Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Seagrave Training Centre

19 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

Round of applause to our amazing owners, smashed it like a true Fox!

God only knows what they have instore for the stadium.

Watch this space.

Rather they spend it on players or prospects. Our team is running on fumes right now.

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think we'll be alright for players when everyone's fit. That seems a long way off at the moment, though.

I think you have to invest in infrastructure while you can.

I don't want to be one of those guys(doom and gloom) but everyone being fit at the same time is a bit of a long shot. Especially given the amount and speed of the fixtures that keep coming non stop (2 or 3 day rest). Just like to see us build up the squad a bit more before we make another infrastructure investment like the training centre. We need a bit of security to keep us top 4/6 and I'd also like to see us invest in staff improvements and additional prospects. Everything starts from our performance on the pitch. Must keep the momentum moving forward at all costs.

59 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I don't want to be one of those guys(doom and gloom) but everyone being fit at the same time is a bit of a long shot. Especially given the amount and speed of the fixtures that keep coming non stop (2 or 3 day rest). Just like to see us build up the squad a bit more before we make another infrastructure investment like the training centre. We need a bit of security to keep us top 4/6 and I'd also like to see us invest in staff improvements and additional prospects. Everything starts from our performance on the pitch. Must keep the momentum moving forward at all costs.

I remember years ago watching AFTV and some Arsenal fans were moaning that the move to the Emirates hurt them. They were saying that it came with the promise of more match day revenue to improve the team, but it turned out that the TV money grew and far eclipsed the increased stadium revenue, leaving them in a worse position. No idea how true that is, but I'm not convinced that 10k extra seats and the hotel etc are worth spending 200m on at this point in time. Unless of course Top's paying for all of it himself.

I'd love a stadium expansion as I'm wanting to get a ST, and currently near the bottom of the waiting list for one, but I'd much rather the club consolidate a top 4/6 position.

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

I remember years ago watching AFTV and some Arsenal fans were moaning that the move to the Emirates hurt them. They were saying that it came with the promise of more match day revenue to improve the team, but it turned out that the TV money grew and far eclipsed the increased stadium revenue, leaving them in a worse position. No idea how true that is, but I'm not convinced that 10k extra seats and the hotel etc are worth spending 200m on at this point in time. Unless of course Top's paying for all of it himself.

I'd love a stadium expansion as I'm wanting to get a ST, and currently near the bottom of the waiting list for one, but I'd much rather the club consolidate a top 4/6 position.

You can’t really spend 200m on players ref FFP but you can on infrastructure - as has been illustrated before, the 200m investment need not affect the annual spend on transfers 

On 04/12/2020 at 22:22, King of Gipsy Lane said:

We are on our way to being a world class club on and off the pitch, this club was effectively wiped out 20 years ago and had to be saved by old players, now we have one of the worlds best training centres , won the league and have a global footprint, when we left filbert street I genuinely worried about the future of the club and the costs that were accumulating, now the club is world famous and growing daily, it’s been an amazing journey and can only grow further 

what a time to be a city fan 

When you consider what the last 10 years King Power has brought under steady ownership and shrewd investment; with this place opening I honestly cannot fathom what we might achieve by 2030.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You can’t really spend 200m on players ref FFP but you can on infrastructure - as has been illustrated before, the 200m investment need not affect the annual spend on transfers 

No it doesnt affect FFP, but surely the money has to come from somewhere? We paid the 100m for the training ground from TV money and Mahrez money via Macquarie Bank. If we hadn't built it, we'd have that amount available for additional transfers. I think the training ground was worth the money, as it directly improves player recruitment, retention and performance, while a slightly larger stadium doesn't really do as much.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

...we haven't got the money!!!

We may have a FFP amnesty but all we would be doing is increasing our wage bill.

The squad is good enough, there is adequate skillset for us to maintain a top 6 position. 

Our club is owned and run by some of the most astute business personnel around, if it wasn’t financially viable to run both major restoration projects and a football club simultaneously, then they wouldn’t have started it. The squad is fine and will be added to, and now the club has the opportunity to develop its football behind the scenes too.

Just take Loughborough uni for an example, most of the finest athletes in the country go there to train, not because it’s in Loughborough, but because the facilities are world class. The club will reap the benefits of this, particularly a club like ours that relies on being self a sufficient. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, brucey said:

Great points. I don't know the specifics either and a 42,000 seat stadium sounds great. Consolidation seems the perfect word to describe where we need to be given our financial situation(whatever that is). Build the squad and get Seagrave running on all eight cylinders(producing 1st team talent). Consolidate that then add to the stadium. Hope you get your Season Ticket.:)

Just wanted to say, since this is the Training Center thread, that with the addition of landscaping the place looks magnificent.

Can't wait to watch the talent the club produces from it.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

We do not have an adequate squad for us to maintain a top 6 position should we lose Vardy or another center half given our injury situation. We are on the edge. Go blame it on Rodgers.:)

We can only have 25 players in the squad, we have to keep them all happy. We currently have 1/4 of that squad out injured. We only really have Vardy who we would struggle to replace in case of injury and what player who could replace Vardy is going to come here and sit on the bench waiting for an injury.

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Found a few new pics on Insta etc

123956009_2728448167418179_8626250384583

Its going to look a whole lot better as a backdrop than Belvoir Drive come January when Rob Dorsett is stood at the gates waiting to announce potential incomings, although you'd think the size of the place they would have opted to grow the clubs 'stash' somewhere a little more out of the public eye.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Its going to look a whole lot better as a backdrop than Belvoir Drive come January when Rob Dorsett is stood at the gates waiting to announce potential incomings, although you'd think the size of the place they would have opted to grow the clubs 'stash' somewhere a little more out of the public eye.

... or the latest sacked manager as he leaves in his blacked-out windowed car being chased by the paps. 

Is this sign on the roadside entrance? Any photo's from you locals? 

LCFC training ground is a bit bland isn't it? Would of thought they'd go with park hill training ground or something.

I really hope they aren't selling the naming rights to it down the line!

I could live with king power but not pari match or bia Saigon training ground or some rubbish like that.