needs a loan. 

Give your head a wobble. 

*I've watched Thomas for a long time* 

As in years. You can underscore my opinion if you like, or would that give your head too much of a tiny wobble? 

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m confused by this. Was he previously Jamelia Justin ? 

It means remover his first season? James Justin looked miles away at the end of last season.

Thomas has looked better than he did without a couple of hundred games for Luton before

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

*I've watched Thomas for a long time* 

As in years. You can underscore my opinion if you like, or would that give your head too much of a tiny wobble? 

Years?? was you watching him in the u23s and u18s then. He’s played less than a year in the first team as his debut was July last year chap? 

if you watched him for the u18s I can assure you he was one of the standout players 

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I know football is all about opinions etc but frankly you are categorically wrong here. 

He's a first team player on merit and does not need a loan.

How long has he been a first team player?? 🤔 

He only got in the first team squad because we got shafted with injurys to our LB's/RB's in the season.

20 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He's beyond that already. Whether JJ or another as first choice, he'll get plenty of games next season. We know that Ricardo and Castagne aren't viable in that position. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

He not ready. Again non existent in attack 

We were all waiting in baited breath for your next installment in this thread. I'm happy85 to see you delivered as promised.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I kinda understand where UHDrive is coming from.

Thomas is showing huge potential but he doesn’t offer enough as a wing back, he’s much better suited to working with a player in front of him and plying as LB.

I’m happy to see him stay and play games for us next season but would also be happy if he got sent on loan, what ever helps his development!

We definitely need better currently and would like to see a LB coming in!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

How long has he been a first team player?? 🤔 

He only got in the first team squad because we got shafted with injurys to our LB's/RB's in the season.

Hold on a minute you’ve just said youve been watching him for years so you know this answer. 

Thomas made his debut last July and as you point out this may have been because of injuries last season. We sold chilwell and brought in castange. Rodgers still promoted Thomas to the first team this year before all the injuries so he was promoted on merit by a coach who watches him day in day out. The same coach who chose him in the FA cup final over Ricardo do you honestly think he would play him if he didn’t think he was good enough? 

Soyuncu didn’t help him today. Most passes were played to him when he was closely marked with little space to turn into. He had to keep trying to go full circle to beat a player

he needs more support on the pitch but I don’t see much wrong with him considering his age and experience 

• Like 1

I am by no means blaming Thomas for tonight's loss or holding him accountable for that corner.....However, the wing backs are critical to a formation succeeding when playing 3/5 at the back. Thomas and Albrighton don't have the experience in that position to know when they can push on to track and gamble at the back post.

Castagne at RB would have been far better tonight if we didn't need him and CB. Likewise a top left back like Gossens would have added an extra dimension to our attack.

Our current formation becomes far to narrow when our Wing backs are not attacking, for that reason it wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers looks for another LB this summer to upgrade our squad. Thoms could then Puch on to be that player in five years